Johnson, Scott, Williams playing Sunday

cincyhokie

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Wednesday-notes-Bengals-say-bye-to-injuries/cecc2423-ea63-4c47-b825-12f2bb9a04f2

Wednesday notes: Bengals say bye to injuries

GEOFF HOBSON

Posted Nov 4, 2009

aaUpdated: 12:40 p.m.

Before the first full-scale practice since the bye, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said Wednesday that his team is as healthy as it has been this season and that he expected all his players to be on the field. So the indication is that the two players that left the Oct. 25 win over the Bears with knee injuries, fullback Jeremi Johnson and running back Bernard Scott, are going to practice. The newest Bengal, fullback Fui Vakapuna, said it looked to him like Johnson could play...

Vakapuna, the seventh-rounder who had been on the Arizona practice squad since the Bengals released him in last cuts just before the regular season, got an eyeful of the playbook Wednesday morning and said there have been a lot of tweaks to it since...

How different are things this year? Wednesday is usually reserved for The Ocho's media hijinks. But on this Wednesday Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco called quarterback Carson Palmer over to his locker for a joint news conference Wednesday and Palmer stood with him for a few minutes before he departed with, "This is boring. Say something controversial. You're too politically correct, man. This is boring. I'm out of here."

The Ocho did say he sent a package to the Ravens defense, but if it is a la the 2004 Pepto Bismol bundle to the Browns he wouldn't elaborate. Palmer said later at his own news conference that he likes The Ocho's new approach, but that he wouldn't mind hearing "the old Chad" for a little bit, either...

"I just want to send my condolences out now," The Ocho said of the package. "Y'all welcome ahead of time."

The next TD celebration? It will be in honor of New York rapper Nicki Minaj using her signature move.

Bengals Injury free week 9? Wow! shocking (Okay we still have some IR's but 3 IR's isn't to bad compared previous years where we would have 10-15 at this point.

I hope we get a glimpse of big Andre.

Indeed they need to run Him at RT & Roland at TE for the Jumbo Package...Change it to the Pancake formation ^_^

pS,I don't count the other IR's because none of them would have made the team

My prediction is that we will see big Andre in our jumbo package this week coming in as a TE

I'd think Right Tackle Position they've had him Learning the position he's going to play Right tackle so why put him in at TE when think can Just kick Roland one spot over who is use to being the TE in the formation.

My prediction is that we will see big Andre in our jumbo package this week coming in as a TE

How different are things this year? Wednesday is usually reserved for The Ocho's media hijinks.

I've never missed a scheduled episode of Zalman King's Clown Shoe Diaries.

The Ocho did say he sent a package to the Ravens defense, but if it is a la the 2004 Pepto Bismol bundle to the Browns he wouldn't elaborate.

Best guess? Who want's a free book written by Chad?

(Yeah, me neither.)

Conversely, looking at Baltimore. If Ngata can't go that's a huge advantage for the Bengals offense in the run game. Add in the possibility of using Andre Smith in some line schemes and there could be some significant mismatches.

Is Ngata hurt? I haven't heard anything

He sprained his ankle against the Broncos. He was not able to pratice today and Harbaugh is saying he's "hopeful" that he will play this Sunday. Even if he does play Sunday, a 300 lb man with a sprained ankle is not a good thing.

How different are things this year? Wednesday is usually reserved for The Ocho's media hijinks.

I've never missed a scheduled episode of Zalman King's Clown Shoe Diaries.

The Ocho did say he sent a package to the Ravens defense, but if it is a la the 2004 Pepto Bismol bundle to the Browns he wouldn't elaborate.

Best guess? Who want's a free book written by Chad?

(Yeah, me neither.)

I wonder if it's an autographed picture of Tara.

Ngata did not practice Wed, and is listed as probable on the Ravens IR. Another big question is Ed Reed. Apparently he is listed as Questionable according to ESPN and wore a brace on his arm. If Ngata and Reed aren't full strength come Sunday that means big things for the Bengals.

I'm also hoping to see Andre out there in some jumbo packages. It's scary to think how nasty our run game is, and how much better it might be if we have the best run blocker from the 09 draft finally out on the field!

Lastly, I cannot imagine this team comes out flat. Do you think Marv, Chad, or Carson will let any of these guys forget what is on the line this Sunday?!?! Total fact, we beat Balt., we are guaranteed to be at least tied for the AFC North (minus a melt down of epic proportions against the Browns) for the year. . I think the bye came at just the right time, gave us an extra week of healing and prep for a big game. Think it's going to be a close one, but man would I love to see the Bengals blowout Baltimore!

Reed being out would be huge for us.

/bleedin' obvious

Without Ngata or Reed, there D would be average at best.

I'd rather just beat them at full strength though.

I see what you mean. I couldn't care less though. In fact, I hope they are missing and we beat them. We've beaten them at full strength before and every team has injuries - give them a list of Bengals injuries over the last few yrs if they want. Suck it up. It would make their bleating less obnoxious at least. Let them have an out and the hissy fit won't be as unbecoming.

Also, even with Reed and Ngata, their D is a different animal compared to previous yrs. Still a a good D but no longer a dominating unit that could pretty much win a couple of games a season on their own. They have an offense worthy of the name nowadays though. They aren't the '98 Vikes or anything but they've picked a little bit of the slack up.