Guess Who's No. 3 in Injuries?

HoosierCat

Does Rey M. seem way off since his injury to anyone else? The Bye-Week should help.

Can't hurt, but I think the real issue is that film is piling up on the Bengals' D and teams are seeing they can exploit Rey's hyper-aggressiveness and weakness in coverage. That can be fixed, but again it's another thing that will take time.

Sounds to me like some people here are a bit tetched in the head. You are now going far afield to find reasons to feel terrible about the Bengals. WTF? If the Bengals beat Houston, would you still be wringing your hands about the injury situation? The only significant injury losses we've had so far are Kelly and Odom. Utecht? A career back-up who did nothing for this team last year. Santucci? Chatman? Who cares? Peko hasn't missed a game yet. Rey missed no games. Leonard is back and Andre Smith will soon be playing. Where's the big injury problem? Even Odom going down is a bit overrated. The guy had one sack in the last 4 games. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philly and Atlanta have been hurt worse than the Bengals. I wonder if the fans of those teams are wetting their pants?

Sounds to me like some people here are a bit tetched in the head. You are now going far afield to find reasons to feel terrible about the Bengals. WTF? If the Bengals beat Houston, would you still be wringing your hands about the injury situation? The only significant injury losses we've had so far are Kelly and Odom. Utecht? A career back-up who did nothing for this team last year. Santucci? Chatman? Who cares? Peko hasn't missed a game yet. Rey missed no games. Leonard is back and Andre Smith will soon be playing. Where's the big injury problem? Even Odom going down is a bit overrated. The guy had one sack in the last 4 games. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philly and Atlanta have been hurt worse than the Bengals. I wonder if the fans of those teams are wetting their pants?

Need to break out the annual excuses early, before the team goes on a possible slide.

A perennial "young team" with no real depth in a lot of areas suffers harder from a few injuries than others...which is usually the case here.

I do agree about Odom - he was injured most of last year too from what I recall, nothing new there.

Does Rey M. seem way off since his injury to anyone else? The Bye-Week should help.

I just think we all got caught up in the hype.. Rey M. really hasn't been an impact player. He just fills the spot. I know he's a rookie but man I was hoping for so much more out of Rey. I just don't have the patience to wait 3 years for him to become what I know he will. I want to see it now.

I'm not saying that he's been bad. My expectations are just really high for 58. Hopefully you're right and something is nagging and the bye will help.

I think the point is that we're losing Major roles. Losing Odom is Huge. If we lose one more big role like that this D is really going to be hurting.

I think we're taking the rough with the smooth wrt Rey. The knock on him was that he would freelance at times. Well, he's doing just that. He also hits the snot out of people and adds a physical presence. His rookie yr was always going to be hit and miss but this experience will be huge for us going forward and isn't exactly crippling this team right now.

I can see why Cushing was taken far earlier after watching the Houston game. More NFL ready and a good player who will get better. I still think Rey has way more upside though and Rivers will help him out in future yrs.