Houston game a blackout?

fattyjay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the economy is supposedly turning around here in Cincinnati (for now) but I guess it didn't happen fast enough. Maybe the ticket office can make another deal with Kroger or someone to buy up these remaining tickets? That would be nice. I'd hate to only be able to listen to this on the radio. You'd think we'd be sold out by now considering the 4 game win streak and all.... Oh and how many tickets are left?

Ill be there. But it seems as if there are still thousands available. The opener didnt sell out and I dont see this one selling out either.

Economy sucks..yes - But I have been questioning the fans this year a bit. Even at 4-1 and in first place - we cant get a full stadium. Chicago game sold out because of Chicago fan. Pitt game sold out because of Pitt fan. Denver game didnt sell out and had thousands of tickets bought by corporate.

Kansas City, Houston, Detroit fans dont travel so I dont see those games selling out. Baltimore and Browns game will be iffy.

Hopefully no football on tv for a week will force some people to drink a couple less cases of beer or buy less cigs or order less pizzas to go see their favorite football team play on Sunday.

You cant say they aren't fun to watch.

Now will this be a first? The only time a first place team this far into the season cant sell out and be forced to black out the game.

Its funny. 1500 tix for sale on stubhub and they are getting advertised at higher than face value.

I see a lot of tix not being sold there. Gotta list a lower than face value if the game hasnt sold out yet.

I really hope we fill the stadium and support the players that are giving their all this year.

Step it up 'Nati.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009/10/13/ticket-window-lots-of-seats-left/

From Joe Reedy

With two days remaining until the blackout deadline for Sunday’s game against Houston, it appears that the Bengals have a lot of seats remaining in order to reach a sellout.

According to the ticket office: “Without a significant increase in the pace of ticket sales, the game will not sell out and not be on local TV.”

If the game is blacked out, it would not air in Cincinnati, Dayton and Lexington.

The Bengals are behind the pace of the opener against Denver, which with two days remaining had 5,000 seats available. It appears as if the number is closer to 7,000. While the league anticipated a rise in blackouts this year, only four of 76 games have not been aired in local markets this year (96 percent sellout rate).

The ticket office indicated on Monday that there had been an uptick in sales, but not a significant increase. The Bengals would have to be in range of a sellout in order to get a 24-hour extension from the league to try and avoid a blackout.

If the game does not sell out, it ends a 46-game streak at Paul Brown Stadium. The last Bengals regular-season game to be blacked out was Nov. 9, 2003. The opponent on that date? Housto

Actually this doesn't surprise me in the least and it shouldn't surprise anyone else.

Like I said, I'd be there, but others won't be so inclined to rush right out and buy back into what pissed them off last year. That and there are many even here that can admit this team could just as easily be 0-5 as they could 5-0. With that, people will think it's a matter of time before it all comes crashing down, so why bother ??

You can blame the fans all you want, but we aren't talking about rooting for a yearly contender here and as much as I hate bringing him up (and NO this isn't an open invitation to bitch endlessly) there is no one else to blame than Mike Brown for years of expecting fans to buy into a sh*tty product.

I think it's sad for you local fans and hope they get it all worked out before I become a local fan next year !!!

I live in Florida so the blackout doesn't affect me one bit, but shame on you locals for bitchin year in and year out for them being sucky as why your not going to games, but this team is putting it all on the field this year, regardless of what you think about Mike Brown, the Jungle needs to be rockin! Let these players know they are supported! I go to Bengals games when they come down here and wish I could help rock the house at a home game!

I think it will sell out,though surprising there wasn't a rush on the tickets.people must not be watching the games their 4-1 people ;)

That and there are many even here that can admit this team could just as easily be 0-5

But their not...Myself if I went to a game in person I'd much rather watch close game then a blowout myself...but I don't get that option Oakland is the only game in range I could really travel too. >_<

I think it will sell out,though surprising there wasn't a rush on the tickets.people must not be watching the games their 4-1 people ;)

That and there are many even here that can admit this team could just as easily be 0-5

But their not...Myself if I went to a game in person I'd much rather watch close game then a blowout myself...but I don't get that option Oakland is the only game in range I could really travel too. >_<

Yeah - If I could be a salesman for them I would. The games so far have been a blast. Worth every penny I paid to split season tix with a friend.

Already one of the most memorable seasons I have seen in a long time.

Yeah - If I could be a salesman for them I would. The games so far have been a blast. Worth every penny I paid to split season tix with a friend.

Already one of the most memorable seasons I have seen in a long time.

Ya just being in the crowd when all suddenly carson takes the lead with less then 20 seconds left...I just don't get it okay if the team falls to 4-4 stop buying tickets but until that happens enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

PS,If it does get blacked out though glad I live in Oregon for once :P

I grasp the economy excuse, but I still don't think it's good enough. This fanbase infuriates me sometimes.

Just ordered two tickets.

Well would explain what seems be weak home field advantage,I don't know about everyone else but when I watch a non bengals game always seems twice as noisy as our games...Maybe just how stadium is built :|

Good seats still available for the November game BTW. Just looked this morning and Mt. Davis is cheeaapp. I'm going to that one and, hopefully, the San Diego game in December as well. I will not, however, be sporting the Keith Rivers jersey as the Raiders remain the most jackass of home fans in the league.

I grasp the economy excuse, but I still don't think it's good enough. This fanbase infuriates me sometimes.

Well, before you work yourself in a lather, consider that if all they've got is 7k left, then PBS is what, 85-90% full already? It's not like the stands are going to be empty.

Well, before you work yourself in a lather, consider that if all they've got is 7k left, then PBS is what, 85-90% full already? It's not like the stands are going to be empty.

The more people present, the louder the stadium, the bigger the advantage. There are enough Bengals fans in the Cincinnati area who're financially capable of attending to sell this game out. It appears it won't happen, and that's just disappointing. The fans have the ability to control the variable of homefield advantage at least to the degree of filling the seats and they still don't.

I obviously won't sit in a windowless room and pull all the hair out of my scalp over it. Just sucks.

The more people present, the louder the stadium, the bigger the advantage.

Dude, you won't even notice the difference.