Browns lament passing on Rey?

jjakq27

"Passed over four times by the Browns, Maualuga was taken 38th overall in the second round by the Cincinnati Bengals. Playing a new position, he is fourth on the Bengals with 17 tackles."

/>http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1254472371265240.xml&coll=2

a guy on his way to DROY compared to a receiver who's struggling on the scout team . . . and who doesn't have a quarterback to throw to him. . .

a guy being called a hybrid of ray lewis and troy polamalu or a receiver struggling on the scout team who doesn't have a quarter back to throw him . . .

There really isn't a need to go on.

The general consensus on other teams' board is that they actually did the right thing. He's as dumb as an ox and has had alcohol problems or some such. His statistics be damned. I mean, he's made a couple of errors. You never hear of a rookie doing such a thing. Nah, they made the right choice. When their draft picks stop riding the pine in 2 yrs time and get on the field to put up numbers pretty much on a par with Rey's will have in his rookie season they can shove that up their asses.

A whole lot of trying to make themselves feel better about it but they know they fuct up and I'm so glad that, for once, the Bengals were the ones to get an advantage out of it.

Enjoy Larry English San Diego. Stay classy.

The general consensus on other teams' board is that they actually did the right thing. He's as dumb as an ox and has had alcohol problems or some such. His statistics be damned. I mean, he's made a couple of errors. You never hear of a rookie doing such a thing. Nah, they made the right choice. When their draft picks stop riding the pine in 2 yrs time and get on the field to put up numbers pretty much on a par with Rey's will have in his rookie season they can shove that up their asses.

A whole lot of trying to make themselves feel better about it but they know they fuct up and I'm so glad that, for once, the Bengals were the ones to get an advantage out of it.

I look forward to reminding them of all you've just said twice a year. And by them I mean the browns.

Also was Robiske's dad on their staff? Or is still on their staff?

PS: Pidgey I gotta tell you that I just love your signature picture. I laugh every time I see it.

a guy on his way to DROY compared to a receiver who's struggling on the scout team . . . and who doesn't have a quarterback to throw to him. . .

a guy being called a hybrid of ray lewis and troy polamalu or a receiver struggling on the scout team who doesn't have a quarter back to throw him . . .

There really isn't a need to go on.

Just a tad early for the HOF predictions I think.

PS: Pidgey I gotta tell you that I just love your signature picture. I laugh every time I see it.

I think he was until a couple of yrs back. He's a coach with the Falcons right now I believe. About the sig, glad it brings a smile. Encapsulates everything my rugby team is about. Nobody likes us, we're tiny with a small fan base and a nomadic existence bouncing from one home to the next and we don't care. Now get out of the way whilst we win yet another title.

I think he was until a couple of yrs back. He's a coach with the Falcons right now I believe. About the sig, glad it brings a smile. Encapsulates everything my rugby team is about. Nobody likes us, we're tiny with a small fan base and a nomadic existence bouncing from one home to the next and we don't care. Now get out of the way whilst we win yet another title.

It's what I would love to do to certain people throughout my day when necessary or deserved. Good stuff!

To their defense English was a Defensive End and a possible replacement for Lights Switch...where Maualuga more likely would have played inside in SD....

PS,I'm sure alot of teams regret not taking Rey who current out preforming all other linebackers (Cushing is doing good but ill take turnovers instead of few more tackles...That and had already drafted one player with moobs.)

To their defense English was a Defensive End and a possible replacement for Lights Switch...where Maualuga more likely would have played inside in SD

Indeed, and a good move by the FO considering what's happened with Needles Out over there. No idea as to how Rey would have gone in a different system and team of course but going by one Chargers forum I happened upon, erm, they were basically saying Rey was garbage and a liability. I'm not saying he's anywhere near perfect and yeah, he'll go AWOL from time to time but I think that the above judgement is so far wrong as to indicate a healthy dose of intellectual dishonesty amongst some of the posters borne out of an understandable f**k it, he was right there attitude.

Well, it's that or said posters are f**king idiots who have no business posting about football until they can assimilate what they're actually watching out there on the field.

To their defense English was a Defensive End and a possible replacement for Lights Switch...where Maualuga more likely would have played inside in SD

Indeed, and a good move by the FO considering what's happened with Needles Out over there. No idea as to how Rey would have gone in a different system and team of course but going by one Chargers forum I happened upon, erm, they were basically saying Rey was garbage and a liability. I'm not saying he's anywhere near perfect and yeah, he'll go AWOL from time to time but I think that the above judgement is so far wrong as to indicate a healthy dose of intellectual dishonesty amongst some of the posters borne out of an understandable f**k it, he was right there attitude.

Well, it's that or said posters are f**king idiots who have no business posting about football until they can assimilate what they're actually watching out there on the field.

It's interesting that the Chargers' are talking all this trash about Rey, when the general consensus around the league was the same for Junior Seau.

Oh look, the Canes are getting hosed on calls because we dare to be beating Oklahoma. /angry face

What, you didn't like that whole raping the punter call? Oscar-level acting, you have to admit.

He should play soccer with those skillz. The good guys (well the good-bad guys) came out on top in the end. B)

It's interesting that the Chargers' are talking all this trash about Rey, when the general consensus around the league was the same for Junior Seau.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully Rey develops into a comparable player over the next few yrs. I'd even take a Lofa Tatupu clone tbh.

I really like the things that he was saying in the interview...Of course the Browns are sorry that they didn't pick RMauluga. but you just can't come out and admit that seeing that BRobiske might have been his call...The way that he has picked up playing a new position in a 4-3, I think he would be able to play at least 3 positions in a 3-4...

Where were they doing this at?

Agree about Cushing. Nice tackle numbers and he's on a bit of a s**tty team overall. The moobs thing - how the hell does a pro athlete have bitch tits?

Andre being 350 lbs okay...250 lb cushing it's like damn lol but then again I knew guy who was 6'2 170 still had bitch tits.

I think if you reflect back on the draft it is unfair to say who should have picked who. How many people are kicking themselves for passing on Desean Jackson. What about every team in the league that passed on Tom Brady. Hell we passed on him when we had Akili under center. The scouting departments in the NFL focus way to much on combine numbers and test scores and not enough on game film.