Rey Maualuga

icehole3

Honestly, most of those picks made sense for the other teams. While I still think they are crazy for passing on him you can't fault them for taking who they took.

Curry and Cushing were workout warriors who had very few flaws in their game. Orakpo was a freak who was brought in to help the pass rush that was hurting in Washington. Rey wouldn't have helped them in that category as much as Orakpo based on their college resume. Larry English is a Merriman clone who they brought in so they had insurance in case he was still hurt or leaves via free agency. Clay Matthews was a workout warrior and combine stud with an NFL pedigree which is why he got drafted so high. Spagnuolo is a very disciplined coach and I think he thought Rey was to crazy and unpredictable to lead his defense. Don't forget Rey was a top 15 pick had he come out a year early. I don't think I will ever forget that moment at the draft. The Broncos I believe had just traded up ahead of us and I was like "f**k, we lost him" and then they took some CB I believe. I remember thinking we better pick Rey and when we did I let out the biggest yell of my life. Looking back at the draft, outside the teams that drafted LB's noone else had THAT big of a need that they needed to take him off the board, so pretty much we got lucky!

Honestly, most of those picks made sense for the other teams. While I still think they are crazy for passing on him you can't fault them for taking who they took.

Curry and Cushing were workout warriors who had very few flaws in their game. Orakpo was a freak who was brought in to help the pass rush that was hurting in Washington. Rey wouldn't have helped them in that category as much as Orakpo based on their college resume. Larry English is a Merriman clone who they brought in so they had insurance in case he was still hurt or leaves via free agency. Clay Matthews was a workout warrior and combine stud with an NFL pedigree which is why he got drafted so high. Spagnuolo is a very disciplined coach and I think he thought Rey was to crazy and unpredictable to lead his defense. Don't forget Rey was a top 15 pick had he come out a year early. I don't think I will ever forget that moment at the draft. The Broncos I believe had just traded up ahead of us and I was like "f**k, we lost him" and then they took some CB I believe. I remember thinking we better pick Rey and when we did I let out the biggest yell of my life. Looking back at the draft, outside the teams that drafted LB's noone else had THAT big of a need that they needed to take him off the board, so pretty much we got lucky!

...and then there is the regret and pain felt by Browns fans. Here's a 7 page thread dedicated to why and how they didn't take Rey.

/>http://brownschat.clevelandbrowns.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4731011/m/873106262

I still can't believe we got Rey in the 2nd.. It's mind boggling. But I do agree with Next_Season, most teams made the picks that made sense for them. We got lucky. Like I said, he was my # 1. I told everyone that he was going to be a beast and everyone acted like he was overrated. They asked how closely I follow USC and said Rey is not as good as the media portrays him... If I could do it again, I would've took Rey in the 1st and a O-lineman in the 2nd.

Thanks for the video clip, that sack was awesome. I can't wait to see more from him and Rivers.

...and then there is the regret and pain felt by Browns fans. Here's a 7 page thread dedicated to why and how they didn't take Rey.

http://brownschat.cl...011/m/873106262

Ha! That thread makes my day :P

http://brownschat.cl...011/m/873106262

Ha! That thread makes my day :P

Yeah, they sound like a bunch of people spewing back all the analyst's crap prior to the draft, but have failed to watch what he has done to this point. God knows an impact player at a position of need sucks right ?? While I like what they did with Mack, you can't make the argument that a WR is going to be a greater impact on that team than Rey would have been.

The part I liked seeing ?? How they think they will have many years to regret them passing on Rey. Lets hope so !!!

Two games in I'd say Rey Maulaluga is best described as being...."as advertised"....which is outstanding news for Bengal fans. Best, he's been everything we were all hoping for immediately....with no waiting required.

C'mon Hair, where's your sensitivity? Browns fans are suffering. Their #1 QB is not as good as their #2 and they've got a lot of money and a #1 pick tied up in him. At best their new head coach is a wash compared to the one he replaced. Their #1 WR drops as many as he catches. They're wasting all kinds of money on Steinbach. They've got big problems up on the Lake and you don't shed a tear???

I've heard all the criticisms about Rey, and they were almost identical to what was said about the Chargers selecting Junior Seau:

"Wild and undisciplined."

"Liability in pass coverage."

"Not smart enough to call the defense as a middle linebacker."

"Anger management problems."

Like Junior and the Chargers, I think Rey and the Bengals will have the last laugh for the next several seasons.