What if Johnson is too fat and nasty?

Clackwoods

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which FB would you rather have starting Day 1?

• A slim and healthy Johnson
    • Lorenzo Neal
    • Daniel Coats

I love Lorenzo Neal as a fullback, always have. He proved last season he can still play. What are your thought on bringing him in for a look? A little insurance if Johnson doesn't keep his s**t together. He is a better option than having Coats bumble through it again.

http://profootballta...e-all-pro-neal/

Johnson's issue may turn ou to be his knee more than his weight.

Pressley has the chops and the brains to get it done. Want to see him catch a screen.

Neal will be snatched up by someone with a focus on running a 2 back set. I don't think he will lad here but it would not be a bad thing if he did, though he is limited expressly to blocking.

It is frsutrating to see Johnson come into shape 16lbs overweight and truly behind in conditioning. unprofessional.

One thing Hard Knocks makes clear...it's not a level competition. Rather, it's still Johnson's job if he wants it badly enough.

That's driving me crazy. Jeremi Johnson looks like sh*t. His blocks look like crap, and he's sucking wind like a pear-shaped man climbing a set of stairs.

On the other hand, Pressley (for instance) has been in the right place, makes solid blocks, is smart as hell, is in good shape, and is hungry to play football.

The coaches have prattled on about JJ being a vet, having played in the league. Sure, but it's not like the guy has rings or anything. Really, all it means is you have to pay him the vet minimum. And he clearly didn't bother getting in shape. Ditch him for a kid who wants the job.

To me, if you want youth and talent, you ditch JJ. If you want a wiley vet who knows how to block...well, that would indeed be Neal. I'd go with one of the kids myself, but JJ probably wouldn't be in the mix at all.

One thing Hard Knocks makes clear...it's not a level competition. Rather, it's still Johnson's job if he wants it badly enough.

That's driving me crazy. Jeremi Johnson looks like sh*t. His blocks look like crap, and he's sucking wind like a pear-shaped man climbing a set of stairs.

On the other hand, Pressley (for instance) has been in the right place, makes solid blocks, is smart as hell, is in good shape, and is hungry to play football.

The coaches have prattled on about JJ being a vet, having played in the league. Sure, but it's not like the guy has rings or anything. Really, all it means is you have to pay him the vet minimum. And he clearly didn't bother getting in shape. Ditch him for a kid who wants the job.

To me, if you want youth and talent, you ditch JJ. If you want a wiley vet who knows how to block...well, that would indeed be Neal. I'd go with one of the kids myself, but JJ probably wouldn't be in the mix at all.

Amen.

This reaks of SoP blind loyalty and sympathy.

I thought this was the team that only cut because of ability? Hmmm...

Send AYCE Johnson home

Go with young, hungry, and physical - Fui

I like Fui a lot too... but it seems like he might need a year. He was a RB in college, so he still has a lot to learn about being a blocking FB.

I'm not terribly happy with JJ either, but he does possess the skills to do the job well. He just needs a kick in the ass. If he can give them one more year while they groom Fui, that'd be fine with me.

Depends if Fui is Healthy

but if Johnson doesn't get in football shape I'd go in thiso rder...

Pressley>JJ>Oneal>Coats (we probably keep 2 fullbacks anyways cause of the mess at TE)

What about Harrington? I hear he is versatile. Can play TE or DE. And Mike Brown likes the guy.

I think it boils down to this. Even when disguised as a fat tub of goo JJ can still move the pile better than Pressley ever will. And while Fui can blast away like a true blockhead he can't match JJ's knowledge of the Bengals offense, or more importantly....where to be when pass blocking for Palmer.

I think it boils down to this. Even when disguised as a fat tub of goo JJ can still move the pile better than Pressley ever will. And while Fui can blast away like a true blockhead he can't match JJ's knowledge of the Bengals offense, or more importantly....where to be when pass blocking for Palmer.

I would agree if we were getting JJ from a few years ago, but at this point, I question his ability to get into football shape. Based on what I've seen, I also have to question how well he really moves that pile. And knowing where to be in pass blocking is good, but if you can't get your fat ass in place in time, the result's the same.

Bottom line is, right now there's no way he can be effective for more than a couple plays in a row. I do hope he gets in shape, because 1) I agree that JJ in playing shape is a danged good fullback, and 2) I believe he's the only guy from my alma mater in the NFL.

Hope that fat b*stard has a couple more gallons in the tank, but I guess we'll see.

I just don't understand why it is so hard for this guy. Does he need a diet coach or something. He has been close to getting the axe the last couple of seasons. One of these years, it just might happen.

Personally I like the guy but having guys that come into the season unprepared hurts your team. Maybe if they would have gotten the guy that went to Minnesota (Tahi) he would have been gone already. But at this point he must be the only option which ain't saying much.