Favre a Viking

Ickey44

TO START: I really think Brett should have retired as a Packer and think he was/is one of (if not THE) best QB ever.

That being said, I actually listened to his press conference yesterday and when asked what he thought about people that were getting sick of him not being able to make up his mind, he simply said, "Don't watch". I found that response pretty amusing personally and after listening to him talk, if he still has the desire to play and a team is willing to have him, why not ?? I don't have to agree wholeheartedly, but he said something else that I found intriguing. He was asked what he thought about people saying he was ruining his legacy as a QB. He responded by saying, "It's mine" and basically what he did was on him and no one else. I can respect that.

Now, what I hate, as eluded to by Hoosier, is that all the media talks about is Favre. You can't turn on a sports show without hearing about it nonstop. That's what I could do without for this whole football season, but I know it won't be that way.

I stayed glued to the tube last year when he went to New York, but this is kind of like a rerun I don't want to watch. Unlike everyone in here I am glad that he is coming back, even if it is for the Packers. In twenty years noone will even remember that he played these years after Green Bay. Anytime a legend of the game wants to lace it up I am all for it. I loved it when MJ came back and did his thing in Washington, he averaged 25 points a game at 40 years old. Yea, he definatly needs to stop flip flopping, but s**t he is getting paid 12 million for at the most 24 weeks of work, he is smart as hell.

I think I sniff some jealousy. Heres a guy going to make more in the next six months than most of us would make in a lifetime.

I think I sniff some jealousy. Heres a guy going to make more in the next six months than most of us would make in a lifetime.

Wrong. Every player in the NFL will make more in 6 months than I will in my lifetime and I don't hate them all. I hate the idiots that ruin the game, like Favre is ruining it right now. Like Plaxico, Thurman, and Vick.

I'm not jealous of anyone.

Ron Mexico, ruining the "GAME" ?? You mean little old Brett Favre is doing that all by his lonesone ??

You can hate him all you want and I won't give you any grief, but that's a bit over the top. Anger sucks sometimes...

There are some people that are simply Brett Favre fans and then there are those that are Packers fans. People will choose sides and in my opinion, neither of them are really wrong. They were talking about this the other day and should Packers fans BOO Favre when he comes back to play in Green Bay. Some said no, that they should respect what he did as a Packer and some said yes, he has it coming.

I think it's both. You can applaud him when he comes out and show some love for what he did in fact do for that franchise, but when the game starts, he deserves to be booed the sh*t out of, because he is now the QB of your hated rivals that are trying to hand the team you love a loss. To simply say a fan can no longer recognize what he has done for the game of football and Green Bay as a whole, is just silly in my opinion as a sports fan.

It's the way he's handled things that sucks. I hardly think he's a douchebag on a personal level but he doesn't have a career in PR waiting for him when he does, if ever, finally hang up his boots.

I actually think had he stayed at the Packers last yr he'd have a real shot at going back to the SB. That's what makes it all a little confuddling.

I'll be at the Vikings game this year in Minneapolis, so I will be happy to see him add to his INT record in a loss to our Bengals !!!

AS TO THE RECORD U BLATHER ON ABOUT BUNGLES CHUMP.(note Esiason)

It comes down to passes thrown. Here are stats for you to show truth behind record. Favre throws a int every 29.9235 attempts. Blanda threw a int once every 14.465 attempts. Blanda would have 2 TIMES more than Favre at this rateHere are how many passes it would take to throw an INT for some QBS who would have more INTS than Favre if they threw as much. Fouts(23.157), Moon(29.293), Baugh(14.753),Testerverde(25.097), Tarkenton(24.312)(shut ur mouth Fran you never won it for the VIkes), Unitas(20.498), Tittle(17.721), Namath(17.100), Bradshaw(18.576),Esiason(28.288), Kelly(27.308), Mr Efficent Bob Griese(19.930). All had worse INT/Att ratios.

I'll be at the Vikings game this year in Minneapolis, so I will be happy to see him add to his INT record in a loss to our Bengals !!!

It comes down to passes thrown. Here are stats for you to show truth behind record. Favre throws a int every 29.9235 attempts. Blanda threw a int once every 14.465 attempts. Blanda would have 2 TIMES more than Favre at this rateHere are how many passes it would take to throw an INT for some QBS who would have more INTS than Favre if they threw as much. Fouts(23.157), Moon(29.293), Baugh(14.753),Testerverde(25.097), Tarkenton(24.312)(shut ur mouth Fran you never won it for the VIkes), Unitas(20.498), Tittle(17.721), Namath(17.100), Bradshaw(18.576),Esiason(28.288), Kelly(27.308), Mr Efficent Bob Griese(19.930). All had worse INT/Att ratios.

Get a life.

Get a life.

Excellent comeback to actual facts. I just love to hear such well thought out answers. GO BUNGLES.

Here's a fact. Brett Favre forced a trade out of Green Bay because he didn't want to play there anymore. He then forced the Jets to cut him because he didn't want to play there anymore. He signed with the Vikings so he could stick it to the Packers. And here's you, a moronic Packers fan, defending the douche. That makes you a loser.

I don't know what the question was, but there's a well thought out answer.

Where to start with this ??

Ok, you start your post by calling me a chump and claim I'm "blathering" on about Favre's INT record right ?? Then you go on and on about something that no one else was even concerned about. You do understand the word "blather" right ?? Seems there is only one blathering chump on this thread. You. After all of your in depth analysis, do you know what you end up with ?? That's right smart guy. Brett Favre still holds the record for the most INT's ever thrown by a QB in the history of the NFL. All the other stats ?? Completely beside the point. Why ?? Because it's like saying if my Grandpa would have lived until he was 150, he would have been the oldest guy ever. Guess what though ?? He didn't and he wasn't.

Maybe you also missed the other posts I made about how I think Favre should have retired a Packer and that I also think he is one of, if not THE, best QB in history. Check that out, it's good stuff.

So here you are Mr. Pack fan blathering about, but I have a question for you. Are you one of the "true Packers fans" like Favre said that understands his decision or are you one of the "true Packers fans" that now holds him in contempt ?? I was always of the mindset that there were so many Packers fans simply because many people loved Favre. I actually find it all pretty amusing. There are people here in Sioux Falls that have mini shrines to Favre that have been burning his things. Dead serious...

Welcome to the site.

Alright, John Elway smokes your boy, with an int every 32.08, as does Montana 38.78, Carson Palmer 32.31, Jeff Garcia 44.29, Drew Bledsoe 32.61, Patriot great Tony Eason 30.67, and the actual greatest quarterback in history Dan Marino at 33.17. Oh, and for your information, Peyton Manning comes in at 36.12. So, since you've argued Favre (I assume since you really didn't even state an argument before you went all stat-geek) is better than all those on your list due to this ONE stat, I argue all of the above, including Garcia and Eason, are FAR better than Favre based on YOUR one stat.

And you got the frickin' nerve to go Blanda, Baugh and Tittle on here. And as far as Tarkenton is concerned, he led the Vikes to four Super Bowls--exactly four more than Favre has (Mr. 1-4 I Can't Hold Up My Shoulder). I think he can talk all he wants.

And you got the frickin' nerve to go Blanda, Baugh and Tittle on here. And as far as Tarkenton is concerned, he led the Vikes to four Super Bowls--exactly four more than Favre has (Mr. 1-4 I Can't Hold Up My Shoulder). I think he can talk all he wants.

Wow. Psycho my argument wasn't about best QB's or anything nutjob. It was that the INT record Favre has is beaten to death and that in reality he only has it because he has thrown alot. And I dont get the TArkenton part of your statement. Anyone esle get it. Favre has been to 2 SB's and won ONE(1-1) Also Tarkenton went to 3 SB's(0-3). Does this guy have any of his facts right. PSYCHO!!! Sorry about the BEngals being ur team. Id be crazy too.

Another interesting stat did u know that the vikings hold record for FEWEST PTS in 1ST half of SB with ZERO. And they had ZERO at Half in all 4 SB appearances. Fran the man at helm for 3 of them LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Well, then, by your logic then only reason Favre has the most TD passes is because he's thrown it so much, which also makes him look......NOT SO GOOD.

As for the Fran Tarkenton comment, he said that Fran had taken the VIKINGS to four more Superbowls than Favre has. The reason that statement is true is because Favre hasn't taken the Vikings to any Superbowls, only the Packers, whom he spurned the minute they didn't dance to his tune.

As an aside, I find it really pathetic that someone who claims to be a Packer fan is defending Favre at all. It must really suck to have no dignity or pride.

Wow. Psycho my argument wasn't about best QB's or anything nutjob. It was that the INT record Favre has is beaten to death and that in reality he only has it because he has thrown alot. And I dont get the TArkenton part of your statement. Anyone esle get it. Favre has been to 2 SB's and won ONE(1-1) Also Tarkenton went to 3 SB's(0-3). Does this guy have any of his facts right. PSYCHO!!! Sorry about the BEngals being ur team. Id be crazy too.

Another interesting stat did u know that the vikings hold record for FEWEST PTS in 1ST half of SB with ZERO. And they had ZERO at Half in all 4 SB appearances. Fran the man at helm for 3 of them LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Again, like 2 retards on the playground arguing over who is more retarded.

And while the two retards argue for playground bragging rights your mother slips silently onto the grounds, plucks your butt from the teeter totter, and promptly ships you off to military school.

BTW, a grateful nation thanks you for your service.

Yeah, the Bears are looking good so far....

lol @ Bengals fans making fun of ANY other team this side of the Lions.

Again, like 2 retards on the playground arguing over who is more retarded.

Well, retards is something I'm sure you're familiar with. Your family must be full of them.

I'd like you point out anywhere that I made fun of any other team here. I made fun of Favre, but that's it.