Shayne does not equal Money

rwjcgc

I'll see if I can come up with something bad to say about Ocho or the Brown family. That is more acceptable on this site.

Ocho Noshow and the Brown family have a history of failures that invite criticism. Shane doesn't. Shane does his job well and in a professional manner. Noshow and Mikey don't. Hardly a logical comparison.

shayne has been very inconsistent to start this season, he missed 2 30+ yards in the simulated game and shanked another in the preseason game. then he is not happy with his current contract. as with any business, if a employee does not think he is getting his just deserves, you will get nothing but half effort and a poor attitude. i think we should bring in another kicker to show shayne just how replaceable he is. nothing lights a fire under you butt like someone trying to take your job. remember shayne was a street free agent when we signed him. so the next guy could be just as good if not better.

shayne has been very inconsistent to start this season, he missed 2 30+ yards in the simulated game and shanked another in the preseason game. then he is not happy with his current contract. as with any business, if a employee does not think he is getting his just deserves, you will get nothing but half effort and a poor attitude. i think we should bring in another kicker to show shayne just how replaceable he is. nothing lights a fire under you butt like someone trying to take your job. remember shayne was a street free agent when we signed him. so the next guy could be just as good if not better.

Competition is always healthy.

Dude seriously, your first post contained no humor whatsoever. If it was suppose to, I think you should go back and relook what you think "humor" means. It's sort of like someone calling you a f*cking idiot and then getting upset because you didn't find the humor in it. You can blast away at any player you choose to, there are no "off limit" type things here, but when people disagree they are going to call you out. Not only that, you went directly AT another poster here. Deal with it.

Personally, I think Shayne's kickoffs looked short again. I know that was something he worked hard on to improve, but from what little I saw, it looked like he was having problems there again. However, like many have already stated, it's the first preseason game of the year and there is plenty of time to rectify what problems there are. There was a missed "can't miss" FG by the Saints kicker as well. It happens. Better now than the regular season.

I have obviously treaded on hallowed ground by daring to bring up any shortcomings with the kicking game. I had no idea

that a little banter with BengalSis is off limits. It was all meant in fun. I'm sure anyone that publicly announces

they are related to a professional player takes some good natured ribbing based on their performance.

I'll see if I can come up with something bad to say about Ocho or the Brown family. That is more acceptable on this site.

:angry:

One would hope they are at least exploring that possibility

Makes more sense than the Shirley-You-Jest move to OG, and they are trying that

Maybe Tab Perry could kick off for us......hmmm......

Hell yeah, he dominated the move to safety after all. Pity Goodell banned him from playing there due to him being too awesome.

One would hope they are at least exploring that possibility

Makes more sense than the Shirley-You-Jest move to OG, and they are trying that

Maybe Tab Perry could kick off for us......hmmm......

Hell yeah, he dominated the move to safety after all. Pity Goodell banned him from playing there due to him being too awesome.

I don't remember Perry being moved to safety. When did that happen?

shayne has been very inconsistent to start this season, he missed 2 30+ yards in the simulated game and shanked another in the preseason game.

Beat me to it, and yeah....it's troubling enough to have gotten my attention. And yours too.

as with any business, if a employee does not think he is getting his just deserves, you will get nothing but half effort and a poor attitude.

Perhaps, but long before his contract squabbles Opie shanked a 37-yarder that would have put the Bengals in the playoffs. So maybe the money isn't really the problem, ehh?

i think we should bring in another kicker to show shayne just how replaceable he is.

But there's the rub because, unless he keeps missing 'em, Shayne is obviously better than any other available option.

My big complaint was that Shayne's kickoffs never made it inside the 5 yard line. Then he worked at it all offseason and he was kicking them into the endzone. Then he injured his groin. I would be curious as to what his accuracy percentage and distance percentage have been since the injury.

As far as calling out a family member about it though... kind of lame on quite a few levels.