What if Cedric fails???

Clackwoods

I was looking into our RB situation and I noticed how sick to my stomach I would get if something happened to Benson. A good idea would be to trade for a established veteran if this were to happen. Two names that come to mind

Edge and Thomas Jones and it appears the Jets are willing to trade Thomas. I am sure we could give up a fifth rounder to rent him for a season. What do you think?

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/12/jets-up-their-offer-to-leon-washington/

I was looking into our RB situation and I noticed how sick to my stomach I would get if something happened to Benson. A good idea would be to trade for a established veteran if this were to happen. Two names that come to mind

Edge and Thomas Jones and it appears the Jets are willing to trade Thomas. I am sure we could give up a fifth rounder to rent him for a season. What do you think?

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/12/jets-up-their-offer-to-leon-washington/

I really don't see Ced failing. He did very well last year considering who he was running behind. Secondly, I think there's plenty of talent behind him in the event that he does go down. Leonard, Scott, and Dorsey are all talented and could share the load if necessary.

Benson will be fine I think but I liked Leonard coming out of Rutgers anyway so I might be biased. I'd be comfortable enough with him and the rookie, whose name escapes me right now (sorry TJ), holding down the fort (picking up AN Other if needs be for depth) until Benson returned.

Alexander would love to come to Cincinnati and most wouldn't mind having him if Cedric went down and there wasn't a clear cut #2 to step into the role.

Having him on the roster would be fine with me.

I doubt Alexander has much left in the tank. Our line isn't good enough to open the kind of holes he'd need to gain even a yard. He's done. I honestly think we're fine with what we've got. It's been awhile since we've been this deep at RB.