I'm sweating the elbow

walzav29

It's my understanding that ligaments heal very slowly because they are always under tension and usually don't get enough true rest to start to actually heal. I also think that a full tear does require surgery every time... but that a partial tear can in fact heal on it's own if given enough time and proper circumstances.

I'm not 100% on that... but I had surgery on my knee several years ago for several damaged ligaments. I remember the doctor telling me that he had to replace the ACL, but that some others were optional because technically they could heal.

Has anyone heard of ligaments and tendons healing on their own? Name the last torn ACL that healed with rest? I am no doctor, so I don't know. I'm just hoping that after 2 games Palmer has to go down for the season. Someone tell me it will be alright.

Why are you hoping that he'll go down after 2 games?

It's my understanding that ligaments heal very slowly because they are always under tension and usually don't get enough true rest to start to actually heal. I also think that a full tear does require surgery every time... but that a partial tear can in fact heal on it's own if given enough time and proper circumstances.

I'm not 100% on that... but I had surgery on my knee several years ago for several damaged ligaments. I remember the doctor telling me that he had to replace the ACL, but that some others were optional because technically they could heal.

Yep, I injured my knee badly playing Rugby. I was young enough that the doc said he could operate on the MCL and leave the ACL alone. The real bastard was having to have the kneecap shaved though. Poor blood supply also slows the healing process down horribly.

Having said that, with all the expert and focused medical attention he receives daily as a pro athlete he'll be in a better position to heal up more quickly than would otherwise be the case. I'll take a Carson at 80%over a Jordan at 100% anyway.

The elbow is something to keep an eye on, but I think if the team or Carson thought he needed to have the surgery he would have had it. Damn I hope so.

Holy Smokes! I didn't meant that. What I meant was I hope that after 2 games his elbow doesn't act up and cause him to miss time. See? I'm rattled.

PUT......THE......COFFEE....DOOOOWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!

Tracy Jones and Dave Lapham on 700WLW said today that a certain doctor said Palmer's elbow will not make it through their season. I do not believe ligaments heal on their own and what doctor were they talking about? Should he have had Tommy John surgery?

Any one know anything?

Thanks