Looks like he CAN run after all - from taxes

TJJackson

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090702/SPT02/307020077/1066/SPT02/Warrant+issued+for+ex-Bengal

A warrant was issued for former Bengals running back Chris Perry for failure to pay back-taxes.

Perry lived in the 1700 block of Woodruff Lane, according to court documents. He now owes the city of Wyoming thousands of dollars of taxes from 2006 and 2007.

Police have not released exactly how much he owes.

He was supposed to be in court June 17, but failed to show. His warrant was then issued. Perry had been in court April 22 but it is unclear what happened on that date.

“He was not there on the 17th when he was required to be," Wyoming police Lt. Rusty Herzog said.

If arrested, Perry will be issued a $15,000 bond.

It is not clear if Perry still lives in Wyoming, police said. His house on Woodruff has been for sale since January, according to Comey Shepherd real estate listings.

Perry was the Bengals’ top pick in 2004. He was let go by the team in April.

well, I wasn't trying anything funny like trying to earn a penny a hit for everyone clickin that link or anything :-)

I know you weren't, I was just trying to make it more friendly. Sorry if I'm taking money out of your kids college fund !!!

Perry claims that he was heading Wyoming city building to pay the taxes, but fumbled the check and was unable to recover it.

And while in the process of trying to recover it, broke both of his ankles at the same time !!!

well, I wasn't trying anything funny like trying to earn a penny a hit for everyone clickin that link or anything :-)

Dude...that was cold.

It's the offseason....material is thin.....ya take what you can :-)

Heck, we're all following the ongoing saga of how Bearcat likes to pretend he is a mom. yeah, it's gotten that bad.

Dude...that was cold.

Heck, we're all following the ongoing saga of how Bearcat likes to pretend he is a mom. yeah, it's gotten that bad.

Oh I understand. The way poor BC has been smacked around lately, I'm not complaining.

Where's that Bernard Scott thread, by the way...

• Like 1

Heck, we're all following the ongoing saga of how Bearcat likes to pretend he is a mom.

The ongoing "Bearcat wants to be a mommy" diversion is simply a guilty pleasure I'm working until something in the form of actual Bengal news hits the wire.

And speaking of that, what's it been....about three weeks since the last announcement of a draft pick being signed?

Heck, we're all following the ongoing saga of how Bearcat likes to pretend he is a mom.

The ongoing "Bearcat wants to be a mommy" diversion is simply a guilty pleasure I'm working until something in the form of actual Bengal news hits the wire.

And speaking of that, what's it been....about three weeks since the last announcement of a draft pick being signed?

For the Bengals they should be starting it back up here soon and oddly enough A. Smith's name is the one that keeps coming up based on his statement about wanting to be in camp when it starts. Of course he's going to say that, but it is what it is. The only news we have at this time.

I called the Wyoming City Admins and told them they should start looking for him at the trainers room at PBS

Oh, yeah, i know he's been released - but it's been like a second home to him, so I figure if he aint at his real home they might start there

Make sure they also know they can find him playing for one of the heretofore unnamed UFL teams in an undisclosed city, with his coach, Coach X and a quarterback maybe to be named later.

Yes... Had it come at any other time of the year, the humiliation of Bearcat would have lasted about one day at best. Actual Bengal news would have filtered in, and we would all move to discussing issues at hand rather than waste time making fun of a loser, no matter how much he might have it coming.

Which is exactly why I think the timing was perfect. Sure, it's old news by now... but it's newer than anything else going. And on top of that, it's f**king hilarious. Let the good times roll.

For the Bengals they should be starting it back up here soon....

I'm not complaining, but the lack of any signing for three weeks or so seems odd. They were pretty quick to make a few late round signings after other teams had determined the percent salaries would increase from last years contracts, but since then other teams have managed to establish the slot price for earlier rounds, including a fairly substantial number of 3rd rounders.

...oddly enough A. Smith's name is the one that keeps coming up based on his statement about wanting to be in camp when it starts.

I like his attitude, but I'm pretty sure the NFLPA won't allow a player to participate unless he's under contract....even if that player has purchased his own insurance. At best I think they're allowed to attend meetings and film study, but I'm not even certain about that. That said, both sides are saying the right things and even if it feels like the Bengals SHOULD be moving quicker I remind myself that this is still earlier than they've moved in the past.

For the Bengals they should be starting it back up here soon....

I'm not complaining, but the lack of any signing for three weeks or so seems odd. They were pretty quick to make a few late round signings after other teams had determined the percent salaries would increase from last years contracts, but since then other teams have managed to establish the slot price for earlier rounds, including a fairly substantial number of 3rd rounders.

...oddly enough A. Smith's name is the one that keeps coming up based on his statement about wanting to be in camp when it starts.

I like his attitude, but I'm pretty sure the NFLPA won't allow a player to participate unless he's under contract....even if that player has purchased his own insurance. At best I think they're allowed to attend meetings and film study, but I'm not even certain about that. That said, both sides are saying the right things and even if it feels like the Bengals SHOULD be moving quicker I remind myself that this is still earlier than they've moved in the past.

I'm not complaining either, but I do agree that it would be nice to see them continue the trend they started prior to the holiday with the signings. I guess we should just be happy because we usually don't even see that. So yeah !?!?