Anyone follow European soccer?

AGrizzlyBaer

In the last couple years I've really gotten into following specifically the English premier league, and Liverpool. I was wondering if anyone else followed the game? I also know we have a few posters from across the pond. Just curious if you guys follow it as much you follow the bengals.

I love soccer and have played since I was about 5. I enjoy watching the games, but only follow it modestly. I'm not up to speed with the players or keeping up the way I do with football, but I do enjoy it. On a side note, how the hell does the US team go up on Brazil 2-0 in the Final and lose the freakin' game 3-2 ?? Good teams don't blow 2-0 leads at that level, but I will give them credit for beating Spain and getting to the finals. They should have won that game though.

For those that hate the game due to it's slow pace, yesterdays game was the game to watch. 5 goals at that level of play ?? Unheard of.

I guess that's why many people don't like it...

I follow Premiere League to the extent that I'll watch and root for Arsenal or Chelsea, while rooting for anyone against Man. U. It's better than most of the other European offerings, in my opinion.

Anyone that dislikes Man U is good man in my eyes.

I love soccer and have played since I was about 5. I enjoy watching the games, but only follow it modestly. I'm not up to speed with the players or keeping up the way I do with football, but I do enjoy it. On a side note, how the hell does the US team go up on Brazil 2-0 in the Final and lose the freakin' game 3-2 ?? Good teams don't blow 2-0 leads at that level, but I will give them credit for beating Spain and getting to the finals. They should have won that game though.

For those that hate the game due to it's slow pace, yesterdays game was the game to watch. 5 goals at that level of play ?? Unheard of.

It was a real shame too... I was cheering when I saw Donovan score the second goal. Hopefully US soccer can take these games and actually make some noise in the world cup.

It was a real shame too... I was cheering when I saw Donovan score the second goal. Hopefully US soccer can take these games and actually make some noise in the world cup.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for as well. It would be nice to see the Men's team have a good showing in the World Cup. I think teams will be less likely to overlook the lowly Americans this time around though. It should be fun to watch...

Obviously "soccer" is our mainstay of sport over here, although the SPL (Scottish Premier League) is of a relatively poor standard compared to other Leagues.

The English Premier League is superb on the other hand with a fast pace (usually) and passion, whereas the continental (Italian, Spanish, French) style is very slow paced. The German Bundesliga is more akin to the British style of play.

I grew up in England and my local team was Bristol Rovers although they have never been too successful or had any regular tv coverage so I adopted Liverpool as my team to watch on tv - and still do. Two of my boys are Liverpool fans and wee Billy also loves Celtic in the SPL. My Scottish team is Elgin City who finished bottom of Div 3 last season (out of 3 divisions that is!!!!)

The local team to where I live - Strathspey Thistle - have just been elected into The Highland League which is part-time/semi-pro type level but I will take the boys down to watch the this coming season albeit of a fairly low standard it could still be a good afternoon out with the boys.

Obviously "soccer" is our mainstay of sport over here, although the SPL (Scottish Premier League) is of a relatively poor standard compared to other Leagues.

The English Premier League is superb on the other hand with a fast pace (usually) and passion, whereas the continental (Italian, Spanish, French) style is very slow paced. The German Bundesliga is more akin to the British style of play.

I grew up in England and my local team was Bristol Rovers although they have never been too successful or had any regular tv coverage so I adopted Liverpool as my team to watch on tv - and still do. Two of my boys are Liverpool fans and wee Billy also loves Celtic in the SPL. My Scottish team is Elgin City who finished bottom of Div 3 last season (out of 3 divisions that is!!!!)

The local team to where I live - Strathspey Thistle - have just been elected into The Highland League which is part-time/semi-pro type level but I will take the boys down to watch the this coming season albeit of a fairly low standard it could still be a good afternoon out with the boys.

Glad to hear you are a liverpool fan as well.

And with the Scottish Premier League it always seems to be a race between Rangers and Celtic. Is that about right?

Spurs fan here. Greg, assnal? Really? F U in da A man!

TBH, I've gone off it a bit in the last couple of yrs. It takes itself far too seriously and a good percentage of players have their heads stuck so far up their own arses it's difficult to tell which end is which anymore.

TBH, I've gone off it a bit in the last couple of yrs. It takes itself far too seriously and a good percentage of players have their heads stuck so far up their own arses it's difficult to tell which end is which anymore.

Ah Robbie Keanne is one of my favorites I was really bummed when he didn't work out in liverpool. Oh well.

And with the Scottish Premier League it always seems to be a race between Rangers and Celtic. Is that about right?

Yep, that about sums it up - Rangers/Celtic will be 1st/2nd and all the others scrap it out for the other places. It's very uncompetitive and boring, it really does need sorting out and re-structuring to create some interest.

Ah Robbie Keanne is one of my favorites I was really bummed when he didn't work out in liverpool. Oh well.

Me too. Now we're saddled with his nibs again and paid back what we got for him. hey ho, Spurs f**king up is what we do. We also bought Defoe back. One day we'll get back to trying to win football games. One day.

Enjoy 3rd place again next season. I wish Spurs could reach those heady heights.