We're the third worst team in Madden 10

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ratings are based off of last year, and let's be honest we sucked last year. Sports video games are always this years schedules with last years teams....They are done even before preseason and as such have no basis in fact. To me it illustrates that EA needs to allow update-able rosters and skills for the games, but then that may cut into next year sales, and since they have no competition why should they add something like that?

67 Overall

this is ridiculous..they even have the stains and Raiders ahead of us.

How can they justify this rating?

Sorry, but isn't Madden a video game? It's not real. Personally, I wouldn't base anything off imaginary...

Just saying...

Exactly.

Palmer and Ocho are both coming off of "off years." And they are the cream of the crop in this bunch, from a Madden Rating perspective.

The defense is still a bunch of has-beens/never-weres. I doubt Madden has any of them rated higher than 81 or 82. And we all know about the oline. Well, most of us anyway.

67 seems a little harsh, but if you want the World-Shaking Cincinnati Bengals, go buy Madden 2006. That's the one that came out after 2005, which of course is the only time the Bengals have had a winning record in the past 19 years.

To those of you who think the Bengals rating should be higher, what do you think it should be? And why? Those of you who have played Madden for years, look at this team. Does anybody even belong in the low 90s? Not in my opinion.

I'll take a wild guess here and say that they made the Stillers really good on defense, and pretty good on offense. Probably one of the best teams on Madden. I wonder why. :huh: Same reason they made the Bengals suck again. Because its a video game. They are trying to be "best guess" realistic based on past performance, and prediction of upcoming performance based on...wait for it... past performance.

67 Overall

Sorry, but isn't Madden a video game? It's not real. Personally, I wouldn't base anything off imaginary...

Just saying...

Exactly.

Palmer and Ocho are both coming off of "off years." And they are the cream of the crop in this bunch, from a Madden Rating perspective.

The defense is still a bunch of has-beens/never-weres. I doubt Madden has any of them rated higher than 81 or 82. And we all know about the oline. Well, most of us anyway.

67 seems a little harsh, but if you want the World-Shaking Cincinnati Bengals, go buy Madden 2006. That's the one that came out after 2005, which of course is the only time the Bengals have had a winning record in the past 19 years.

To those of you who think the Bengals rating should be higher, what do you think it should be? And why? Those of you who have played Madden for years, look at this team. Does anybody even belong in the low 90s? Not in my opinion.

I'll take a wild guess here and say that they made the Stillers really good on defense, and pretty good on offense. Probably one of the best teams on Madden. I wonder why. :huh: Same reason they made the Bengals suck again. Because its a video game. They are trying to be "best guess" realistic based on past performance, and prediction of upcoming performance based on...wait for it... past performance.

Well, I would think Palmer should be in the low 90's somewhere, other than that no one else on the team is that good. I honestly don't know who does the ratings for Madden, but in my opinion, the ratings have always been flawed. Not just for the Bengals, but for every team. I normally spend the first hour or so with every new Madden adjusting player ratings to what I think they should be.

But, I don't have anything to complain about with the 67. They earned it last year.

67 Overall

Just saying...

Exactly.

I agree 100% with what your saying, and there are roster updates so by the end of the year we will be where were supposed to, but why would they have teams like KC and Oakland and even the stains higher then us? Thats what im really trying to figure out.

player ratings go from 0-99. starting players are usually 80-90, with the really good guys being 91-99. 67 is just too low as an average for a team with guys like palmer (should be around 90), benson, ocho, coles, williams, hall (all certainly 80+), and other decent players.

player ratings go from 0-99. starting players are usually 80-90, with the really good guys being 91-99. 67 is just too low as an average for a team with guys like palmer (should be around 90), benson, ocho, coles, williams, hall (all certainly 80+), and other decent players.

Well I do wonder if Cedric will crack 80 well he turned it on at end of the year but they probably value it as a whole ie we suck even though we played much better 2nd half of year vs the shetty teams ahead of us....I also see our offensive line & Defense line probably hurting the score alot....

Cook High 65-70?

Livings 65-70?

Whitworth 70?+

Bobbie williams high 70?

Andre I think was what 78?

Defense

Geathers 68-72? odom same?

Peko(hopefully he get's some love but I could see them putting him as high 70 even though he had a great year last year....)

Sims,Tank?70-75? at best...

I see. Ah well. No doubt it''ll still be easy enough to go undefeated and win the SB yr after yr anyway. Just like most comp games.

Cook High 65-70?

Livings 65-70?

Whitworth 70?+

Bobbie williams high 70?

Defense

Peko(hopefully he get's some love but I could see them putting him as high 70 even though he had a great year last year....)

i would think our DEs would get a bit more. but otherwise, about right yeah. now explain how we arrive at 67 average with that - the average form those nine is a (conservative) 72. our QB is 85-90, our RB certainly over 72, our two WRs as well. TE prolly around 70, FB as well. on D, our three LBs should certainly be around 70 at least. our two young CBs are 75-80, and we have a nice selection of good safeties as well. i just don't see how you could get a 67 average from that.

I could see them giving Odom a pass and be like 75ish but Geathers hasn't done shet for several years so I don't see him getting love...

Hope Joseph & Hall land with decent stats keke

our RB certainly over 72, o

How high was he in 2009? I don't get my PS3 till the 29th so I'm not sure what his previous stat'sare but I can't see him going up much being how his career was for the Beers went and even though he finished strong last year it seems like madden ignores that hence us being the 3rd worst team.....

our three LBs should certainly be around 70 at least. our two young CBs are 75-80, and we have a nice selection of good safeties as well. i just don't see how you could get a 67 average from that.

Well Several things I see driving our score mix of lack of experience just lack of well known players....

Cook High 65-70?

Livings 65-70?

Whitworth 70?+

Bobbie williams high 70?

Defense

i would think our DEs would get a bit more. but otherwise, about right yeah. now explain how we arrive at 67 average with that - the average form those nine is a (conservative) 72. our QB is 85-90, our RB certainly over 72, our two WRs as well. TE prolly around 70, FB as well. on D, our three LBs should certainly be around 70 at least. our two young CBs are 75-80, and we have a nice selection of good safeties as well. i just don't see how you could get a 67 average from that.

You forgot about all of the backups. Depth has never been a strong suit for the Bengals, so some of our backups are in the 50s I bet.

If your starters only make the 80s, and your backups are in the 50s-60s... 67 sounds about right.