Bengals early games 2009

I am thinking of maybe coming over to see the Bronco's game in Sept and then catching the game up in Milwaukee against the Packers the weekend after. I could do with a few pointers if anyone has some comment, especially in regards to Milwaukee/Packers fans (is it a nice place - how long could you spend there - 1 week or 1 night, are the fans friendly or will Pittsburgh seem like a more sociable location??).

In between the games I was thinking of driving about for a bit and seeing some of the U.S.

Options could be to drive to Milwaukee via Chicago but I can't see that taking a week.

Alternatively I could go to Atlanta via St.Louis, Memphis and Nashville then fly up for the Packers match.

Any info would be appreciated.

The only info I have on this is Green Bay is a useless town. Other than the Packers, they have a couple of shops and restaurants. If you go to the game and stay up there for an entire week, I would go and stay in Milwaukee which is a little more exciting and has a lot more to do. That's all I know man.

I don't know if timeframe is an issue for you, but if it's not and you can deal with cooler temps, you could catch the Lions at home and then head up to Minneapolis to see the Vikings game the next week. Minneapolis has FAR more to offer than the Green Bay area and the game in indoors. You would still have enough time to get back home for the Holidays and to top it off, I would have a tailgaiting partner in hostile territory as I will be at that game as well. Is that selfish ?? Oh well, it would be a good time. Good luck either way !!!

I don't know if timeframe is an issue for you, but if it's not and you can deal with cooler temps, you could catch the Lions at home and then head up to Minneapolis to see the Vikings game the next week. Minneapolis has FAR more to offer than the Green Bay area and the game in indoors. You would still have enough time to get back home for the Holidays and to top it off, I would have a tailgaiting partner in hostile territory as I will be at that game as well. Is that selfish ?? Oh well, it would be a good time. Good luck either way !!!

I will add that Ford feild in Detroit is a great place to watch a game. The surrounding city environment is rundown to say the least.

A shame it has to be in Detroit.

I think spending a week in Chicago sounds like a great way to experience the US. Great blues clubs downtown, the museums are first rate, Great club scene on Rush St., try Harry Carey's for a great steak and of course you have to get bleacher seats to a Cubs game at Wrigley. Chicago is a great place to spend a week provided you are not going in the winter when the wind can be brutal.

you could catch the Lions at home and then head up to Minneapolis to see the Vikings game the next week.

When the fixtures were released this was my first choice, but my travelling buddy didn't want to be stuck in the snowy north with short daylight hours and nothing to do except watch the brass monkies loosing their knackers!

However - I reckon a drive down south into warmer climes for the week in between may well persuade him, particularly if the flights are cost effective as it were being a bit out of season.

you could catch the Lions at home and then head up to Minneapolis to see the Vikings game the next week.

When the fixtures were released this was my first choice, but my travelling buddy didn't want to be stuck in the snowy north with short daylight hours and nothing to do except watch the brass monkies loosing their knackers!

However - I reckon a drive down south into warmer climes for the week in between may well persuade him, particularly if the flights are cost effective as it were being a bit out of season.

If you should decide to make these games happen, be sure to let me know as Mrs. ArmyBengal and I will DEFINITELY be in attendance. I also talk to some of the guys on a Vikings forum that have friends that are Bengals fans and have a few invites to tailgate. It should be a good time and the game is inside so it should prove to be a good time.

I'll keep you posted, hopefully we should get the cost of flights etc in the next few days and make a decision then. We'd probably head to Atlanta or New Orleans in the week in between to experience The South and see some of the country and then fly up to Minne from wherever. I'll PM you if this is the option we go for!

I'll keep you posted, hopefully we should get the cost of flights etc in the next few days and make a decision then. We'd probably head to Atlanta or New Orleans in the week in between to experience The South and see some of the country and then fly up to Minne from wherever. I'll PM you if this is the option we go for!

Nice !!! Keep me informed !!!

If you're going to head south, then definately hit New Orleans. 2 of the greatest 4 day weekends of my life were spent in New Orleans. I'm not too familiar with the sights in Atlanta, other than the traffic sucks going through there.

Chicago is a good town too and if you're able to get to and from just about anywhere, I'd hit New York City. You could spend a week there and never get bored.