Carson on Chad......

Kazkal

Palmer Changes Tune On Chad

Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2009, 11:53 p.m.

Recently, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer sounded like a guy who didn’t care whether receiver Chad Ochocinco ever comes back.

Now, Palmer is singing a different tune.

“He’s a damn good receiver — that’s obvious, everybody knows that –but the guys that are working here and busting their butt here deserve a shot,” Palmer recently told FOX Sports Radio, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. “When he shows up he’ll show up and hopefully he’s in great shape and he’s ready to play.

“But I never once said anything about not wanting him here and not needing him. He’s a Pro Bowl receiver. He’s put up a ton of yards. He’s extremely dangerous to cover. We would love him when he comes here, but he’s not here right now.”

And Palmer might be happy with what he sees. According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, Ochocinco is in his best shape since 2005, up 18 pounds from last year’s 178 and running four sub-4.5 40-yard dashes in two-minute intervals.

“He’s at the point where he thinks he has to be here to get his mojo back,” Charles Collins, Ochocinco’s position coach in junior college, said of the player’s offseason routine away from Ohio. “If he was in Cincinnati practicing, it would be good, of course. But he feels like in order to get back to where he was, he’s got to focus on those things. When he gets to the minicamp, he wants to show people that he’s ready to play. . . .

“To go from one of the top five receivers in the league to 65 in the league hurt him,” Collins added. “He felt that, and he wants to get back. I told him he had to get back and do the things he was doing before Ochocinco and all that other crap.”

The team’s mandatory minicamp runs from June 18 to 20. Between now and then, maybe the Bengals should hire Collins. It sounds like he’s the only guy who can get through to Chad.

Well I guess he really never did throw him under a bus.

I read that last night and thought c'mon CPalmer don't be gettin all wishy washy now, I know that NoShow Finko little feelings may have gotten hurt by what you said earlier, but stand by what you said if that's how you felt at that time...Don't be like a politician at vote time saying one thing then backtracking once you're in office...All you did was state the truth. if NoShow Finko is not there putting in the time and CHenry can win the spot, then so be it...

he never said he dont want chad to be there at all, reread his comment carefully, and u will see that he never say that

example on what he say

When Chad shows up, we'll get to work

Bengals quarterback stated he expected Chris Henry to take Ochocinco's first-receiver slot when the first voluntary mini-camp snap is hiked on May 19.

where did it say that henry will take cj job? he take his place only in voluntary mini-camp

You guys crack me up! I read these threads about how Carson was ripping Chad in some interview. I read the interview and he didn't say anything negative about Chad at all. It's just a case of a bunch of morons reading crap into something that never existed.

And now the same morons are saying Carson is backtracking and being wishy washy. Get over it. I know you are despearate for our QB to try to validate your stupid hatred of Chad, but it's not going to happen

You guys crack me up! I read these threads about how Carson was ripping Chad in some interview. I read the interview and he didn't say anything negative about Chad at all. It's just a case of a bunch of morons reading crap into something that never existed.

And now the same morons are saying Carson is backtracking and being wishy washy. Get over it. I know you are despearate for our QB to try to validate your stupid hatred of Chad, but it's not going to happen

No, my hatred of Fredo is validated by his implosion at the playoff game, his drops, his inability to block, his girl-like aversion to open field hits, his attitude about the city and its fans, his improper running of routes, his going off on Palmer in public, his selfish work ethic and his pathetic attempts at drawing attention to himself at all costs.

I don't need CP to validate anything.

And despite everything I just wrote, I eagerly await your response defending this jack-pipe.

Man every thread on this site lately is about Chad Johnson, in fact im tired of hearing about him, and worst part is he is still on this team so i guess i will have to hear about him all year long. If he is the Chad from 2005 then great, but if he comes here acting like a little girl, then i just wish somebody would sit him on his a** and not let him play.

Oh by the way what is it with you Mister Pong, and Chad anyways, you are always getting so mad at everyone because of there opion about him. Not all of us have such love affairs with the guy like you do, so instead of always defending him why not just let it go and not write anything. IM SO SICK OF CHAD!

I don't know who you are calling a moron JoeDong, but i have said in thread after thread that i don't hate CJohnson, and hopes that when he comes to camp that he is not a distraction, I never said that CPalmer ripped Chad, all I'm saying if you think CHenry can win his spot then so be it that is what he said in his first interview...I said he was wishy washy because it seems that now he is trying to cater to CJohnson, instead of doing what he said and that was worry about who was in camp...So F*ck You moron...

cosign,

AG

x's 2

LOL.

And yet neither of you have said anything that refutes the points I listed above. All I get is his past numbers from when he was the leading receiver IN THE PAST. As many of you have said (and I believe this is you, greenie), stats don't mean anything. So where, exactly, does all the Fredo Rah Rah come from if you can't refute all the negatives?

'He's a great receiver.'

-No, he was a great receiver, at one time, before he began believing his own hype.

'But, he's a great receiver.'

-No, he was a great receiver before his attitude overtook his ability.

'But, but...he's Chad!'

-No, he's Fredo.

Story over.

Did Carson come right out and bash Chad in his original interview ?? No. However, there was more than a suggestive word or two about the players that were here that YOU KNOW D*MN WELL rubbed Chad the wrong way. If you don't think that's the case than why do you think Carson is all of a sudden having to explain his statement ??

I don't think Carson is being wishy washy either, I think he's trying to keep things on an even keel until he has the opportunity to see what's what.

To use any of this as a way to say Chad is this or that is crazy on either side, but to get a little feel for things, you need not look any further than the guy that Chad looks to as a father figure and mentor in Collins:

"I told him he had to get back and do the things he was doing before Ochocinco and all that other crap."

That quote right there is all I needed to hear from Collins to validate all the feelings that Chad hasn't been doing the right thing when it comes to preparing for what he needs to be doing. I am more than ok saying I really HOPE this is an indicator that Chad is going to be approaching things in a manner similar to the way he had in the past, because that would benefit the team. All that being said, I will only be rooting for him to help this team, not his personal goal to be an entertainer. I no longer hate him, I'm just done with his whole game, because not even he can see how all his bullsh*t has affected the fans of this team. That is sad.

Go Chad ???

x's 2

LOL.

And yet neither of you have said anything that refutes the points I listed above. All I get is his past numbers from when he was the leading receiver IN THE PAST. As many of you have said (and I believe this is you, greenie), stats don't mean anything. So where, exactly, does all the Fredo Rah Rah come from if you can't refute all the negatives?

'He's a great receiver.'

-No, he was a great receiver, at one time, before he began believing his own hype.

'But, but...he's Chad!'

-No, he's Fredo.

Story over.

No he's a guy who turned you and your son down for an autograph and now you suddenly "hate" him...

It's your opinion vs mine. At the end of that day, that's all it is. We'll just have to sit and wait to see who's right. I'm not a stat guy, but I like my odds with a healthy Palmer.

x's 2

LOL.

'He's a great receiver.'

'But, but...he's Chad!'

-No, he's Fredo.

Story over.

No he's a guy who turned you and your son down for an autograph and now you suddenly "hate" him...

It's your opinion vs mine. At the end of that day, that's all it is. We'll just have to sit and wait to see who's right. I'm not a stat guy, but I like my odds with a healthy Palmer.

Whoa whoa whoa, compadre. Fredo has never turned my son down for an autograph. In fact, I've went on here and other internet articles and given Fredo his props for hanging around and giving my son the last autograph at an open practice.

Don't make up facts behind my attitude towards Fredo just because you can't refute the facts I listed above.

You want to love on Fredo because of a man-crush, I don't really care. I don't understand it, but you got that right. Don't try to pin my attitude on the guy something it's not. He has never mistreated me, my son or any other fan that I've ever seen. He was actually nice to my kid once. That said, I still hold to my opinion based on things on the field and in the locker room.

'Nuff said, unless you want to bring my kid into this again.

x's 2

LOL.

'He's a great receiver.'

'But, but...he's Chad!'

-No, he's Fredo.

Story over.

Whoa whoa whoa, compadre. Fredo has never turned my son down for an autograph. In fact, I've went on here and other internet articles and given Fredo his props for hanging around and giving my son the last autograph at an open practice.

Don't make up facts behind my attitude towards Fredo just because you can't refute the facts I listed above.

You want to love on Fredo because of a man-crush, I don't really care. I don't understand it, but you got that right. Don't try to pin my attitude on the guy something it's not. He has never mistreated me, my son or any other fan that I've ever seen. He was actually nice to my kid once. That said, I still hold to my opinion based on things on the field and in the locker room.

'Nuff said, unless you want to bring my kid into this again.

I'd never take a shot at your kid brother.. I was just posting what I read months ago. Maybe I got you confused with someone else. My bad... We'll just have to wait and see.

Carson is a class act, and very intelligent to boot. He knew how to carefully voice his opinion without blatantly ripping Chad in the interview. i dont know what he personally thinks of chad, reguardless Carson knows that he is still a damn good target to throw to.

Personally I think that Chad will benefit the most of any receiver on our depth chart with a healthy palmer. By week 6 i think that everyone will be back on the Chad band wagon. I am more hoping than predicting, but I have always been a chad fan.

Personally I think that Chad will benefit the most of any receiver on our depth chart with a healthy palmer. By week 6 i think that everyone will be back on the Chad band wagon. I am more hoping than predicting, but I have always been a chad fan.

i will never be back on chad bandwagon unless he is the one who made a td catch for win in end of superbowl (only if he did that as bengals not other team)

i will never be back on chad bandwagon unless he is the one who made a td catch for win in end of superbowl (only if he did that as bengals not other team)

Not even then for me. It's never been about his production for me. Since I cheer for the Bengal jersey more than any individual player anyway, I am fully able to separate my dislike of a person from the positive production he gives to the team. So if Chad scores a winning TD in any game this season, you'll bet I'll be cheering. But I will never be called a fan of Chad Johnson - because the second his contract with the Bengals expires, I'll be cheering for him to be run over by a bus.

Of course, it's not as though I'm friends with any of the players anyway. So it doesn't really make much of a difference in my life, nor theirs. Really, it all comes down to wanting players on the Bengals that help the team reach the goal of a Super Bowl. That's what our ultimate desire is, right? So, it's merely my opinion that Chad is hurting the team more than helping - and for that reason, I'd like to see him gone.

Hobson's latest claims Chad will be featured on Total Access today. The rumored topic of discussion will be his current state of mind and his relationship with Carson Palmer.

I predict nothing good will come from this.

Probably not. I really wish they'd just cut this guy loose and be done with it. He's obviously not inclined to help this organization win so they either need to cut him or trade him. Doesn't matter which.

Did anyone see the total access show and give a report for the good of the forum ??

To be perfectly honest I thought Chad said all of the right things and acted exactly the way we all hope he continues to act. He was serious and focused, as well as contrite and humble. He apologized for last season's miserable performance and all but admitted he had deliberately tanked the season by not preparing in any meaningful way. To that end he vowed to report this season in the very best shape of his career. He claimed his training methods now included boxing as a way to improve his hand and eye coordination. (Drops?) As expected he admitted he won't show up for anything that isn't mandatory but claimed it wouldn't impact his timing with Palmer due to an offseason devoted to better route running. In fact, when Chad was asked what message he wanted to send to Palmer he joked about being a remote control WR this year, saying something about always being where Palmer needed him to be.

Bottom Line: Yeah, I still cringed at the sound of his voice, but he actually said everything I was hoping to hear. Huge props.

Did anyone see the total access show and give a report for the good of the forum ??

To be perfectly honest I thought Chad said all of the right things and acted exactly the way we all hope he continues to act. He was serious and focused, as well as contrite and humble. He apologized for last season's miserable performance and all but admitted he had deliberately tanked the season by not preparing in any meaningful way. To that end he vowed to report this season in the very best shape of his career. He claimed his training methods now included boxing as a way to improve his hand and eye coordination. (Drops?) As expected he admitted he won't show up for anything that isn't mandatory but claimed it wouldn't impact his timing with Palmer due to an offseason devoted to better route running. In fact, when Chad was asked what message he wanted to send to Palmer he joked about being a remote control WR this year, saying something about always being where Palmer needed him to be.

Bottom Line: Yeah, I still cringed at the sound of his voice, but he actually said everything I was hoping to hear. Huge props.

I only the ESPN snippets. Didn't see it all. I'll take HOF's account as unbiased and accurate.

That being the case, I'm willing to acknowledge Fredo said what he needed to say. As I've said, I hope he does well for the team's sake.

However, the Enquirer also quotes Fredo as saying the following:

"Of course, why not go and show off the product?” said Ochocinco of the upcoming minicamp. “Why not leave my coaches mouths wide open?”

“I’m sure all the people in Cincinnati think I’m really not doing that much but you’ll see the results with the work I’m putting in right now.”

I'm not too crazy about showing up to basically 'leave the coaches mouths wide open', as opposed to helping out the team. Still seems all about him. I'm also not drawn back to greenie's bandwagon when Fredo makes assumptions about what all us people in Cincinnati are thinking of him.

While many of us look at him unfavorably, it seems he judges all of us in the same manner Hoosier says we shouldn't judge him. Isn't Fredo kinda fueling the feud as opposed to trying to patch up and kumbaya?

the video is on .com if you want to check it out greg.

it's not quite accurate to say he was humble. i heard a lot of "me's" and "i's" not much talk of what the team is going to do, only what he will do. overall though he did seem serious and focused and that's better than what we've gotten in the recent past.

edt: and you're right hair he did own up to his mistakes . . . kind of.

edt: and you're right hair he did own up to his mistakes . . . kind of.

I'd put it this way. It wasn't perfect and I'd say alot more than Chad did if I'm the one writing the script. But I know Chad's never going to admit what he did in stark black and white terms, and if he does throw himself on his sword I know the very first thing he'll do is make certain the point is facing down. But having said all of that, it was still more than I expected as it offered some hope that things will be different.

And for those who were looking for ANY positive sign, as I adit I was, well....how about this?

The man was decked out from head to toe in Bengal gear.

Just saying..... :lol: