Reds vs. Astros

ArmyBengal

The Houston Astros coming to town always seems to be bad news for the Reds. After taking the series at home from the Indians, maybe they can keep things going against the team that always seems to have their number at home. The Reds are still 3 games over .500, in second place, and 2 and a half games behind both the Brewers and Cardinals who lost last night.

Harang gets the start in an early game today followed by Owings and Arroyo to finish out the series. Harang has a chance to get his record above .500 today sitting at

(4-4). Here's to hoping the Reds can turn things around against the Astros who are 17-2 against the Reds at home in thier last 19 games.

So Harang goes to (5-4) after getting his first win over the Astros in two years. I'm happy just to get a win against the Astros at home !!!

Oh yeah, nice to see Alex Gonzalez make the most of getting back into the lineup by going 0-5 and helping his BA to .215.... Sucktastic !!!

So Harang goes to (5-4) after getting his first win over the Astros in two years. I'm happy just to get a win against the Astros at home !!!

Oh yeah, nice to see Alex Gonzalez make the most of getting back into the lineup by going 0-5 and helping his BA to .215.... Sucktastic !!!

Yeah. But I like Taveras. He'll be gone in a few years.

I went down to the game yesterday... Despite the rain and a looooong delay in the 5th inning, the game was great. The lineup looked odd but it turned out to be very productive.

I can't get enough of Rosales. I swear I watched him play first base one inning, then the next I see him make a diving catch and an even better throw to get the force out at first. This kid brings a fire to the team that is contageious (can't spell).

If you ever have the oppurtunity to get tix for the Riverfront Club (they aren't cheap), JUMP on it.. This is the first year this has been offered at GAB - FREE FOOD AND DRINK!!! The Club is this HUGE open room with buffet style "stations" serving Larossa's, Montgomery Inn, Hot Dogs and Burgers, Jumbalya, Nachos, Paninis, Chicken Alfredo and all the Coke products you can drink. The food is unlimited. They also have ice cream and popsicles... I polished off about 6 slices of Larossa's pizza, two Montgomery in pulled pork sammies, 2 servings of stadium nachos, a burger, a big red smokey, and about 12 sodas...

I'll try to post up a few pictures if I can.

Check out this quote from a very angry Astros fan (taken from another board)

Man is it good not to be in last. :)

"This team...I hate this team. They cant win at home, they cant win in the clutch, they cant hold leads, they cant pitch over 7 innings. Wandy Rodriguez is our ace because Roy is done. DONE! He's done unless he throws against the, Reds every start but he makes two-three inexcusable mistakes every game! He makes me miss Chris Holt this year. I want Wade Miller back. I hate this team. Thanks for showing up for the first month and a half of the year Lance! Try warming up before you swing through curveballs every game. Try taking some BP before you go out there and fan the centerfielder with the strength of your missed swings. Carlos Lee is making ridiculous money this year because our owner had his wallet stolen by Tal Smith, and Miggy Tejada is a lying, cheating, below-average shortstop who can has barely any power, range, or speed anymore. We did not trade for a punch-and-judy hitter, I dont care if he's hitting .325! He was brought here to hit 30 dingers, drive in 115, and score 90-100 runs. I hate him, and I want to take a bat to his kneecaps. Better let Pence do it, actually, since he is the ONLY one hitting the way he should be! Gah! Hey, Matsui, in America, in American baseball, we like to HIT the ball! Oh, and bullpen, Mike Hampton, Russ Ortiz, and Brian Moehler, your job is to prevent the other team from scoring! Was that not in your contract? Did you not get that memo? Oh, and look at all the help on the horizon! I cant wait for the 45-year Doug Brocail to come back, or 'Papa Grande' Valverde. They'll be able to haul around the broken bodies of Chris Sampson and Tim Byrdak after Cooper runs them into the ground. I hate this team, I hate the owner, I hate their constantly angry manager, I hate their general manager, and I hate their owner, who has led this team into a catastrophic slump since going to the World Series in 2004. Blow up the team! Trade Roy for prospects, right now, trade him to the Red Sox or Mets. Trade Carlos Lee to any team that needs a hitter, pay half his salary, and be grateful for whatever prospects they give you. Trade Jose Valverde and bring up some kid to pitch in the 9th, because we can forget save situations from now on. Send Miggy Tejada on a train as soon as his contract is up. Cut Matsui, just cut him, cut him now, and play Maysonet or anybody else. Cut Geoff Blum and let Saccomano play third. Cut those disasters of Jason Michaels, Mike Hampton, and Russ Ortiz. Bring up the ten best players in the system, play them 60 games and see what happens. Just blow up the team. I hate this team, they make me sick. It makes me sick to see that Paulino is a starter for us. It makes me sick that a reliable reliever in our bullpen is named Jeff Fulchino. It makes me sick that we had to sign Pudge Rodriquez because our farm system can't give us one major league quality catcher. The only thing I like watching is Hunter Pence hit and Wandy pitch. That's it, and Ive been an Astros fan since I was 7. I hate this team.

"Now I'm done."--Brady Quinn"

The Reds win the 2nd game 6-4 off Votto's homerun and they are back to 5 games over .500 and a game and a half out of first.

Arroyo will be on the mound tonight to try for the series sweep.

For those not keeping up, Oswalt couldn't get the win last night for the Astros. That is a new thing this season. Thank God !!!

I was just looking and didn't realize how serious things were about to get for the Reds after this series with the Astros.

After the day off Thursday, they play the next 10 against the Division rivals.

Next 3 series:

3 at the Brewers

4 at the Cardinals

3 vs the Cubs

Those 3 series will go a long way to see how this team might fare in the long run for the season.

At least they have been playing well on the road !!!

I was just looking and didn't realize how serious things were about to get for the Reds after this series with the Astros.

After the day off Thursday, they play the next 10 against the Division rivals.

Next 3 series:

3 at the Brewers

4 at the Cardinals

3 vs the Cubs

Those 3 series will go a long way to see how this team might fare in the long run for the season.

At least they have been playing well on the road !!!

I was looking at the same thing ...... If they can take 2 out of 3 with the Brewers and the Cubs ... and even just split with the Cards, they'll be in a good position to put the pressure on the others to win just to keep up.

San Diego couldn't have picked a wors time to come out of their slump. .......... coulnd't believe that!

Let's not forget the slump of the Cubbies lately, as well as the possibility Zambrano may be on an extended vacation due to his temper tantrum yesterday.

Temper tantrum? The dude blew a gasket! :lol:

He actually got faked into that ump bump. Watch the video carefully, since ESPN played it twenty times during SC, and you see the ump fake in his shoulder at Zambrano first, drawing the reactive bump. It was actually a slick move by the ump. Nicely done.

ANYTIME the Reds sweep the Astros AT HOME, it's a good thing. They have constantly ABUSED the Reds at home and that was a very solid series for them. Bruce had a monster game and hopefully that trend continues with him. Here's also hoping Votto is finally over his illness because we are going to need him these upcoming series. They remain 1.5 games back and are freaking 6 games over .500. Nice series indeed and they deserve the day off today !!! Well done Reds !!!

Finally, we are no longer owned by Oswalt, Berkman, Pence, Lee and the Houston Astros. SWEEP baby!!

This road trip will be a huge test for this young team... Dusty said that the home stand against Houston was REALLY important to win (he said this before the series started) because of this long road trip against other NL Centrals.

We'll be comfortably in 1st if we win.

I wouldn't go so far as to say anything would be "comfortable" for this young team, especially since we haven't hit the break yet, but I won't complain one bit if they were to end up at the top of the division after this road trip !!! They would just have to find a way to remember what got them there and stay focused on that.

I will be happy if they come out of this road trip anywhere close to 1.5 games back, a hold in this situation is good anything better is gravy.

Couldn't agree more. Like I've been saying for a while now, all I want them to do is keep things close. If they can continue this up to the break, we can look at what might happen in the second half. I sure am happy the team is doing this well though !!!

I will be happy if they come out of this road trip anywhere close to 1.5 games back, a hold in this situation is good anything better is gravy.

St. Louis is the only team I'm worried about.

You better start expanding your field of worry. <_< The Reds just dropped the opener in Milwaukee.

You better start expanding your field of worry. <_< The Reds just dropped the opener in Milwaukee.

The Reds just got swept by the Brewers ageen. You worried yet?

The Reds just got swept by the Brewers ageen. You worried yet?

;) I'm worried enough for all 3 of us.

B) By the way ......... nice group shot.