Who wins the job at Center?

Lots up in the air at this point.

My guess would be:

LT - Collins

LG - Whitworth

C - Luigs

RG - Williams

RT - Kooistra

Why no Smith? I think he'll still be holding out. If I had to make a guess I see him signing right after the opener. Then a few weeks to get acclimated and he should be in the lineup by week 4 or 5 I bet.

Cook at Center?

"Cook was a first-year pro last year who was on Bengals practice squad in ’07, Cook saw his first NFL action, but a toe injury sidelined him for the final 10 games." (bengals.com)

Satucci at Center?

"Satucci is a Second-year pro who spent the season on Reserve/Injured list, due to a preseason ankle injury." (bengals.com)

We have 3 Centers with pretty much zero experience, so I hope the new guy beats Cook and Satucci out. But either way, we are looking at a noob under Center to call out the blitz pickups. Uh-oh.

Curious to hear what others believe our opening day starting lineup at oline will be.

LT - Collins

LG - Whit

C - Cook

RG - Williams

RT - Smith

Luigs will take over a C by week six. I slot Smith at RT b/c of an expected holdout and it will be easier to get him in the line-up at that spot.

As of right now at this moment I say:

LT- Smith

LG- Whitworth

C- Cook

RG- Williams

RT- Collins

It may play out that Luigs beats out Cook for the starting Center job, but we aren't there yet.

I also don't think there will be a definitve at the tackle position until camps are on their way.

LT - Collins

LG - Whit

C - Cook

RG - Williams

RT - Smith

Luigs will take over a C by week six. I slot Smith at RT b/c of an expected holdout and it will be easier to get him in the line-up at that spot.

Can't disagree with this. Only thing is, didn't they already anoint Smith as the new LT? I'll chalk that up to Marvin trying to get Smith to camp on time because otherwise it seems silly to anoint anyone for anything before you see what you have at practices.

Collins held his own at LT the last few games I thought. But he is not exactly what I would call "proven" at LT. If Smith beats out Collins at LT then conventional wisdom says move Collins to RT. But playing RT is not the same as playing LT.

The faith in Cook still baffles me, but I can't discount it entirely because I've only seen him in limited preseason time. Still, it can't be denied that there is a serious void of real NFL experience at the Center position, no matter who ends up winning the starting job.

No one has annointed any player anything except Huber as the starting punter and think everything else will get figured out in camp to include both tackle positions and center. It's not so much the faith in Cook, as much as it is that he would have been the starter had the injury bug not bitten him. At this point, he should be penciled in as the starter by default, understanding that may change...

LT: Anthony Collins

LG: Andrew Whitworth

C: Andrew Crummey

RG: Bobbie Williams

RT: Andre Smith

Anthony Collins is a stud, but I don't believe that he can play RT, but I also think that Andre Smith is the LT of the future but maybe not this year! Andrew Whitworth is going to the Pro Bowl this year, I agree he would be a great Tackle but he already has established Pro Bowl play at Guard. Andrew Crummey has the best potential and lining up between Whitworth and Bobbie will help off set the lack of experience.

LT: Andrew Whitworth. Why? because he's the guy I least want to see there, so of course the Bengals will do this.

LG: Anthony Collins. "Increased versatility" is the mantra here. Collins also named emergency center, punter, holder, kicker; also works concession during halftime.

C: Eric Ghiaciuc. Re-signed just before the season after not making the final roster cut in KC. Calls to Cincy suicide hotline by Bengals fans skyrocket.

RG: Scott Kooistra. Bobbie is the only reliable piece of the line so naturally he gets cut.

RT: Stacy Andrews. Re-signed after Philly realizes how badly the fouled up. Paul Alexander gets "best tackle in football" back by threatening Mike Brown with the release of photographs showing him being kind to small children and giving to local charities.

Andre Smith, of course, is still holding out. Meanwhile, Levi starts 16 games and doesn't allow a sack in Buffalo.

Really not sure how it will end up

LT:Andre Smith or Collins?I'm guessing which ever is better passprotector :P

LG:If we move whitworth who will win the LG position Livings? or move Collins inside?

RT:Whitworth?Collins?Smith? I'd like to see Andre on the rightside because I think he'll have the biggest impact in the running game but if he ends up the best protector do we put whitworth on the right or Collins?

So I think team will do

LT:Smith

LG:Whitworth

C:Cook until Luigs beats him

RG:Williams

RT:Collins

Will Smith end up at RT or LT?

Who wins the job at Center?

Lots up in the air at this point.

My guess would be:

LT - Collins

LG - Whitworth

C - Luigs

RG - Williams

RT - Kooistra

Why no Smith? I think he'll still be holding out. If I had to make a guess I see him signing right after the opener. Then a few weeks to get acclimated and he should be in the lineup by week 4 or 5 I bet.

Cook at Center?

"Cook was a first-year pro last year who was on Bengals practice squad in ’07, Cook saw his first NFL action, but a toe injury sidelined him for the final 10 games." (bengals.com)

Satucci at Center?

"Satucci is a Second-year pro who spent the season on Reserve/Injured list, due to a preseason ankle injury." (bengals.com)

We have 3 Centers with pretty much zero experience, so I hope the new guy beats Cook and Satucci out. But either way, we are looking at a noob under Center to call out the blitz pickups. Uh-oh.

Curious to hear what others believe our opening day starting lineup at oline will be.

I'm hoping this is the year Kooistra finally gets shown the door, he is not a starter on any NFL team.

I'm torn b/c we actually have depth on our line that puts someone one on the bench that could easily start for us. You know that Whitworth, Andre Smith are starters, but where is the question. Anthony Collins is good and I like his fire but I think he is only a solid LT that will never be elite and IMO I don't think he is a RT. Another guy I really like is Nate Livings, at 6'5 335, he has the perfect dimensions to play guard but unless he replaces Bobbie Williams he won't be able to crack the lineup. Bobbie is listed as a C/G on the Bengals website. What about:

LT: Anthony Collins

LG: Andrew Whitworth

C: Bobbie Williams

RG: Nate Livings

RT: Andre Smith

I like this lineup but I believe that the Jurassic line idea has passed and maybe Nate Livings sits until next year when Bobbie's contract expires but I really like the kid and think he is a great guard.

LT: Andre Smith

LG: Nate Livings

C: ??? Luigs will but not yet

RG: Bobbie Williams

RT: Andrew Whitworth

I really like this lineup also, that is bruising with our guards and tackles averaging about 340 lbs. But I think Anthony Collins is too good to be benched.

Why is it people were saying how if we drafted a LT we could move Collins to RT, but now all of a sudden he's not good enough to be a RT ??

I get that Andre on the right equals a running game like no other, but we will have to wait and see how it plays out I suppose...

With the official site saying the Bengals currently have 14 o-linemen on the roster, usually keep 8 or 9, 4 that can play tackle with the rest being guards or centers, who stays ??

LT- Smith, Livings

LG- Whitworth

C- Cook, Luigs

RG- Williams

RT- Collins, Kooistra, Roland

Kooistra and Roland can both play guard and tackle, with Luigs and Cook holding down the center position.

That leaves:

Santucci (as the most notable)

Crummey

Bujnoch

Mathis

Dow

With the official site saying the Bengals currently have 14 o-linemen on the roster, usually keep 8 or 9, 4 that can play tackle with the rest being guards or centers, who stays ??

LT- Smith, Livings

LG- Whitworth

C- Cook, Luigs

RG- Williams

Kooistra and Roland can both play guard and tackle, with Luigs and Cook holding down the center position.

That leaves:

Crummey

Bujnoch

Mathis

Dow

Everything I have seen has always shown Livings as a Guard?

LT- Smith, Livings

LG- Whitworth

C- Cook, Luigs

RG- Williams

That leaves:

Crummey

Bujnoch

Mathis

Dow

Everything I have seen has always shown Livings as a Guard?

Yeah, wrong line. Thanks !!!

LT Smith

LG Whitworth

C Luigs

RG Williams

RT ROLAND

I know being huge doesnt mean your good, but Roland showed some promise and could move some people. If he learns to get better leverage I think he could develop well.

I think Andre Smith would start at RT before Roland would, but yeah, he has some size and ability for sure...