6th Round #2: Bernard Scott

ArmyBengal

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody want to take bets on how long it will take profootballtalk to write an article about this pick even though they won't write an article about any other late round pick?

10 minutes....With that being said hopefully Chris Perry get's his shet togather.

Ain't never gonna happen. Cut his worthless a$$ now.

If New England would have picked him, it would have been rated as a brilliant pick, if the Bengals pick him it's rated as dumb. Who gives a damn it's a sixth round pick, you don't bust a team's balls about who they pick in the sixth round, if the guy stays clean an contributes brilliant pick, if he doesn't who cares. If the dude decides to mess his life up and get in trouble that's on him, he's a sixth round pick not losing a lot with this low reward pick. Three years from now, if someone can name me a list of people that we could have had at this position then I will be a little upset.

wow you guys are harsh on Perry. He had a very BAD football injury and tried to come back. I don't see you guys hating on Irons as much as Perry. At least Perry tried to comeback. He obviously isn't the same now so yes, they should move on from him, but give the man a break. sheesh.

wow you guys are harsh on Perry. He had a very BAD football injury and tried to come back. I don't see you guys hating on Irons as much as Perry. At least Perry tried to comeback. He obviously isn't the same now so yes, they should move on from him, but give the man a break. sheesh.

He sucked. He was a first round pick. He didn't work his rehab.

Good riddance

we get 2, ur draft tracker is broke. ESPN it shows 2.

he didn't work his rehab? right......

Akili Smith sucked. Klinger Sucked. Ki-Jana Carter got injured - has an excuse. Perry got injured - has an excuse. I frown down on Smith and Klinger more than Carter and Perry. Perry was a late first round pick anyway. At least he wasn't a top 10 pick that was a bust one way or the other.

Ah, I missed it, he IS our KR/PR.....6 punt returns for TDs?

S W E E T

from: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/73805.html

BIOGRAPHY: Junior-college transfer who came to Abilene Christian by way of Central Arkansas. Received the 2008 Harlon Hill Trophy as the nation's top player in Division II. Totals last season included 266/2,156/20 on the ground and 47/826/6 returning punts. Junior rushing numbers included 251/2,165/35 with 46/565/4 as a pass catcher. All-Conference and All-America player the past two years.

POSITIVES: Smallish, elusive ball carrier who creates his own yardage. Runs with excellent balance, body control, and patience. Displays good running vision, finds the cutback lanes, and quickly gets through them. Weaves his way through the traffic, finding the open spot in the defense, runs with a good degree of quickness, and squeaks through the small openings in the defense. Makes opponents miss, and loses little momentum when he cuts back against the grain. Terrific receiver who nicely adjusts to the errant throw and makes the reception in stride, looking the pass into his hands. Runs with a compact style, and is low to the ground. Darts around the field, looking for the open space. Displays vision as a blocker picking up the blitz.

NEGATIVES: Usually brought down by the first defender, and not a strong ball carrier who picks up much yardage off initial contact. Must turn up the intensity as a blocker. Turned 25 years old this past February.

ANALYSIS: Scott is a versatile ball carrier whose skills would fit a team looking for a third-down back/situational runner. He seems to have the underlying abilities to be used as a punt or kick returner, which would only add to his value at the next level.

also, his combine numbers from nfldraftscout

40: 4.44 (N I C E)

225 reps: 21

Vertical: 36

Broad: 10'05

Short Shuttle: 4.08

3 Cone: 6.82

If this guy can stay out of trouble - and again, yes, a HUGE if - this could be our best pick of what overall is a very good (on paper) draft

Can you tell I am warming to this guy quickly, even despite his checkered past?

Yeah I don't see the reason to be negative here.

Could be the best running back in the draft.

If he doesn't work out or gets in trouble, we're out a sixth round draft pick, so what? I like the pick.

Remember after the Pittsburgh game when Chris Henry and a bunch of the boys went out and got in trouble?

Remember the story of Chad swinging at a coach when Carson went down?

WTF is this guy going to do?

You can take the criminal out of the hood but you cant take the hood out of the criminal.

You know T.J. and Chad came out of a bad hood but , they kept themselves out of jail and and they were happy to have a better life stayed clean to keep it.

What is this guy going to do if he gets a nice chunk of change? I mean after he has bought a gold grill and chains?

I remember when Pac man came out , and I didnt want us to take him because , I knew he had some bad character issues-and he looked like a chior boy compaired to this guy.

This may be the biggest criminal ever drafted.

we get 2, ur draft tracker is broke. ESPN it shows 2.

he didn't work his rehab? right......

Akili Smith sucked. Klinger Sucked. Ki-Jana Carter got injured - has an excuse. Perry got injured - has an excuse. I frown down on Smith and Klinger more than Carter and Perry. Perry was a late first round pick anyway. At least he wasn't a top 10 pick that was a bust one way or the other.

Thanks

If he doesn't work out or gets in trouble, we're out a sixth round draft pick, so what? I like the pick.

Remember after the Pittsburgh game when Chris Henry and a bunch of the boys went out and got in trouble?

You can take the criminal out of the hood but you cant take the hood out of the criminal.

You know T.J. and Chad came out of a bad hood but , they kept themselves out of jail and and they were happy to have a better life stayed clean to keep it.

What is this guy going to do if he gets a nice chunk of change? I mean after he has bought a gold grill and chains?

I remember when Pac man came out , and I didnt want us to take him because , I knew he had some bad character issues-and he looked like a chior boy compaired to this guy.

He said it has made him a better person >_< and knows better now >_<....but the ability he has for a 6th round pick just may be worth the drama aslong as it doesn't bite us in the ass...i

Hmm... I don't buy that he's anywhere near the best RB prospect in this draft. Not even close.

That said, he looks like he has the skills to be a very productive change of pace back.

I very much doubt he'll stay out of trouble. I think this is a wasted pick. It's a boom or bust type, so I'm not mad. I just don't think it's going to work out well. I just hope he doesn't drag Henry back down.

He said it has made him a better person >_< and knows better now >_<....but the ability he has for a 6th round pick just may be worth the drama aslong as it doesn't bite us in the ass...i

Thats the kind of $hit they always say- no doubt it came straight from his agent's mouth.

P.S. -love those pictures

Easily the highest potential-to-draft round pick so far

Everything I have seen and read indicates low first to high 2nd round on-the-field talent, saddled with UDCFA baggage, albeit mostly from 2 years back

I'm excited about this guy

If it were 2 months back, not so much, but two years?

This is the rookie I will be watching most this year

Thats the kind of $hit they always say- no doubt it came straight from his agent's mouth.

I agree with you on this. Money usually just makes you more of what you already are. Henry said he learned his lesson after his 1st arrest, and then his 2nd, and then his 3rd. Guys have agents to help them know the right things to say and how to increase their value. If the dude's a thug, he'll only be more of one once he gets his paycheck.

I'm not buying that stuff. That said, I don't care about it that much. On the slim chance that he stays out of trouble, this is a tremendous value pick. If he does get into trouble and needs to be fired... it's a late 6th round pick. Not much lost, except the continued media frenzy, which frankly doesn't bother me anymore. If the Bengals start winning games, all will be forgiven.

I've had some time to read up and realize that the 6th round is not that big of a deal if he indeed busts out or gets in trouble.

I'm not as upset as I was earlier, I'm just tired of having this same conversation about our drafted players especially when there were other players there.

I hate to think of what he could do to this team if he hasn't actually learned his lesson as his scripted response from his agent would have you believe.