FB Jeremi Johnson is BACK !!!

ArmyBengal

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/...jeremi-johnson/

Hope this doesn't impact the draft !!!

A league source tells us that the Bengals will be re-signing veteran fullback Jeremi Johnson.

Though the first five seasons of his career, the six-year veteran appeared in every game, with 50 starts.

Johnson missed all of 2008 with a knee injury, and was actually waived with an injury settlement in late November.

Primarily a blocker, he actually has more career yards receiving (269) than rushing (141).

He joined the team in 2003, as a fourth-round draft pick.

More importantly, with receiver Chad Johnson now officially known as Chad Ochocinco, Jeremi’s return helps to replenish the team’s supply of Johnsons.

Call him what you want, but as long as this doesn't keep us from drafting a FB I'm ok with it.

I can see it now, we don't draft a FB with the reason being that J. Johnson is back and healthy and then a month into camp he gets cut for some unknown reason and we are f*cked again with a running game that figure out why they can't get things going due to having a TE play the position.

I'll be pissed if we don't draft a fullback !!!

I'm ok with this. They'll cut him if he's out of shape and this gets him into the team workout program.

Yup. And if he's in shape and ready to go he gives the Bengals an option who already knows the playbook.

I agree and keep in mind he's only 2 years removed from being a Pro Bowl 1st alternate. I'm sure he signed for the mimimum, so it's a good move. I'm also certain that the Bengals did their due dilligence here, but you have to wonder if they would've re-signed him had they been able to get Tahi from the Vikes. For that reason, we need to bring in an UDFA FB, at least, but something tells me that Jeremi will be alright. Not having an NFL salary for some time and then suddenly having one again has a way of straightening guys up...Just ask Ced and Henry.

If Jeremi is even close the Jeremi of old, he's better than any FB we could've had through free agency and far and away better than any FB available in this year's draft.

I'm ok with this. They'll cut him if he's out of shape and this gets him into the team workout program.

Yup. And if he's in shape and ready to go he gives the Bengals an option who already knows the playbook.

...but you have to wonder if they would've re-signed him had they been able to get Tahi from the Vikes.

Um...no.

Son-of-a-Genius plays the redeemer again

I think Carl Pickens and Tremain Mack are also available right now - quick, someone let Son-of-a-Genius know

You said Tremain Mack...that is funny.

How about Sean Brewer? Heard he's been running routes.

No FB in the drat then. They'll pick a FA rookie.

If he gets rid of the moobs, then there is not need to panic as he's a very solid FB. Could be one of the best in the league already if he gave a s**t and not just a fat guy who can suck his own nipples.

What if the Bengals draft Ian Johnson at the end of the Third round for their change of pace back, and then Quinn Johnson in the 4th round as FB insurance? Then the Bengals would have enough Johnson's on the roster to make up for the loss of Landon and Rudi Johnson last year. All would be good in the world again and balanced.

If you need a reason why the Bengals sucked so bad last year, look no further than the lack of Johnsons in the lockerroom...and this problem can all be fixed in this years draft!

Edit: With the Chad Ochocinco name change, the Bengals would somehow have to also draft DE Micheal Johnson to make things right!

I'll be pissed if we don't draft a fullback !!!

Well get prepared to be pissed then. They have been trying all offseason to find some way to address the FB position and freeing up the draft. They have done that. Look for boom or bust type D-linemen, WR's, and safeties in the later rounds. No FB's. Sorry.

I'm ok with waiting longer to take a FB, but with the problems they have had with J. Johnson, both in weight and injury, there is no reason why they can't use one of their 7th's to address this "concern" if it's no longer a true "need". How about Javorski Lane out of Texas A&M in the 7th. He's a converted RB, that can be the bruiser we would love...

I just don't want to see it completely ignored due to putting all their eggs in J. Johnson's basket. I'm sure he has enough food in that basket already !!!