How will Mikey Boy surprise us in the draft?

What's the worst case scenario the Bengals could do to screw up your draft day and make you just shut off the TV?

1. Draft back to back WRs rounds 1 and 2

2. Draft a kicker in early round 3

3. Draft Beanie and then 2nd round draft a corner

4. Draft a QB first day

5. Totally ignore the line until round 5

fart-in-bed.gif

What's the worst case scenario the Bengals could do to screw up your draft day and make you just shut off the TV?

1. Draft back to back WRs rounds 1 and 2

2. Draft a kicker in early round 3

3. Draft Beanie and then 2nd round draft a corner

4. Draft a QB first day

5. Totally ignore the line until round 5

I'd have to go with #5 and ignore the line, but I really don't see that happening either. I can't see any of the scenarios you mentioned having a very real chance at happening, but I get what you are saying.

Maybe more like a WR in the 1st and a RB in the 2nd. I could envision where Crabtree and whatever RB would be there and you know how things go with the skill positions. Anyway, to answer the question in your thread title about how will Mike surprise us in the draft, I will say we will see more than one move in the draft either up or down the order. I say that's a surprise because you don't typically see it.

I'm totally expecting a 2nd round CB, with J.Joe coming up soon and with him close to being labled as injury-prone. That would fall right in line with the Bengals M.O. of 2nd round surprises, when their is a better value on the board.

There will be a 1st round talent on the board that falls to #38, but we will most likely pass...unless it's a WR.

A 2nd round CB would definitely be a surprise.

How about a punter in the 4th NOT named Huber ??

I've heard recent talk that the Steelers, Colts, Patriots and Chiefs are all looking to upgrade the C position. Depending on where the first C gets drafted, could we be looking at a scenario where Unger, Mack and Wood are all gone. I know the Pats and Steelers were at Wood's Pro Day and the Colts are said to be very high on both Mack and Unger. The bad news is that all of those teams pick at the bottom of the 1st through the top of the 2nd round. The good news is that maybe a couple of the RBs drop to the Bengals in the 2nd, or maybe even a player with first round talent and some question marks like Michael Johnson, Connor Barwin or Alfonso Smith.

Either way, I think we're sitting good at #6 and #38. A Monroe/Barwin draft would be unbelievable, but having the #38 pick is almost like having an extra 1st.

I've heard recent talk that the Steelers, Colts, Patriots and Chiefs are all looking to upgrade the C position. Depending on where the first C gets drafted, could we be looking at a scenario where Unger, Mack and Wood are all gone.

sounds like whoever gets drafted at C or LT is going to sit a while anyway, there's another good group of second tier centers out there in the 2-4 round range Luigs, Caldwell, I saw a half dozen more LTs rated higher than what Collins was rated last year, so it's a good draft setup for the Bengalss, but we're back to the Mikey factor, will he go WR crazy again?

The biggest reason I say one of the top 3 Centers will be there for us in the 2nd is the same reason given for why we may not take one of them even if they are there for the taking. There will be other players that fall to those spots that teams didn't think were going to be there and be to much to pass up on and are viewed as having more of an impact than a rookie Center. I have supreme faith that one of the top 3 will be there for us in the 2nd. The question is, do they pull the trigger ??