Your 2010 Comp Pick Scorecard v2

TJJackson

So in essence, playing time IS a factor. I am curious to see how that translates into what we might get for Landon Johnson. He signed a nice deal in Carolina but hardly played.

The good news related to comp picks is that we've donw pretty well with them in the past. Maybe we can find another Nduke at the bottom of the 7th.

playing time IS a factor

The "formula" is not publicly known, and can only be guessed at

I would not dismiss playing time entirely as a factor, but would say it's value in the "formula" is so minimal as to be insignificant

Which is good for this thread since next year's playing time cannot be known now, while contract figures can be :-)

So in essence, playing time IS a factor.

Yeah, to a point. The exact formula itself isn't known, but the guru guy (Adam?) laid out some of the parameters. Suffice to say it's a factor in determining who qualifies, but doesn't play a major role in determining the compensation itself.

I am curious to see how that translates into what we might get for Landon Johnson. He signed a nice deal in Carolina but hardly played.

Guru Adam projected a 6th ror 7th ound comp pick for Landon. Lack of playing time currently doesn't seem to be a factor at all....as Guru Adam just plugged 'em in based upon average per season contract slotting. In fact, the next player slotted, Marques Douglas, didn't start a single game. (Just like Landon.) Several players signed to smaller deals net even smaller comp return despite several becoming starters for their new teams.

The good news related to comp picks is that we've donw pretty well with them in the past. Maybe we can find another Nduke at the bottom of the 7th.

That's why I've got my fingers crossed in regards to Stepanovich. Due to the guesswork involved Guru Adam couldn't/wouldn't rule out the possibility he would qualify as a "Player Lost".....immediately giving the Benals an additional 7th round comp pick.