Wut's with the Bengals?

UF_Gators_15

I don't want to overreact b/c this depends on how the rest of FreeAgency goes and the draft unfolds but were in the running for TJ and no beans so we go get Lavernues Coles which is not a normal Bengals free agency move, we bring back Cedric Benson after everyone rips the Bengals for not franchising him and tagging a kicker but we saved money by not tagging Benson and still brought him back, so suk it! But seriously is anyone with me, I am kinda proud about how the Bengals are doing. I am happy we let Stacy walk and we need a true FB still, even though I would rather draft that truck outta LSU! I forgot his name, can someone help me with that?

I like how they ended up w/ the players they did. They ended up w/ a RB the has all pro potential for 3.5 million a year. They upgraded at WR for less than what TJ was asking for. U can say that TJ is better but if U compare careers and the QB's on each team throughout their careers, TJ doesn't match up. Coles has been the #1 on every team and consistently puts up decent numbers. Plus he doesn't pout on the field all the time like TJ. I don't think the bengals R that bad off on their O line. They played tens times better once Collins entered the line-up. The center position is an obvious problem but I think we have that answer in round 2. we need to draft Orakpo or Maybin in the first and give Marvin that guy he's been looking for.

No they don't they still have lots of work to do and thousands of apology letters to send out.

THis is a start. And this was a Marvin move. He sold the hell out Coles to Brown

I don't need an apology letter, just start winning some games at the beginning of the year instead of waiting until December.

Marvin was about to creme himself when he was on the stage with Cedric.....Did anyone else see how happy he was?

Another thing about us getting Coles, we signed him to a million less than TJ, but more importantly he signed for one less year. He is younger and we will be rid of him right after he turns 36.

I feel alot better as well. I will miss TJ, and man did he seem like he was always there on 3rd down. BUT, He seemed to be down on Cincy. I didn't like him missing minicamps, and he is more explosive than Housh. I didn't like his shot at Cincy on NFL network. He said Chad was saying he wishes he was him. He didn't know if he meant the deal or the fact he is getting out of Cincinnati. Either way it didn't need to be said. I love Palmer, and I will support the Bengals for the rest of Palmers career.

Another signing and we still have people that are unhappy. Wow, just wow...

What happened to "They need to spend money" or "What are they doing with the money" or my personal favorite, "We need to improve the team"...

That's wut I'm sayin dude, u said it best, some Bengals fans are just mad no matter wut happens, if we spend money to bring in Coles people say "Its too much" or we don't bring in Coles and people say "Why do we sit here and not do anything in free agency".

The point is the Bengals are trying to improve by doing the smart things not the cheap things like is the Mike Brown norm.

I love the fact they are going out spending some money on guys that can come in here and start right away. With that said these moves wont mean much without an O-LINE, i dont know how much money they have left to spend, but i hope they spend it on some o-line help.

Also is everyone sold on the defense yet, i know they had some many problems on the offense side of the ball, but this team still has a lack of a pass rush. I feel Geathers is not an everydown DE, and they need to do something about getting more sacks to help out the CB. So are they going to be drafting defesnse players, are they going to try to bring in some pass rushing help any ideas here?

With all that said so far im very happy with the moves they made love the Crocker signing also a guy the secondary really needed, so i say great job so far i hope they keep signing players they need.

Another signing and we still have people that are unhappy. Wow, just wow...

What happened to "They need to spend money" or "What are they doing with the money" or my personal favorite, "We need to improve the team"...

The enlightened rebels of the revolution will simply move down their list to the next gripe. If forced to guess I'd say the next popular refrain will be....

"Yeah, THAT's all well and good, but Mike Brown still sucks. So what about the O-line?"

Now all the Bengals need to do is to get rid of Chad "I don't want to be here anymore" Johnson... Then it will a succesful offseason!

I've read online rumors that the Giants have been shopping Mathias Kiwanuka for a wide receiver. Kiwanuka had 8 sacks last season and has played defensive end and outside linebacker for the Giants.

Y does everyone want these scrub O'Lineman in free agency, they're all garbage, name one guy u want to c brought in...those idiots in the Cincy Jungle are bitching about Cedric and Coles being brought in and bitching about y no O'Line has been brought in, and mentioned Khalif Barnes, which btw is trash, there's a reason y the Jags let him walk w/o tagging him or nothing. I am completely happy with how the Bengals are handling this offseason, I just want a FB, but I would rather that FB outta LSU! We are going to get our O'Line thru the draft, 1st: OT 2nd: Center 3rd: Change of Pace RB 4th: FB.

One guy I do wanna c brought in is Justin Miller CB/Returner

They have made more moves than I thought they would have at this point and minus o-line help, it's hard to look at the offseason and NOT be more pleased than angered. I would have loved to see a Center brought in, as I think outside of Benson it would have freed up the draft just as much. Such is life.

As for o-line, I think they are MORE than happy going to the draft to grab the guy they want.

The question is, what Center is still out there that #1. is big enough for what we need against the NT's of the AFCN and #2. is worth more than a shiney piece of crap ?? I can't think of one off the top. That being said, at this point, it wouldn't suprise me to see them with a rookie starting at Center this season. It doesn't wow me, but the thought of Ghiaciuc makes me want to punch an old lady.

No, I'm not advocating violence against women, so release the death grip on your panties already...

i like what the bengals have done, not the norm. they have thrown out the trash, i do not mean tj, but i think we had to split him and chad up. keep the players they should have benson and crocker, the lb's and shane. got a good FA that we did not have to over pay. when coles referred to carson calling him and saying this

"It's very rare a quarterback gives you a call and tells you how confident he is in his abilities and how accurate he is and how he thinks he can make you better. Anytime you have a guy with that type of confidence, you have to really, really be open to being somebody around him."

really put a smile on my face, now don't get me wrong there is still alot of work to be done, but these are very creditable steps for this team to take.