I will give the team some credit

HoTbOy

With TJ still on the market, as well a CBenson maybe the Bengals are doing the right thing this time...I just heard on NFL Network that DWard is trying to get 3mil a year from the Giants, and they are not biting so with these players still available maybe they think more of themselves than the other 31 teams...I know that I for one thought that at least TJ would be signed by now, so while we may have to overpay for quality FA's, I will give the team some credit for not doing it with these 3...

With TJ still on the market, as well a CBenson maybe the Bengals are doing the right thing this time...I just heard on NFL Network that DWard is trying to get 3mil a year from the Giants, and they are not biting so with these players still available maybe they think more of themselves than the other 31 teams...I know that I for one thought that at least TJ would be signed by now, so while we may have to overpay for quality FA's, I will give the team some credit for not doing it with these 3...

Nobody wants to pay 10 mill for a possession, un-proven, 32 year-old receiver.

There are plenty of people on this site (I'm not one of them) that have no issues with that number...

10 million! that's what fitzgerald makes. :huh: all those who think tj is as good as fitzgerald raise your hand. *hand absolutely not raised*

wasn't the tag in the range of 9.5?

10 million! that's what fitzgerald makes. huh.gif all those who think tj is as good as fitzgerald raise your hand. *hand absolutely not raised*

Because you make as much as a elite player doesn't mean your better but available....Nate Clements wasn't the best corner when he signed one of the best contracts for a defensive player....But it was because he was "available" TJ may not be as good as Fitz but he's on the market and fitz isn't...

PS,I agree 10million a year is too much I think the 5year 35 million is more then fair if he doesn't want it let him walk.

10 million! that's what fitzgerald makes. huh.gif all those who think tj is as good as fitzgerald raise your hand. *hand absolutely not raised*

Because you make as much as a elite player doesn't mean your better but available....Nate Clements wasn't the best corner when he signed one of the best contracts for a defensive player....But it was because he was "available" TJ may not be as good as Fitz but he's on the market and fitz isn't...

PS,I agree 10million a year is too much I think the 5year 35 million is more then fair if he doesn't want it let him walk.

Here is a site that has all the franchise prices per position:

Franchise per position

WR - $9.84 Mil

$10 mill too much! That is too little.

Heck, if Ward is only asking 3 mil per, and Benson's value should be less than Ward's sign them both for 6 mil. That would keep them both fresh, give us a more explosive guy in Ward and a strong guy in Benson.

If Ward is only asking three million a year I don't know why the hell he isn't a Bengal right now!

If Ward is only asking three million a year I don't know why the hell he isn't a Bengal right now!

Beacause he wants a long-term deal paying 3 million per, not a one-year "prove it again" deal that puts him back on the market one year later and one year older. Furthermore, I'm guessing if he doesn't get what he's looking for he knows he's best served returning to the Giants.

There are plenty of people on this site (I'm not one of them) that have no issues with that number...

How does not Franchising T.J. for over 2.5 million more per season than what he got from Seattle sound to people now? Keep in mind that the Seattle deal is the best he was offered out of 31 teams, and he admitted he'll be a #2 at best next season, according to the official site. In hindsight, would Bengals fans still be happy if we overpayed him that much for one year (knowing that he'd walk the next)?

As I said before, sometimes it's the moves you don't make. The Bengals are not Super Bowl contenders, at this point.