Marvin talking about the 3-4

icehole3

Anyone catch that line about Benson? That pisses me off. You know they tried to lowball him. This is why we're doomed again. Poor Palmer. Poor Marv for that matter. I hate Mike Brown. Every season he makes the decisions I feel it puts us at 10 guys on the field. So sick of it.

I am not remotely convinced there is going to be a large market for Benson. His last off-season will be on a lot of team's minds. I think the Bengals can still get him, and won't have to overpay to do it.

Hope you're right.

And they have plenty of $ to pay him or match.

But as stated above, not so sure he's even interested in coming back here, if he has other similar offers/situations.

I just wish the Bengals' had a plan going into a draft for once, with their own FA's.

Anyone catch that line about Benson? That pisses me off. You know they tried to lowball him. This is why we're doomed again. Poor Palmer. Poor Marv for that matter. I hate Mike Brown. Every season he makes the decisions I feel it puts us at 10 guys on the field. So sick of it.

I am not remotely convinced there is going to be a large market for Benson. His last off-season will be on a lot of team's minds. I think the Bengals can still get him, and won't have to overpay to do it.

Hope you're right.

And they have plenty of $ to pay him or match.

But as stated above, not so sure he's even interested in coming back here, if he has other similar offers/situations.

I just wish the Bengals' had a plan going into a draft for once, with their own FA's.

Why didn't the Bengals push for at least 2-year deals when they signed Benson and Crocker? Instead, they sign Henry for 2 years.

Right now, Ward and Benson are the top 2 UFA running backs available and Benson is 3 years younger than Ward. With the way teams are using the Franchise Tag, maybe the Bengals should've Franchised Ced instead of Shayne.

It's going to take at least 4-5 million per to get him back in Cincy, at this point. Maybe Fred Taylor will be a good stop gap for a year or two.

I don't think there will be a large market for any RB, but Benson still looks like as good an option as any back in FA. Furthermore, as popular as it's become to dismiss the level of interest teams will have in Benson due to his past trangressions I can't help wondering why Benson would be willing to return to THIS franchise if he receives a comparable offer.

You may be right about Benson being the best option in free agency (now that Sproles is out of reach). And you may be right about the other part, whether he would return here or not. But I still bet that the dollars to get him will end up being less than a franchise tag. Whether it is Cincy or some other team.

I guess the question then is whether the Bengals should have franchised him. I would not have, but, hey, I've been wrong plenty in the past. If he ends up leaving and the team does not replace him through FA or the draft and the running game suffers again, I will def be on the wrong side of this.