Graham Tagged

HAPPYJAQ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, a back-up lineman (Andrews) was tagged last year, now a kicker. Are any of these positions,” Franchise Positions?”

Does Bengals ownership have a clue how to run an NFL Team?

Graham might be the most accurate kicker in Bengals history, but he has shown that he can't make a field goal in the clutch (See 06' Pittsburgh and 08' Eagles games).

What team has actually put a Franchise Tag on their kicker? Does anyone know?

How is this a bad move?

The franchise tag is not a good thing for a team to have to use. The main reason is the huge salary cap hit a team must absorb. If you can keep a key player and only cost $2.5 million, that's a no-brainer. Being forced to pay $10 million (and take a $10 million salary cap hit) to a possession WR who averages about 8 yards a catch would have been stupid.

And who is the idiot who suggested this means graham is gone after ths year? Exactly the opposite. It means he is more likely to agree to a long term deal before the season.

How is this a bad move?

The franchise tag is not a good thing for a team to have to use. The main reason is the huge salary cap hit a team must absorb. If you can keep a key player and only cost $2.5 million, that's a no-brainer. Being forced to pay $10 million (and take a $10 million salary cap hit) to a possession WR who averages about 8 yards a catch would have been stupid.

And who is the idiot who suggested this means graham is gone after ths year? Exactly the opposite. It means he is more likely to agree to a long term deal before the season.

:o

I'm speechless... .

Good. Stupid people should keep their mouths shut as much as possible.

Agreed.

Graham is able to get us points in games (i think he got us 12 in one game this or last season) and TJ may be good but well see how great he is when he's on the vikings or seahawks and has no chad ocho cinco to absorb the double team.

The Bengals just saved about 7 million today in not Franchising T.J. and retained one of the best kickers in the game. You have to have a good kicker in the physical AFC North, where 3 points can win or lose a game.

If we sign T.J., we lose Shayne and probably Benson, otherwise we lose the ability to bring in an impact player through Free Agency.

The Bengals just saved about 7 million today in not Franchising T.J. and retained one of the best kickers in the game. You have to have a good kicker in the physical AFC North, where 3 points can win or lose a game.

If we sign T.J., we lose Shayne and probably Benson, otherwise we lose the ability to bring in an impact player through Free Agency.

GOODBYE TJ hello Jason Brown.....This was a great move by the Bengals, I am so happy we didn't tag TJ.

Absolute Boobery! It's so bad that Joe Pong thinks it's good. Unless they prove themselves to be clutch, Kickers are a dime a dozen. I like Opie as much as the next guy, but the jury is still out on clutch. In fact, there is evidence to suggest otherwise. Here's a concept. If you like your kicker, offer him a reasonable four year deal.

It would be o.k. if Brown had a plan. But, we all know he doesn't. He just slaps the franchise tag on one guy every year that he is not intelligent enough to sign.

Say what you want about TJ, but he shows up to play every day. So, now we are stuck waiting for the ticking mouth bomb to go off. Carson needs to get the he!! out of this damn town!

Absolute Boobery! It's so bad that Joe Pong thinks it's good. Unless they prove themselves to be clutch, Kickers are a dime a dozen. I like Opie as much as the next guy, but the jury is still out on clutch. In fact, there is evidence to suggest otherwise. Here's a concept. If you like your kicker, offer him a reasonable four year deal.

It would be o.k. if Brown had a plan. But, we all know he doesn't. He just slaps the franchise tag on one guy every year that he is not intelligent enough to sign.

Say what you want about TJ, but he shows up to play every day. So, now we are stuck waiting for the ticking mouth bomb to go off. Carson needs to get the he!! out of this damn town!

That may be so, to bad he is signed through 2015. He isn't going anywhere.....hahahaha

Don't the Bengals have enough holes to fill? Shayne is just one more we don't need right now. His franchise cost is low and its evident there was no one else they considered tagging.

Bengals are funny though with last year's tag of a guy who had never been the starter and this years to a kicker. Paul Brown continues to spin faster and faster wherever he's at.

First, a back-up lineman (Andrews) was tagged last year, now a kicker. Are any of these positions,” Franchise Positions?”

Graham might be the most accurate kicker in Bengals history, but he has shown that he can't make a field goal in the clutch (See 06' Pittsburgh and 08' Eagles games).

the patriots tagged vinatieri TWICE, i'd say they're a pretty good organization

I'm just happy it wasn't used on TJ. Sign Graham long term and it's good. Draft an impact player on defnsive front 7 and offensive linemen to go along with (please dear God let it happen) resigning Benson and picking up Brown and an actual FB in FA. Hell, maybe we even pick up that punter a couple of people on here want and we can jettison Larson.

Yes, you are correct. The Patriots did indeed tag the most clutch kicker in the history of the NFL. The Bengals tagged the latest guy that they had no idea how to sign.

And yet another great player talks his way out of town, because he is tired of the losing culture created and maintained by the WORST OWNER IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

Yes, you are correct. The Patriots did indeed tag the most clutch kicker in the history of the NFL. The Bengals tagged the latest guy that they had no idea how to sign.

And yet another great player talks his way out of town, because he is tired of the losing culture created and maintained by the WORST OWNER IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

I do agree with you that Mike is a horrible owner, but TJ is leaving because he is old and replaceable. You think if he was 26 he would be leaving? I DONT THINK SO. He is going to be 32 which is older for a possession receiver and way to old for a guy that wants 9 mil a year.