Dont want to start this again but thought I would post

mgilgris

ROSENHAUS E-MAIL CAUSES STIR

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 11, 2009, 8:56 p.m.

The Giants are not happy with Drew Rosenhaus after the agent sent an e-mail to the league earlier this week, suggesting that Plaxico Burress was on the trading block.

Sources tell Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger that Rosenhaus contacted all 32 teams, telling them that three wide receivers he represents — Burress, Anquan Boldin and Chad Johnson — could be acquired via trade.

The e-mail also reportedly included Rosenhaus’ free-agent and draft-eligible clients.

A front-office person who received the e-mail told Garafolo that New York assistant general manager Kevin Abrams contacted teams and told them the Giants had not authorized Rosenhaus to seek a trade for Burress. Abrams reportedly said any inquiries about Burress’ availability would be considered tampering.

His message apparently got through because another source told Garafolo that Rosenhaus sent a second e-mail yesterday, saying he did not have permission to seek a trade for Burress, Boldin or Johnson.

Burress, of course, still has legal issues to deal with before he or anyone else can determine where and if he’ll be playing next season.

But they will bother. Dignity and pro sports don't go together. Chad isn't going anywhere though. The only man with less dignity or common sense is Mikey and I kinda appreciate that in this instance.

No-one, I mean no-one, out-douches Mikey.

Plaxico will float to the surface like most turds and play somewhere next season most likely. "The Q" will no doubt get a rindonkulous sum of money from the Cards or even more ridonkulous sum of money from a new team.

They might be me first, pampered, preening, self-serving pricks but they how to handle their balls. /swish

Boldin has said he doesn't WANT to be in Arizona, regardless of their willingness to take another look at his contract. They don't have to even do that, so he finds himself in the same position Chad did last year... Up sh*t creek and no damn paddles !!!

:lol: My heart bleeds for him. Here's another few million in the bank Q. Go blow your f**king nose with a hundred dollar bill. Cry me a river.

I guess hope springs eternal.

***Rosenwhore 2008:

Mr. Snyder? Yeah, I can get the Bengals to trade you Chad Johnson. Cost you a 1st and a 2nd and a contract extension. Really? We have a deal? OK.

Hey Mikey? I can get you a 1st and a 2nd for Chad. Crazy, huh? What do you mean, no? But Chad will pout! He'll cry! He'll retire! Just take the picks, for God's sake. Really, Mike, this is stupid. I wouldn't trade a 1st and a 2nd for Chad, and I'm his damned agent. Seriously, are you nuts? I bet if somebody offered you their entire draft for Chad, you'd be too dumb to take it. Wait, you already turned that down? Good God.

***Rosenwhore 2009:

Hey Jerry? It's Drew. Man, it's really a buyer's market for receivers and I know you love 'em. I can get you Boldin, Burress, or Chad. Huh? Yeah, the Cards will trade Boldin. They're just bluffing, everyone knows what happens when you go through the year with a WR on PMS. Yup, Giants want Burress gone and that gunshot wound is healing great. Chad? No, Chad was playing reverse psychology when he said he wanted to stay in Cincinnati now. Really, we're just planning his next move, and it's big. Way bigger than situps in his driveway. Even Mikey's not dumb enough to go through that two years in a row.

Hey Jerry? It's Drew again. Remember when I said I could get you Boldin, Burress, or Chad? Forget I said anything. The Giants seem to want to keep a WR with a hole in his leg. Yep, stupid. By the way, what the hell is tampering? Jerry Reese was all bent out of shape about it.

By the way, what the hell is tampering? Jerry Reese was all bent out of shape about it.

It's funny, but as I understand things Drew isn't tampering. Rather, he's soliciting....looking for a team willing to engage in the type of low level back door tampering the NFL acknowledges with a wink and a nod, but does nothing about.

(((shrug)))

Forget Drew. I'm still waiting for an official explanation of why the Redskins weren't guilty of tampering last season. Remember, the same trade rumors about what was offered (later confirmed) also claimed the Redskins had agreed in principle to new contract terms for Chad. So how is that not tampering?

EXACTLY... That was all sorts of tampering, but nothing from the league. Unreal how full of sh*t they are !!!

Bottom line is, Drew doesn't get paid unless he brokers a new deal for his clients. The easiest way to do that is through trades. It was also reported that he listed the names of every free agent and projected draft pick he represents, as well.

With T.J. gone, Chad stays. I would be OK with the Bengals trading Chad (and I would even be OK with, say, a 2nd and 3rd for him), but I don't see the Bengals wanting to go to camp with Henry and Caldwell as the #1 and #2 receivers.

Which brings me back to T.J. If the Bengals are thinking they are not going to be able to afford him (per NFL Network), why didn't they trade him when they were 0-4 and no real shot at the playoffs to the Seahawks, Raiders, Bucs, Chargers or Niners?

Well, you have to keep in mind that the Bengals are viewing Simpson as the future and project him to have a BIG year. So you would be looking at Simpson, Henry, and Caldwell. I know this might sound crazy, but I'm almost ok with that if they were to be there throughout all camps and develop a timing with Carson. Heck, if you are that concerned and we pick up additional picks, take another WR in the first couple rounds.

There wasn't a real reason to trade TJ at that point, at least from my perspective and they know if he walks you can bank on a comp 3rd, minus what we may sign in free agency. I just don't see some of those teams as wanting to part with picks when some are in the rebuilding phase as well.

By the way, what the hell is tampering? Jerry Reese was all bent out of shape about it.

It's funny, but as I understand things Drew isn't tampering. Rather, he's soliciting....looking for a team willing to engage in the type of low level back door tampering the NFL acknowledges with a wink and a nod, but does nothing about.

That's correct. As the slimy little b*stard points out, under the current rules he's totally in the clear. However, any success in the approach requires him to have a partner who's willing to break the rules, which takes subtlety. Unfortunately, subtlety has never been part of Rosenwhore's game, and this is getting a little too aggressive for the old "wink and a nod" approach. Now that he has the attention of a few GMs, I don't see it going anywhere. He overplayed his hand.

As you allude to in a later post, I don't have any idea why Mike Brown didn't cry "Tampering!" last year with the Skins although maybe he did away from the media. The interesting question is, who tipped off the Giants this time around? Are teams sick enough of Rosenwhore's crap that they're helping each other? My feeling is that teams will so be paranoid of agents starting crap with their players that they will keep a close eye on this sort of thing for the next couple of years. I think the days of back-door tampering will be over for a while.

PFT speculates that this tampering loophole might get closed as part of the next CBA, and I'd have to agree. It makes no frigging sense when tampering is a one-way street and the agents (which means the players) have no accountability. Though I have read speculation about whether these sorts of actions constitute conduct detrimental to the team, for a player under contract to be shopping himself.

In any event, I like having Rosenwhore around, he makes the long, dry offseason more interesting. Good entertainment.

Bottom line is, Drew doesn't get paid unless he brokers a new deal for his clients. The easiest way to do that is through trades. It was also reported that he listed the names of every free agent and projected draft pick he represents, as well.

With T.J. gone, Chad stays. I would be OK with the Bengals trading Chad (and I would even be OK with, say, a 2nd and 3rd for him), but I don't see the Bengals wanting to go to camp with Henry and Caldwell as the #1 and #2 receivers.

Which brings me back to T.J. If the Bengals are thinking they are not going to be able to afford him (per NFL Network), why didn't they trade him when they were 0-4 and no real shot at the playoffs to the Seahawks, Raiders, Bucs, Chargers or Niners?

I can think of a couple of reasons why they wouldn't trade him...or one reason with a lot of points of logic. Did any of those teams, or any team, want TJ at that point? But for the Chargers and Bucs, those other teams you name had no shot at playoffs either. Why trade for a good number two guy, but unproven as a number one guy, when his contract expires at the end of the season, and he would no doubt want big bucks to come back, when he doesn't get you to the postseason? The Dodgers did it for Manny and it actually got them over the hump to the playoffs, but look where they are now.

The Bucs don't necessarily have their QB issue solved permanently enough to put the investment in an unproven number one receiver, so how much good would that trade have done them in the long run?

The Chargers didn't really need TJ, as their receiving corps wasn't really the issue. Injuries depleted their defense. Once they get that situation, and the LT thing straightened out, would TJ have been worth the cost in terms of draft picks and future contract?

I think TJ's biggest issue will be that he will want more money than his proven worth. That said, I think if Bolden bolts Arizona, TJ would fit in perfectly with Fitz with the same or maybe slightly lower contract costs than Bolden will want to stay. If Bolden walks, signing TJ might be a good way to lure Warner to stay. That would help that offense stay tight, once Arizona figures out the running back issue.

These are all random thoughts just off the top of my head. Some of you may disagree and I'd love to hear the counterarguments.

I think TJ's biggest issue will be that he will want more money than his proven worth.

I have to disagree here, based on what quotes I have read from TJ.

He wants out of here at all costs.

He has no intention whatsoever of resigning with Cincinnati at any price.

He is praying that they don't tag them.

He will take less money to sign with a perennial playoff contender.

At this point in his career he wants a ring and one more nice 3 to 4 year contract.

He is smart too. He is acting like the lines of communication are open so that the Bengals don't just tag him right away. And he is hoping that when free agency finally gets here, they will just let him walk.

I don't see that happening. Once the Bengals realize that TJ is just jerking them around, I think they tag him since he has no intention of resigning here. Man that is going to make him mad. Like a guy just about to get out of jail, then they tell him at the last minute that he still has to do another year.

Man, TJ is going to be mad. At first he will sit out. Then when he finally does report, his production will fall off because he will be walking on eggshells, trying not to get hurt before that big contract. Then of course, he will get hurt and will miss the rest of the season. The Bengals will let him go at that point and he will sign a modest 3 year deal with a team he deems to be playoff contenders, and TJ will ride off into the sunset.

Prove me wrong, JUST ONCE Bengals. I hate being right about this crap time and time again.

I'll play devils advocate by asking my own question. What was the Bengals incentive to trade?

The Bengals desire to keep TJ long-term has never wavered, right? In fact, if a fair contract agreement can be reached they'd happily ink a new deal today. So why consider any trade that would have ended that relationship prematurely?

Furthermore, what would the Bengals get in return? A 2nd rounder? Or a conditional 3rd? Well isn't that roughly equal in value to the the 3rd round compensation pick they're almost guaranteed to get next year?

Sweety, you know a *real* 2nd or 3rd round pick is better than a comp pick, because the comp picks come at the end of the round (think of a r3 comp pick as occurring in round three and a half) and there is no absolute guarentee we'd get a 3rd round comp pick, particularly if we also sign a high priced free agent (she-yeah, right, but hey, but we did sign Odom last year)

a 2nd/3rd round pick in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

or something like that

extending this thought - if we do let TJ walk, it'd be the smart thing to do to NOT sign any notable free agents, to ENSURE we DO get that round 3.5 comp pick.

that said, Son of Genius is in charge, so I don't expect "the smart thing" to be what actually occurs

i disagree jackson, signing a guy like j. brown to a big contract that may cancel out tj's leaving is way better than hoping the mysterious comp pick formula gives you a chance to pick a guy, basically, at the top of round 4.

by signing brown we are getting a known quantity, while a 3rd round comp is still a crap shoot

Sweety, you know a *real* 2nd or 3rd round pick is better than a comp pick,

As per usual you're not telling me anything I didn't already know. In fact, after checking what I wrote I'm still comfortable claiming the comp pick "almost guarantees" the Bengals will receive compensation that is "roughly equal" to the trade value Housh would have netted last season.....or for that matter, now.

And again, a trade would have dictated the loss of Housh last season and ended all hope of a long-term deal.

I think TJ's biggest issue will be that he will want more money than his proven worth.

I have to disagree here, based on what quotes I have read from TJ.

He wants out of here at all costs.

He has no intention whatsoever of resigning with Cincinnati at any price.

He is praying that they don't tag them.

He will take less money to sign with a perennial playoff contender.

At this point in his career he wants a ring and one more nice 3 to 4 year contract.

You might be right. We've never confronted this issue with TJ. What will be his priority? Most go for the money. Will he be any different, or is winning worth sacrificing a few bucks? I guess we'll see (either this year or next).

He's soon to be 32 years old, which is ancient for an NFL WR.

He realizes that this is his last chance for a big contract, as teams typically don't like to pay WR's on the wrong side of 30.

Winning is not as important to him as it may appear. Otherwise, why would he even consider re-signing with the Bengals, who are clearly in rebuilding mode? Or, he could be following Warren Sapp's lead in hoping the Bengals drive his price tag to help him in his negotiations with other teams.

Either way, let him go, save the 7-10 million it'll take to sign him, collect the 3rd round pick in 2010 (which will be crucial for the Bengals in an uncapped season) and sign Jason Brown to help stabilize the OL and fill the biggest hole on the team since '05 at Center. Fans should realize that, while T.J. has been a good player for the Bengals, he is not a Franchise player and WR's are a dime a dozen.....especially when you have a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Sweety, you know a *real* 2nd or 3rd round pick is better than a comp pick

after checking what I wrote I'm still comfortable claiming the comp pick "almost guarantees" the Bengals will receive compensation that is "roughly equal" to the trade value Housh would have netted last season.....or for that matter, now.

Sweetheart, no. Just no.

In order to get that "almost guarentee" of which you speak, the Bengals would have to make sure they signed *zero* big name free agents

Including but not limited to any of the talented FA centers or defenders that are frequently in discussion here of late

What I am saying is that a guarenteed 2nd or third rounder (from a trade) this year would be MUCH better than hoping/praying for a possible round 3.5 compensatory pick. It's simply not roughly equal.

But.....I doubt any of this will convince you otherwise.

Do we need any milk or bread while I'm out?

Sweety, you know a *real* 2nd or 3rd round pick is better than a comp pick

after checking what I wrote I'm still comfortable claiming the comp pick "almost guarantees" the Bengals will receive compensation that is "roughly equal" to the trade value Housh would have netted last season.....or for that matter, now.

Sweetheart, no. Just no.

In order to get that "almost guarentee" of which you speak, the Bengals would have to make sure they signed *zero* big name free agents

Including but not limited to any of the talented FA centers or defenders that are frequently in discussion here of late

What I am saying is that a guarenteed 2nd or third rounder (from a trade) this year would be MUCH better than hoping/praying for a possible round 3.5 compensatory pick. It's simply not roughly equal.

But.....I doubt any of this will convince you otherwise.

Do we need any milk or bread while I'm out?

i certainly agree that a trade would bring a pick that would be definite and surely higher than the potential comp pick, but i'm not sure how this relates to not signing jason brown.

i don't really want any of the other free agents out there, if no brown, then re-sign our own and call it day. most of the other free agents are either mediocre or old, and would command much more than they are worth, and most are both mediocre and old.

so if you could explain to me what the connection between signing a young, capable center and trading tj is, it would be greatly appreciated.