Remembering a better time

walzav29

OK. We're doomed until Mike Brown retires, but if we're still here we aren't going to leave. Since this is the 20 year anniversary of the 88 season and I just watched the NFL Missing Ring on that season. I have a few questions since I don't live in Cincy and the internet wasn't around then. WHy did Ickey switch his number to 30? When did the city start thinking the Bengals were for real? I remember after the Eagles game I thought 2-0 was something. How bad was Cincy feeling in 87? I'm still mad about the Montana play. We've got nothing else to talk about until after the season.

I don't think people in Cincy started believing in the Bengals until they were 8-0. Then Orange Crush cans followed, new Who Dey Beer, and street side vendors in all the surrounding cities selling T-shirts. When you mention the Montana play in 87 I assume you are talking about the last second TD pass to Rice? I can remember being SOOO mad that Wyche ordered James Brooks to just run around and try to waste the clock on 4th down instead of just punting...all he had to do is let the punter kick it as hard as he could out of the endzone. Ahhh...fond memories.

I don't think people in Cincy started believing in the Bengals until they were 8-0. Then Orange Crush cans followed, new Who Dey Beer, and street side vendors in all the surrounding cities selling T-shirts. When you mention the Montana play in 87 I assume you are talking about the last second TD pass to Rice? I can remember being SOOO mad that Wyche ordered James Brooks to just run around and try to waste the clock on 4th down instead of just punting...all he had to do is let the punter kick it as hard as he could out of the endzone. Ahhh...fond memories.

#1 The bengals started out 6-0!!!! #2 They should have snapped it to the punter and taken the safety.They started the play at there own 25!!!! 1988 is helping me survive this Ive been watching the entire 88 season over again Im in week 5.I still believe Boomer injured his arm towards the end of that season,typical bengal luck!!!!