Ben Utecht going to the IR?

Kazkal

NJURY UPDATE: Tight end Ben Utecht could be the 22nd on IR. He suffered the same injury -- a tear in the bottom of the foot where the arch is supported -- that has cost safety Chinedum Ndukwe the last three games. Ndukwe could be back, Lewis said, but the team may have to go get a safety to replace White. Lewis said it would use the roster spot.

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh got a slight Hall of Fame concussion after his brush with Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis during his sideline block but Marvin Lewis indicated he'd be OK for the Colts.

The league's IR stats are a little bit blurry. Here is the count Monday night from the Elias Sports Bureau, which doesn't count players that have been waived off the roster: The Bengals lead with 15, the Ravens and Saints have 14, the Patriots have 11 and many have 10.

22players? though I know some of them wouldn't end up on the IR had we been better then 1-10-1 but this is still freaking ridicules,What other team has had this many injury problems in the past 3 or 4 seasons? I highly doubt any : /

Note the other teams on that list and how they are doing this season.

Some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses.

Being the fact that Carson is pretty much IR'd even though not on the that's 7 more players then anyone else which is pretty bad.

But not the reason why were losing since we did start 0-4 before the injurys started flowing in.

Note the other teams on that list and how they are doing this season.

Some teams find a way, other teams find a way to make excuses.

Being the fact that Carson is pretty much IR'd even though not on the that's 7 more players then anyone else which is pretty bad.

But not the reason why were losing since we did start 0-4 before the injurys started flowing in.

This season of nonsense from Marvin and Mike Brown is more than I can take. With those guys failure is always an option and requires little in response. This team is very far away from contention even if they could have 2 straight great draft years. Carson Palmer will be 30 before the rebuilding could come close to bearing fruit. When will he go public with a trade demand? His elbow problems are a natural way to demand a trade. He could claim the Bengal's medical staff blew the diagnosis and treatment. Imagine Carson and Ocho going public together demanding a trade? Once again, the Bengals could be more interesting off the field than on the field.

22players? though I know some of them wouldn't end up on the IR had we been better then 1-10-1 but this is still freaking ridicules,What other team has had this many injury problems in the past 3 or 4 seasons? I highly doubt any : /

It truly is a bizarre outbreak of ill health down at PBS. We sucked before the injuries, though. The most fascinating case study to me is Willie. He couldn't do s**t last year, could barely play on that foot. Then he could hardly practice this year, seemingly couldn't put forth on-field effort of any kind.

Then we unload him, which I think was reasonable in light of his aforementioned inability to deal with his f**ked up foot.

Then the Ravens pick him up, and he suddenly can play a few plays, then a few more, then he can play whole games.

Did Willie just take a really long time to heal? Did finding himself in an environment that doesn't indulge injured players (the Bengals do indulge such players, Chris Perry is living proof), suddenly motivate Willie to play through the same pain that kept him sidelined in Cincinnati?

Or did our medical staff, as Willie claims, misdiagnose the foot injury all along to the detriment of Willie and our team?

While Mike Brown assured us that the Bengals are trying to uncover the reason for our injuries, I doubt anyone will produce a report that states Mike's Father Flanagan personality invites pro athletes to take advantage of him.

Did finding himself in an environment that doesn't indulge injured players (the Bengals do indulge such players, Chris Perry is living proof), suddenly motivate Willie to play through the same pain that kept him sidelined in Cincinnati?

Ask Levi Jones, Peter Warrick, Big Willie, Carson, and a holy host of others how "indulged" they feel about the Bengals handling of their injuries. Chris "Sports Hernia" Perry might have a few words for you there too... :huh:

Or did our medical staff, as Willie claims, misdiagnose the foot injury all along to the detriment of Willie and our team?

Ding.

Does anyone know if Mikey and the Bungles pay the medical staff, or do the good ortho-pods 'contribute' their services for the endorsements? Knowing our frugal owner, I would guess the latter - but can't find any documentation on it one way or the other...

Just asking...

Ask Levi Jones, Peter Warrick, Big Willie, Carson, and a holy host of others how "indulged" they feel about the Bengals handling of their injuries. Chris "Sports Hernia" Perry might have a few words for you there too... :huh:

By indulged I don't mean the quality of the medical care. I mean management's blase' attitude towards guys getting hurt and missing long periods of play. Some organizations, for instance any one that Bill Parcells has been part of, won't keep injury prone guys around. If you are depth, you get an injury settlement and you are gone. If you don't get cut, Parcells doesn't even want injured players hanging around the healthy guys on the team. On the Bengals, we indulge injured players by keeping roster spots open for them, and nursing them along even when they repeatedly get injured.

By indulged I don't mean the quality of the medical care. I mean management's blase' attitude towards guys getting hurt and missing long periods of play. Some organizations, for instance any one that Bill Parcells has been part of, won't keep injury prone guys around. If you are depth, you get an injury settlement and you are gone. If you don't get cut, Parcells doesn't even want injured players hanging around the healthy guys on the team. On the Bengals, we indulge injured players by keeping roster spots open for them, and nursing them along even when they repeatedly get injured.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I've noticed for years that some of the same guys keep getting hurt but yet are depended on for the next season every year as well. Chris Perry? Can't every stay healthy so lets make him the starting running back. Willie Anderson and Levi Jones always gimping on one leg? Give em fat contract extensions. Hell David Pollack had a broken neck and SOP was apparently counting on him to be a starting linebacker.

It dawned on me that a lot of these guys the Bengals pick up had injury problems in college as well. Such high draft picks as Kenny Irons, Kelly Washington, Caleb Miller, and Landon Johnson who surprise, surprise could hardly stay healthy in the pros.

If you build a team around players who can't stay on the field you get a team that can't win on the field.