Lewis: This will be the low point

BengalszoneBilly

What was your first clue Marvin? <_<

Lewis: This will be the low point

by MarkCurnutte at 11/30/2008 4:35 PM EST

Without going into specifics, though asked what gives him confidence, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said this afternoon after the 34-3 loss to Baltimore that the future is brighter for the Bengals.

"Our football team won't have to go through another season like this -- nor will our fans," Lewis said.

Also, he said, "I got my butt kicked."

The Bengals are now 1-10-1, the 16th double-digit loss season in 41 years as a franchise.

The Bengals, in losing 34-3, have been outscored 310-151 this season.

The three points were a season single-game low, and they also scored just six at Houston and seven against Tennessee.

In the Ravens locker room, several members of the Cincinnati-based media talked with former Bengals offensive lineman Willie Anderson.

"Hurry up, Willie," a teammate yelled in fun at Anderson, who was still wearing his uniform pants and cleats, "we've got a plane to catch."

As far as your statement of "Our football team won't have to go through another season like this -- nor will our fans," I just ain't buying it. My trust in you and in what you say or do evaporated many moons ago. If you had an ounce of self respect you'd resign immediately. We all know you'll never do squat working for Mike Brown. :angry:

I mean you have to think the odds are pretty much in his favor that things can't get worse than they already are. So in that aspect, he's absolutely right. In the real world of wins and losses though, it's more of the same sh*t sandwich us fans are continually expected to keep eating from !!! Anyone taste something nutty in that ??

I don't know what the TV showed,but the stadium was only 35-40% full at most.

I am taking my wife to the Redskins game,as she is a fan of them.I gave away the KC tickets,so in two weeks the last energy I will waste on this pathetic franchise will be over for the season,and possibly for next year.It's hard to justify lining that fat bastard's pockets when money is tight and I have a baby on the way.