Sounds like Big Shirley will play some this year

icehole3

Sounds like Marvin will finally... finally start playing Big Shirley.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7313

Marvin is now on record saying a youth movement is in affect. A little late to the party pal, but he finally got there. Problem is, given the way this club is going, at least one of the promising rookies or 1 year guys will suffer a career ending injury.

I like the fact we are seeing some of the young guys getting some playing time. Shirley is actually one of the guys that I've wanted to see the most. He's a really big guy and putting him in there with either Peko and what we've seen from Sims could be very interesting. I will keep saying it but, I would rather suffer now at 1-9-1 and see what we have than to have to try to figure it out in training camp AFTER we've drafted new players.

If Shirley can't get the d tackle technique down enough to get on the field, I say stand him up on passing downs as a d end and let him bull rush. He's big enough and athletic enough that he can probably bull rush and do something rudimentary like a swim move. Just do something to get him in the game, but if he still can't take on a drive blocking nfl lineman do not put him in on first or second down.

If Shirley can't get the d tackle technique down enough to get on the field, I say stand him up on passing downs as a d end and let him bull rush. He's big enough and athletic enough that he can probably bull rush and do something rudimentary like a swim move. Just do something to get him in the game, but if he still can't take on a drive blocking nfl lineman do not put him in on first or second down.

Be no worse then what we had Justin do for 6 years ;)