Can we all agree, that Jonathan Joseph is a bust?

GregCook

Ecstatic over it? no but still shocked as hell we even did it for that one season.Do you think Belicheat,Cowher or coughlin? would be able to put out a winning season after winning season under the same circumstances ?Really doesn't matter the people who hate marvin lewis will continue to hate him just like repubs and democrats who hate the other side.the only way truly know his worth as a coach is how he follows up his career after...

PS,If it is Marvins fault and not mikey why is it that mikey will not get rid of him like a normal nfl owner would? O wait I forgot hes one of the worst owners with one of the worst front offices and staffs in the nfl my bad...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my two cents, even if Mikey picked every draft pick since Marvin's been here, it's still Marvin's job to get that player ready to play every Sunday. That hasn't been happening. I think we've all seen this team quit on Marvin the last couple of games. I don't know if that's his fault, or Mikey's because of undermining Marvin's authority. Either way you look at it, we need a new coach. They aren't playing for him anymore, and honestly, I don't think he's had control of this team since the playoff loss in '05.

As far as people defending Marvin's tenure in Baltimore, you have to remember that Ozzie Newsome, not Marvin, drafted the players there. Ozzie Newsome knows how to draft talent and he's been doing it well since he's been there. It's not like the Baltimore defense has suffered without Marvin. They've been good no matter who the coordinator is. Marvin just happened to reap the benefits of Newsome's drafting.

A bust? No. I agree with redsbengalsbucks about him. He ain't special either. Meh, sod it. Just a teeny weeny problem in the larger picture.

Doesn't mean Zimmer agrees with me, but he called out JJ today in print, by name. From the Hobson:

"Johnathan Joseph hasn't played very well in two weeks. He has to get going. I don't think (he's lost confidence), I just think he played bad. He needs to play good."

A bust? No. I agree with redsbengalsbucks about him. He ain't special either. Meh, sod it. Just a teeny weeny problem in the larger picture.

Doesn't mean Zimmer agrees with me, but he called out JJ today in print, by name. From the Hobson:

"Johnathan Joseph hasn't played very well in two weeks. He has to get going. I don't think (he's lost confidence), I just think he played bad. He needs to play good."

Good on him. So that's what a coach who gives a s**t sounds like! :D He's right definitely. However, the Franchise, nevermind the team, is a such a mess right now, any good performances we might get a whiff of in a game are an anomaly.

Not saying JJ is great or anything. Just not sure he's a bust.

Funny how during the preseason when everyone saw the defense playing a more aggressive style and more man coverage, MANY were calling for JJoe to have a probowl type season and now he's a bust. I'm not about to claim he's had a good past couple games or anything like that, but I'm not about to go on some tirade about him being a bust either... Amazing how losing changes perspective so quickly huh ??

Funny how during the preseason when everyone saw the defense playing a more aggressive style and more man coverage, MANY were calling for JJoe to have a probowl type season and now he's a bust. I'm not about to claim he's had a good past couple games or anything like that, but I'm not about to go on some tirade about him being a bust either... Amazing how losing changes perspective so quickly huh ??

Right? With a D-line that gets decent (not even great) pressure on the QB I think JJ and Hall can be very good corners for us for the best part of a decade, health permitting. As it is, a D with a few problems: no depth in some areas, iffy starters on the D-line and a youngish secondary lacking much experience, it's still an improvment. Amazing what a coach who doesn't phone it in can do. Very much a work in progress still but better, especially considering the all round suckiness of the team this year.

I haven't been a JJ fan since his rookie season. His problem isn't a sucky Dline, its lack of effort(Houston) and getting himself blocked out of plays(Dallas), particularly on run support. I think if we had a real good DLine that could harass a QB, JJ would look worse. Why? He'd have no excuse for getting beat, again its lack of effort that is his problem.

True losing changes perspective, especially when its 8 straight out of a 16 game schedule. You enter the season thinking the D would be improved. Now its obvious the defense lacks talent, lots of talent. As a sage said, Zimmer is taking a pig, putting some lipstick on it and calling her Angelina Jolie.

I hear what you are saying about D-line help, but that does not stop him from tackling once the WR makes the catch...Maybe bust is to harsh at this point but surely not up to the standards of being a #1 pick...He reminds me of TNewman of the Cowboys, supposed to this this great CB but never lived up to the hype...

If Joseph plays like his rookie season but with better hands I could live with his tackling skills...Alot of awesome cover coners are great tacklers just like skilled wide receivers aren't great blockers.

Can I get some luv on my new Sig?

Doesn't she make you want to strip down, put some gloves on, or not, and go a few rounds with her?

As the team became increasingly Marvin's guys, its become worse.

Marvin's guys? Do you honestly believe that Marvin would have Chad on this team? Chris Henry? Do you think he'd have kept Deltha until this year? I doubt Rudy would have been around for the '07 season if Marvin were calling the personnel shots.

This isn't Marvin's team. It's Mike Brown's team, and Marvin has thrown his hands in the air and surrendered.

There is nothing wrong with the guys Marvin wants on this team. The problem is the leadership provided by Mike's guys. In Baltimore Marvin had Stabby as a team leader. New guys came in and got the message: Play hard and leave your selfish bulls**t at the door.

Here, thanks to Mike's "favorite player" (to quote Marvin), new guys come in and get the message right away: It's all about you, do whatever you want to further your own interests, whatever they may be, and don't worry about the team because there will never be any reprisals from our coaches because the owner decides who is on this team.

I disagree with folks blaming Marvin. As if he's a bad coach, and all we have to do is hire a good coach and this whole thing will turn around. Wrong. As long as Mike and family usurp the authority of the head coach we'll be what we've been since Paul died. Losers.

Big ass AMEN from me!!! Awhile back when MB brought Henry back after ML said no he doesn't want him on the team, I posted here as well as others that MB just undermined and showed up his head coach... He lost all respect and support from me... Some ass clown came on here questioning our fandom and siting how he spent a day with his son wondering about life... WTF ever... I hope that fool is enjoying his football season... I know I am, my golf game is getting better every Sunday...

JJoe was NOWHERE near worn out today. I think they may have viewed him as a weak link based on last week, so they went after him.

Bad decision... JJoe came to play today !!!

Is it possible Joseph was helped out by pressure on the opposing QB? :blink:

JJoe was NOWHERE near worn out today. I think they may have viewed him as a weak link based on last week, so they went after him.

Bad decision... JJoe came to play today !!!

Is it possible Joseph was helped out by pressure on the opposing QB? :blink:

You just might be onto something here. Give me a couple of years and a million bucks to research this. Any data I find out about this "pressuring the quaterback" business will be passed onto the Bengals FO. Ya never know. It might, just might, turn out to be a useful defensive weapon. Probably not, it would probably have been looked into before if it was, but hey nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So, lemme get this straight, just so that I know how to spend my research funds effectively, not allowing the opposing QBs to drop back and allowing him to survey the field whilst growing a ZZ Top beard is good.

This could revolutionize the way the game is played.