Perspective

gregstephens

Everyone sit back and take a breath. Let's be objective. Leave the emotions and crazy thoughts (agreen) at home. Here's where our season REALLY is:

Un-win teams left in the NFL:

Houston Texans 0-4

Detroit Lions 0-4

St. Louis Rams 0-4

Cincinnati Bengals 0-5

Whoa...looks like we are not only in terrible company, suck-wise, but we are the first team in the NFL with 5 LOSSES!

The ONLY friggin' stat that matters.

Everyone sit back and take a breath. Let's be objective. Leave the emotions and crazy thoughts (agreen) at home. Here's where our season REALLY is:

Un-win teams left in the NFL:

Houston Texans 0-4

Detroit Lions 0-4

St. Louis Rams 0-4

Cincinnati Bengals 0-5

Whoa...looks like we are not only in terrible company, suck-wise, but we are the first team in the NFL with 5 LOSSES!

The ONLY friggin' stat that matters.

Look what the Tuna did in Miami after going 0-16 last year.

The good players are out there, what is missing is a organization to target them, draft them and train them to win.

The bottom line is that we're 0-5. That's horrible. BUT, we're in the second quarter of a four quarter season, there's still a lot of football to be played. It ain't over.

The good news is that we've got a team with guys like Housh, 85, and Palmer. Guys who are competitors that won't give up.

Not to sound like a complete homer but this team is much better than Seattle and Kansas City even though they have wins under their belts. Bad luck has prevented us from winning two of the games on our schedule (a hurricane against Tennesee and no Palmer vs Cleveland) and we have played two elite teams to the wire on the road, unfortunately we will likely end up in the 3-5 win category this season.

The bottom line is that we're 0-5. That's horrible. BUT, we're in the second quarter of a four quarter season, there's still a lot of football to be played. It ain't over.

What is not over? The season? True. Playoff hopes...oh those are absolutely gone. That's what the NFL is all about. No team to my knowledge has ever went to the playoffs after starting 0-5. We're a little deeper than the second quarter now...we're at about 33%. Go with a five hundred rest of the season and round up, we are a 6-10 team. Five hundred is generous given the schedule and the issues of the team.

Not to sound like a complete homer but this team is much better than Seattle and Kansas City even though they have wins under their belts. Bad luck has prevented us from winning two of the games on our schedule (a hurricane against Tennesee and no Palmer vs Cleveland) and we have played two elite teams to the wire on the road, unfortunately we will likely end up in the 3-5 win category this season.

I still think we are better than the Lions and Rams. I agree with a 4-5 win season.

What is not over? The season? True. Playoff hopes...oh those are absolutely gone. That's what the NFL is all about. No team to my knowledge has ever went to the playoffs after starting 0-5. We're a little deeper than the second quarter now...we're at about 33%. Go with a five hundred rest of the season and round up, we are a 6-10 team. Five hundred is generous given the schedule and the issues of the team.

There's 16 games total, 4 games a quarter. That's make our 6th game in the second quarter. There's plenty of time (games) to make up for our losses. This team isn't that bad and they showed it yesterday against one of the strongest teams in the NFC. A team that Vegas though would beat us by like 18 pts.

There's 16 games total, 4 games a quarter. That's make our 6th game in the second quarter. There's plenty of time (games) to make up for our losses. This team isn't that bad and they showed it yesterday against one of the strongest teams in the NFC. A team that Vegas though would beat us by like 18 pts.

'Agree to disagree' I guess, but at least you aren't contending we'll be playing ball in January.

'Agree to disagree' I guess, but at least you aren't contending we'll be playing ball in January.

Ok, based on your last post in the Cowboys game thread, apparently you are contending we'll be playing in January. I cried 'Uncle' there, I'm doing it here.

How can you disagree with me on this? Do your math. There are 16 games total. 16 / 4 = 4. 4 games a quarter. Keyshaun Johnson said the same thing about New England yesterday. This is a 4 quarter season.

How can you disagree with me on this? Do your math. There are 16 games total. 16 / 4 = 4. 4 games a quarter. Keyshaun Johnson said the same thing about New England yesterday. This is a 4 quarter season.

I'm not only not disagreeing with you on the 'second quarter' thing, I don't care about it. I don't care about it so much it hurts my brain with the vacuum of apathy. Call it second quarter or whatever you want. All I know is this season is one-third over right now. We have no wins. You think we're going to the play-offs. You think we don't suck. You think ML is a genius, SoP is the premiere owner in the league and Chris Henry is our saviour. I have plenty of things with which to disagree with you on. The 'second quarter' crap is far down on my list.

I'm not only not disagreeing with you on the 'second quarter' thing, I don't care about it. I don't care about it so much it hurts my brain with the vacuum of apathy. Call it second quarter or whatever you want. All I know is this season is one-third over right now. We have no wins. You think we're going to the play-offs. You think we don't suck. You think ML is a genius, SoP is the premiere owner in the league and Chris Henry is our saviour. I have plenty of things with which to disagree with you on. The 'second quarter' crap is far down on my list.

I didn't say I think we're going to the playoffs, I said I'm not giving up and that we still have a chance. We don't suck, that's a fact. Our record is horrible yes, but we are better than what our record shows. SoP is balls, he sucks. ML is still my coach. Chris Henry is my boy, I'm glad he's a Bengal.

I didn't say I think we're going to the playoffs, I said I'm not giving up and that we still have a chance. We don't suck, that's a fact. Our record is horrible yes, but we are better than what our record shows. SoP is balls, he sucks. ML is still my coach. Chris Henry is my boy, I'm glad he's a Bengal.

You need professional help. 0-5 sucks. This is the Bengals record, hence, THEY suck. Are they getting better? Yes. Do they still suck? Yes. Is this MB AND ML's fault? Yes. Chris Henry is stupid. Talented, but stupid. This team would be better off without him AND CJ.

Your right Ickey, we would be better off without Chad Ocho Loco. I mean, you seen the routes he was running on them DB's (Pacman) yesterday right? They were doing great in covering him one-on-one.

Your the brightest Bengals fan we have. SoP should hire you as GM. Ickeys first move, he'll cut Chad Johnson... I really enjoy getting a nice laugh out of your posts Ickey.

Yeah, he was running routes so great he only caught three balls. You're a f**king douchenozzle. Your stupidity is beyond laughable and you're ignorance is the only thing all Bengals fans here can agree on. Why don't you and your playoff predictions go to some other board because myself and everyone else here is tired of arguing with you over the same stuff. Dumbass.

Yeah, he was running routes so great he only caught three balls. You're a f**king douchenozzle. Your stupidity is beyond laughable and you're ignorance is the only thing all Bengals fans here can agree on. Why don't you and your playoff predictions go to some other board because myself and everyone else here is tired of arguing with you over the same stuff. Dumbass.

I'm sorry man but you just make yourself look worse with every post. Go back and watch the film. Chad was open ALL DAY. Even the announcers mentioned it. If you didn't see that then you weren't watching the game. I wouldn't doubt it.

Palmer has to do a better job of seeing the field. With Chad one-on-one on any DB, he should always be the #1 go to guy or checkdown.

I hope when the mods check your post that I reported, they aren't biased. You violated the rules.

I'm sorry man but you just make yourself look worse with every post. Go back and watch the film. Chad was open ALL DAY. Even the announcers mentioned it. If you didn't see that then you weren't watching the game. I wouldn't doubt it.

Palmer has to do a better job of seeing the field. With Chad one-on-one on any DB, he should always be the #1 go to guy or checkdown.

I hope when the mods check your post that I reported, they aren't biased. You violated the rules.

LMAO, you told on me?!?!? That's hilarious. You asked if I was 16?? Grow up, seriously.

If Chad was open, he'd get the ball. End of discussion. The fact that TJ and Chatman have more catches than he does goes to prove the point. Moreover, who gets the ball on third down? Not Chad, but TJ. Chad is a mediocre receiver, nothing more. He's overrated, over-hyped, and excess baggage. He's the third best receiver on his team right now and you STILL won't take your lips of his ass. It's just sad, really.

agreen's right, Ick. Let's watch the swearing and name calling. We haven't had many issues since the infamous TJackson/agreen feud of last off-season. We're all very frustrated right now over the team, and we're going to get testy with each other, but let's keep it in check.

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em. How you can hold it in check when you're arguing with him is beyond me. I guess you have practice dealing with these kinds of people in your profession, but I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

agreen's right, Ick. Let's watch the swearing and name calling. We haven't had many issues since the infamous TJackson/agreen feud of last off-season. We're all very frustrated right now over the team, and we're going to get testy with each other, but let's keep it in check.

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em. How you can hold it in check when you're arguing with him is beyond me. I guess you have practice dealing with these kinds of people in your profession, but I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

No, I understand. I crossed the line earlier by referring to him as 'looney tunes' in another thread. Anyway, we are all on the same team here and agreen's viewpoints keep us all interested and the forum going. What else would we have to talk about today?

We are all pretty thick-skinned, I think. We all need to watch the name-calling, that's all. I believe agreen absorbs quite a bit but, the rulz da rulz.

LMAO, you told on me?!?!? That's hilarious. You asked if I was 16?? Grow up, seriously.

If Chad was open, he'd get the ball. End of discussion. The fact that TJ and Chatman have more catches than he does goes to prove the point. Moreover, who gets the ball on third down? Not Chad, but TJ. Chad is a mediocre receiver, nothing more. He's overrated, over-hyped, and excess baggage. He's the third best receiver on his team right now and you STILL won't take your lips of his ass. It's just sad, really.

It's not the end of discussion because you are ABSOLUTELY wrong. All you have to do is watch the tape. I wish someone would chime in here and call you out on this because Chad was open like a 7/11. Obviously you didn't watch the game. Seriously, go back and watch the tape (if you CAN afford tivo) and then come talk to me.

Chad was open, Palmer didn't get him the ball, bottom line, that's the end of the discussion. Chad had Pacman twisted completely around on one play. Pacman looked like a cartoon of gumby out there against 85. Palmer didn't get the job done nor did Bratkowski.

No, I understand. I crossed the line earlier by referring to him as 'looney tunes' in another thread. Anyway, we are all on the same team here and agreen's viewpoints keep us all interested and the forum going. What else would we have to talk about today?

We are all pretty thick-skinned, I think. We all need to watch the name-calling, that's all. I believe agreen absorbs quite a bit but, the rulz da rulz.

Now I can respect that Greg. Thank you.

I'm not gonna say that I'm not wrong about things, I get things wrong all the time. But, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to one. There shouldn't be name calling at that level on a public forum for the masses to see. It looks bad. If it were on the .com, he'd get banned. I don't want my forum, one that I enjoy posting on and debating with you fellas, being drug through the dirt with meaningless, unclassy posts.

Now I can respect that Greg. Thank you.

I'm not gonna say that I'm not wrong about things, I get things wrong all the time. But, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to one. There shouldn't be name calling at that level on a public forum for the masses to see. It looks bad. If it were on the .com, he'd get banned. I don't want my forum, one that I enjoy posting on and debating with you fellas, being drug through the dirt with meaningless, unclassy posts.

Carson missed Chris Perry too for a easy 6. Simply way overthrew him close to the goal after getting flushed from the pocket. I didn't think Carson was all that sharp yesterday. Could be the elbow, I just don't know. He did have plenty of time to throw.

To be 0-5, its a whole lot of things going wrong, at different times in the season. Next week something new will crop up to explain another loss.