WALKOUT - aka. Boo-Day

paisios

It needs to happen. We have 2 weeks to organize this and get the word out. Post all over the web.

LETS WALKOUT, EVERYONE!!!! Someone mentioned walking out at the 10:00 mark in the 3rd quarter. Fine with me. But lets pick a specific time and do it EVERY GAME! Think of the publicity it will get. And no backing out even if they are doing good on the field. This is a message to the Brown family.

So, no bailing cause its 70 degrees and we are only down by 3. We gotta walk out no matter what. EVERY GAME AT THE SAME TIME.

Who's in? Who's going to spread the word? I'm in and all my friends with tix are too!

Let's get the ball rolling. Unless we want another 2 decades of suck!!!

Send a message to the Brown family and the rest of the NFL and it's fans. The Brown family is a joke, they have made fools of us all and are a disgrace to the nfl and most of all to the people of Cincinnati!!!!!

Brother, I hear ya. And your sentiment is basically the general consensus on this topic.

The tickets are bought and paid for. The merchandise has been bought. Let's do something pro-active if nothing else.

Hell, I walk out anyway because I can't take it anymore.

WHy I'm getting a beat down for this idea, I'm not sure. I really need your support. I need you and others to help me. HELP US!!!!!! The tickets are sold, so it's too late to boycott or something like that. Let's WALK OUT !!!!!!

Exactly...the tix are sold out all season. Whether or not you bought them straight from the Bengals or on ebay. The only way the fans can make some type of impact is to make a statement. (bags on head...etc....) since I'm in Tampa I can't help, but my dad has season tix.....I'll let him know. The biggest impact will be made next season when hopefully people will not buy tix. But regretfully, I don't see that happenin. There are too many people that have had season tix since the 70's (like my dad) and will never give up their primo seats no matter what, whether they go to all the games or not.

Someone mentioned walking out at the 10:00 mark in the 3rd quarter.

Funny, that's about the point when Chad quits in most games (if he bothered to show up at all). You'll be sympatico with the players. Kind of like how when two women live in the same home, their cycles get in rhythm with each other.

It needs to happen. We have 2 weeks to organize this and get the word out. Post all over the web.

LETS WALKOUT, EVERYONE!!!! Someone mentioned walking out at the 10:00 mark in the 3rd quarter. Fine with me. But lets pick a specific time and do it EVERY GAME! Think of the publicity it will get. And no backing out even if they are doing good on the field. This is a message to the Brown family.

So, no bailing cause its 70 degrees and we are only down by 3. We gotta walk out no matter what. EVERY GAME AT THE SAME TIME.

Who's in? Who's going to spread the word? I'm in and all my friends with tix are too!

Let's get the ball rolling. Unless we want another 2 decades of suck!!!

Send a message to the Brown family and the rest of the NFL and it's fans. The Brown family is a joke, they have made fools of us all and are a disgrace to the nfl and most of all to the people of Cincinnati!!!!!

Hmmm ? 2 weeks you say? The time we play the Clowns?

GO HOME CLOWNS FAN.......Do you really think anybody is going to fall for that crap?

Seems that you just joined today....And already starting threads about walking out of games?

Admit you are a Clowns fan......come clean...

Negative, chauncey. Just trying to do something about this mess we've been in since '91.

It's amazing the negativity I'm experiencing on different message boards with this topic. People don't seem to care for new members of their message boards. weird.

I get it that people are beat down over the mike brown thing. Complacency is no good. I don't think that by us as fans walking out or protesting that he will suddenly say "oh, maybe I'm not good at running a football team." But we shouldn't under estimate the power and influence we can have.

I'm just sayin....for me personally as a ticket holder and lifelong bengals fan, I have no problem with walking out or starting up the banners and signs and t-shirts and slogans again. Some might say it doesn't work or do much at all. I would say that it does have an affect on things.

So, why not do something? If people don't want to walkout that's OK. We can still do things to get the point across. Gedt out that piece of cardboard and make a sign. Get some t-shirts made for you and your friends.

Personally, I'd dig it if the stadium was filled with brown paper bag heads.

Ah well....

Here's a little something from CUFF23 on the bengal boards.

This should get ya fired up....

"Paul Brown died in August of 1991 thus starting the era where Mike Brown was the sole, primary decision maker in the Bengals front office. Mike was handed a team that had been to the Super Bowl two years prior and had made the playoffs the previous year. Beginning with the 1991 season, here is a breakdown of the number of times each NFL franchise has made the playoffs:

11 times: Packers, Cowboys, Steelers

10 times: Colts, Patriots

9 times: 49ers, Broncos, Eagles, Vikings

8 times: Chiefs, Dolphins, Titans/Oilers

7 times: Bills, Buccaneers, Jets

6 times: Chargers, Giants, Jaguars, Lions, Seahawks

5 times: Bears, Falcons, Raiders, Rams, Redskins

4 times: Ravens, Saints

3 times: Panthers

2 times: Browns

1 time: Bengals, Cardinals

0 times: Texans

List notes:

The average number of playoff appearances is 6.38, the median is 6.

Ravens franchise moved from Cleveland in 1996 so only 1996-2007 years are counted

The Cleveland Browns suspended operations from 1996-1998 due to Art Modell moving the franchise to Baltimore so only the 1991-1995 and 1999-2007 years are relevant.

The Jaguars and Panthers were expansion franchses in 1995 so only the 1995-2007 years are relevant

Houston Texans were an expansion franchise beginning 2002 so only the 2002-2007 years are relevant.

From this list only the Houston Texans who have only been in existence since 2002 have fewer playoff appearances. Other teams low on the list such as the Browns (2), Panthers (3), and Jaguars (6) played fourteen seasons or fewer during the seventeen year stretch and were start-from-scratch franchises and STILL have more playoff seasons than the Bengals during Mike Browns notorious tenure. On a sad note for Arizona Cardinal fans, their ownership is just as inept as Mike Brown.

For seventeen years, MIke Brown has refused to hire a General Manager or a coach with proven track record of success. He has staffed all key positions in the front office only with family members. He maintains the smallest scouting department among NFL franchises. In short, he ensures nobody is in any position to question his authority or decisions (or suggest new ideas some of which may even meet or exceed organizational profit goals). He was the sole owner to speak out against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's proposal for player conduct standards.

So, just how optimistic are you "loyal fans?" When would you predict the next playoff run will happen? Is one playoff appearance in seventeen reasonable? Acceptable? Do I even need to mention the team had a meltdown at halftime of their one playoff game during that time span and a by many eye-witness accounts a player took a swing at a coach? How low are your standards? The NFL is built for revenue sharing and parity. Things will not change with Mike Brown running the Bengals. They will continue to be profitable and they will continue to lose. I daresay they will even continue to have player conduct problems.

I can't tell anyone, including Mike Brown, how to spend their money but there is no way a penny of mine goes in Mike Brown's pocket if I can help it. I am also very comfortable saying that all the optimistic Bengal fans are incredibly naive if they believe the Bengals will perform any differently under Mike Brown.

And finally, I can still be ticked that Mike Brown continues, selfishly, to embarrass the city of Cincinnati, and put an inferior product on the field. I can't emphasize enough how disappointing it is to not be able to share a life-long love of mine, Bengals football, with my sons because the Bengals have no hope of being competitive and they continue to sign players of questionable civil character."

Now, obviously they are still getting my money. But, I'm seriously hoping somebody wants to buy my seat license cause I don't think I"m going to keep this up if things don't start to not look like the 90's all over again.

That makes sense. He gets the money for the seat and then you walk out? The only time there was really a difference made was when people actually weren't showing up. Lions fan tried the orange out in 2005 and Matt Millen was still there.

I was at that game, there was orange everywhere and many of them were actually Bengals fans there to see them clinch a the division.