How dumb do they think we are?

walzav29

OK. Baltimore is the greatest defense in the history of time. Didn't they play this exact team last year on opening day? What they don't want to say is the actions of the WR put this offense out of sync, the protection sucked and the team is in a downward spiral, and that they have quit on the coach.

I think the wind had a lot to do with the passing game. Neither team passed the ball very effectively, and that played into the Baltimore's strengths. Follow me here. Baltimore forced Cincinnati into a running style offense. Two things played into this. One the wind making the ability to throw down field virtually impossible and being out of sync with the Wrs. Now Baltimore was the second best defense against the run this past season making it virtually improssible to run on them. All Baltimore had to do is rush the line on almost every play and cause panic and confusion for the Bengals offense because there was no worry about getting beat deep because the chances of completing a pass down field was slim.

Now on the other side of the ball Baltimore is a pretty good rushing team and was a strength of the Raven's offense because of Flaccos inexperience. Now you look at the Bengals defense. Its strength is the pass defense. Rushing defense is not very good so Baltimore was able to rush very effectively against the Bengals defense. This was a smash mouth style of game which played into the hands of Baltimore. Take away the windy conditions and the game would have been very different.

instead of Simpson in the second we should have picked up an OL. Center or Tackle so that i dont have to watch either Guicheck suck or Stacey inefficiently shift from guard to tackle. Especially if they knew Willie was done. All it tells me is instead of drafting for current positions of need they are thinking towards building towards next season or two seasons by stocking up on WR

instead of Simpson in the second we should have picked up an OL. Center or Tackle so that i dont have to watch either Guicheck suck or Stacey inefficiently shift from guard to tackle. Especially if they knew Willie was done. All it tells me is instead of drafting for current positions of need they are thinking towards building towards next season or two seasons by stocking up on WR

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most teams draft for the future and not for the current year? The only players typically called on to have an impact in their first year are the first rounders. Besides the Bengals did draft a tackle (Collins) and by all accounts a very good one.

"We're going to be a running team"!!!!! -Marvin Lewis

That's great Marv!!!! You need a friggin O-line that can run block first!!!!!

Quoted for truth.

It kills me that the Bengals whined about how giving the Ravens defense all preseason to game for the Bengals was unfair.

Dudes, what about Cincy out coaching the Ravens with wrinkles of their own? Couldn't be done. The Ravens were not fooled by them at all. Call it the Willie factor if you like but its just better coaching. Our Genius ML got his butt kicked by a rookie head coach. Crystal clear where the rot is, it starts from the guys who call the shots without suiting up.

For the Bengals to produce this pathetic effort with so much time to prepare means the coaches are second rate. When was the last time second rate coaches produced a first rate team? A division title? A winning season?

Gotta love the bone-headed move of letting Willie go to Baltimore and basically serving as an advisor to them all week and then on Sunday - Lapham mentioned he was pulling coaches aside and advising them throughout the game. Then there's Hue Jackson...

Only the Bengals' could be so damned stupid. Just like screwing up the Rogers trade.

Gotta love the bone-headed move of letting Willie go to Baltimore and basically serving as an advisor to them all week and then on Sunday - Lapham mentioned he was pulling coaches aside and advising them throughout the game. Then there's Hue Jackson...

Only the Bengals' could be so damned stupid. Just like screwing up the Rogers trade.

So, what you're saying is......you think they saw that shovel pass coming????

Well, crap, I saw the shovel pass coming! Didn't need big Willie for that.

I bet Willie called every single play they ran, and with the addition of the headset in the defensive captains ear now, they wer eonly 2 seconds from knowing where it was going.