Our starters have played a total of 2 1/2 quarters thus far..

schnarfer

All you monday morning quarterbacks..take a breath...step back and realize ur knowlege is not as big as you would imagine. Our starters have played very limited and, yes, they have not scored everytime they touch the ball or have 15 interceptions and 10 sacks, but my god this is PRACTICE...what are we talkin about here...PRACTICE...Once we start the season and play a game or two we will get a rhythm...There is no way to put us at 4-12 after such little time on the field...Relax and enjoy the season. We will be fine and here is a nugget of truth for all to take with them...The entire afc north has played poorly this preseason..whodey

Yeah it's really hard to gauge your team after two preseason games but damm, in the minimal time that they have played you would like to see positives, Ie... The way the Giants front four just destroyed the Browns, that's the ish I want to see from my Bengals when they take the field, something that makes me feel good. Granted we all know that it's only the 2nd preseason game, but sure that everyone here would have been elated if our front four came out and smoked the Lions like the Giants did the Stains.

I think this panic session is being spurred on by the media who are predicting a poor season for the Bengals. Also, Hobs is having a hissy because the starting WR's for the game against the Saints will be Chapman, Simpson, and Holt. Who cares? Wouldn't we rather see how these guys perform when called upon now before the season starts? We already know what CJ and TJ can do. The preseason has nothing to do with how the regular season will unfold. Now is the time to see the new guys in game situations to find out if they can fill in if needed, not a time to run up the score or go undefeated. These games don't count!

Yeah it's really hard to gauge your team after two preseason games but damm, in the minimal time that they have played you would like to see positives, Ie... The way the Giants front four just destroyed the Browns, that's the ish I want to see from my Bengals when they take the field, something that makes me feel good. Granted we all know that it's only the 2nd preseason game, but sure that everyone here would have been elated if our front four came out and smoked the Lions like the Giants did the Stains.

I have seen some positives, but not as many as the negatives. I wish we could have one year where every starter wasn't hurt so we could see what this team is capable of. We're gonna be hurting if Chad and TJ don't get healthy quick.

All you monday morning quarterbacks..take a breath...step back and realize ur knowlege is not as big as you would imagine. Our starters have played very limited and, yes, they have not scored everytime they touch the ball or have 15 interceptions and 10 sacks, but my god this is PRACTICE...what are we talkin about here...PRACTICE...Once we start the season and play a game or two we will get a rhythm...There is no way to put us at 4-12 after such little time on the field...Relax and enjoy the season. We will be fine and here is a nugget of truth for all to take with them...The entire afc north has played poorly this preseason..whodey

Schnarfer, I will be more than happy to put my season prediction up against yours any day. In fact to make it interesting, after the last pre-season game I will create an "Official Bengalszone Season Record Prediction Thread". See you there Mr. Knowledge. B)

I don't know, but 3 and outs on almost every drive by the starters is not encouraging. But the first string run defense has been solid.

I hate to say it but I am feeling 6-10 right now. I need a confidence boost against the Saints.

Preseason doom and gloom = :beatdeadhorse: Not really but it is overrated in my opinion.

Some other teams look worse than the Bengals at this point. The veterans will show up in week one. Ill make up my mind at that point.

Right now I say 10-6. But I go into every season with high expectations. I fall hard, but I dont think this team is as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

4-2 in the division

we beat the Jets, Tennessee, Washington, Houston, KC. Thats 9-We will pull out another one somewhere.

I wouldnt get expectations high against the Saints. Not too many starters ploaying. Ill be looking at the oline and D. Maybe see how Simpson and Perry handle the start.

So preseason doesn't really matter?? In the actual wins and lost column, no they don't... However it does matter in the progression of your team... For 2 games our 1st string offense has done nothing to show they have improved in the running game.. Perry has looked good, but it hasn't been on a consistant basis... This is true when our supposed starting line is in there.. I can understand when they are experimenting with different lineman that the running game will suffer.... As for our D, still very little pressure mounted by anyone beating their man 1 on 1, starting DBs getting turned around and out of position... The first 2 games have been sloppy from top to bottom... My 2nd biggest gripe is the prima donnas we have... I'm talking about Rudi, TJ that basically bitched all off season about not liking training camp and preseason games and amazingly they come up with "groin" injuries... So now they get healed come week 1, totally no cohesion with anyone and they will offer excuse after excuse.... I still think we can take the division, but that optimism grows dimmer everyday...