The Draft

bryce40

I must say I like and dislike what I'm starting to hear lately when it comes to the draft. I like that I'm hearing Sedrick Ellis will be the pick if we stay at 9 and he's there. I'm not liking that I'm hearing the Bengals are talking about trading down and selecting a WR. Even if the stud DT's are gone at 9. I would prefer to stay there and take an OL like Chris Williams or Ryan Clady than draft a WR or RB in the 1st rd. What are you all hearing?

I'm hearing a whole bunch of speculation that will resolve itself next weekend !!! I can't wait !!!

Honestly though, noone really knows how this is going to shake out and with so many people trying to trade down out of the top of the draft, it should prove to be interesting !!!

WHODEY !!!

9th pick. 7 "Elite" prospects (1 QB, 1 RB, 4 DL, 1 OL) . . . . you do the math.

That's why I'm all for trading up with the Chiefs especially if all it took would be our 1st, and a 3rd, (I would even throw in a fifth.) I really think we need a DT bad.

If history tells us one thing, it's that "elite" does not necesarily translate to "pro-bowl", o even "starter". Who's to say that one of the 2nd tier DT's (Laws, Sims, Bryant, Balmer, Rubin) don't out-perform both Dorsey & S.Ellis in the long run.

Remember Big Daddy? Or, costing them a 1st & 3rd to move up, does the Jets' Dewayne Rob-bust-son ring a bell. If not, check it out:

I really think we need a DT bad.

Your thinking is absolutely right. As far as trading up to do so, that may or may not be required. I presently think not.

Now that Albert is shooting up, you may be right. I was less optimistic until that. Basically if either Albert or a CB goes in the top 8, we're guaranteed to get something good - an elite DT, OT, or the Ryan/McFadden auction.

9th pick. 7 "Elite" prospects (1 QB, 1 RB, 4 DL, 1 OL) . . . . you do the math.

That's why I'm all for trading up with the Chiefs especially if all it took would be our 1st, and a 3rd, (I would even throw in a fifth.) I really think we need a DT bad.

If history tells us one thing, it's that "elite" does not necesarily translate to "pro-bowl", o even "starter". Who's to say that one of the 2nd tier DT's (Laws, Sims, Bryant, Balmer, Rubin) don't out-perform both Dorsey & S.Ellis in the long run.

Remember Big Daddy? Or, costing them a 1st & 3rd to move up, does the Jets' Dewayne Rob-bust-son ring a bell. If not, check it out:

I agree I want no part of trading up, after seeing all these DLs highlights with all the endless TV coverage theyre getting and access to the net they all are very very close. No need to be reaching or trading away valuable picks, just draft the guy who's on your board and move on.

I'm still against going to the offense at all in the first round, but it's looking more and more likely, especially if Ellis isn't there. I've heard Williams isn't the toughest guy, and for an offensive lineman, that scares, especially if we're trying to recommit to the running game. I have less issue with Clady, but I still think there are more glaring needs at linebacker, and there are serviceable backups already in the wings. What the hell did they franchise Andrews for?