Official Bengalszone Mock Comments

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah if ppl don't check to make their pick over 24 hours...someone else make it for them. The real draft will get here before this one is over with

Amen Brother...with the time frame of this draft I would think people could have their top three options for the first round and it would be just a matter of logging in periodically to check the status if things. I mean I know people live busy lives but this isn't rocket science we are talking about.

IF you can't tell...I am getting a little antsy to make my pick, but knowing my luck someone will steal the person before I can get to them.

Carolina takes Matt Ryan??? I have yet to see that in any (credible) mocks - partially because Ryan is normally gone, but partially because of the Panthers huge need for OT.

More realistic picks: Mendenhall (to team w/ DeAngelo) or Chris Williams (smart, talented zone blocker).

However, the no brainer pick for a team with an aging, oft injured Juliues Peppers: Harvey or Merling (RDE and LDE, respectively). Peppers prefers the left side, so you gotta figure they'd jump all over Harvey.

Too bad Devin Thomas is off the board . . . I'm sure Matt Millen would have been all over him :P

With almost half the 1st round complete, we still have Harvey, Mendenhall, DRC, and Jenkins on the board :confused1:

I'm beginning to believe something is amiss, Watson !!

Too bad Devin Thomas is off the board . . . I'm sure Matt Millen would have been all over him :P

With almost half the 1st round complete, we still have Harvey, Mendenhall, DRC, and Jenkins on the board :confused1:

I'm beginning to believe something is amiss, Watson !!

Its not like people have been drafting Pat Sims or other 3rd round prospects, everyone who has drafted has taken someone in the top 30 picks in this years draft, untill i see someone taking a 7th round Db i wouldn't call this mock a failure at all. (Mind you some teams have drafted out of position of serios need but cmon, they're still taking valuable guys)

Yay 7 hours without a pick....

do i hear 13? Can we declare another GM dead? Millen has pulled off being a dead Detroit GM for years!

seriously if someone knows they signed up for something like this and can't check in during the entire day...yeah I'll take the pick for them

I'd say after having such a horrible defense last year and the loss of Dre Bly from trade...with Rodgers-Cromartie still available they would have to take him...

The main reason I had Carolina take Ryan was Jake is getting older and Carr did not work out. Ryan might be the only franchise QB in this draft and should not fall this far. Ryan if he does get past the Ravens in the real draft, would likely get taken by the Panthers. The Panthers could get a solid OT in ROund 2, but would likely not be able to get one of the top 4 QBs (Ryan, Brohm, Flacco, or Henne) in the 2nd. After those 4, there is a drop off , and ext years QB crop is pretty weak.

Ryan could learn for a year and maybe get some plaing time if/when Jake gets injured. OT is a need, bt the top QB is too

tough to pass up if he falls to 12.

seriously if someone knows they signed up for something like this and can't check in during the entire day...yeah I'll take the pick for them

Please do. Six hours is PLENTY of time Thurm. The troops are getting restless. Move it along already!

How silly...an entire day without a pick :rolleyes:

How sad. :( If you're going to participate, by all means do so. If you're going to sign up, then flake out later, too bad. Thurm, you are in charge here. You really need to start pulling the trigger on this. The worst thing a thread can encounter is boredom, and you're teetering on the edge here.

Get 'er done!

The main reason I had Carolina take Ryan was Jake is getting older and Carr did not work out. Ryan might be the only franchise QB in this draft and should not fall this far. Ryan if he does get past the Ravens in the real draft, would likely get taken by the Panthers.

They might even trade up. This from Colin Lindsay over at gbnreport.com...

Boston College QB Matt Ryan, the top-rated passer in the 2008 draft class, hasn’t necessarily gotten much love from teams at the very top of the draft order, however, Carolina has reportedly become enamored with his pro potential. So much so, in fact, that the Panthers are reportedly exploring options to move up in the draft in order to select Ryan as the heir apparent to incumbent starter Jake DelHomme who is coming back off a serious elbow injury which limited him to just three games in 2007. The Panthers, who have the 13th pick overall, have reportedly had talks with both the New York Jets and New England, with the 6th and 7th picks respectively, about the possibility of moving up. Of course, there are no guarantees that Ryan will still be available at #6 with Atlanta at #3 and Kansas City at #5 possible landing sites. It wouldn't be cheap for the Panthers to climb from #13 to the 6-7 range as it could cost them as much as their second round pick, the 43rd overall.

We've stalled again. <_< Can someone kick this cart back into gear?

I love it...if this was a thread about Chad Johnson everyone would be paying attention

Thurmanation....you are in dire jeopardy of losing this thread. Keep it rolling one way or another.

I love it...if this was a thread about Chad Johnson everyone would be paying attention

Thurmanation....you are in dire jeopardy of losing this thread. Keep it rolling one way or another.

Ive made the last 2 selections, but if im not here because i do work for 8 hours a day and take 4 hours to get there and back, 12 of the 24 hours im not here (im also 21 so bare with me on the weekend :P) so if anyone is loafting on a pick i give permission to B24, Billy or any Mod/Admin to make the pick for me.

Ive made the last 2 selections, but if im not here because i do work for 8 hours a day and take 4 hours to get there and back, 12 of the 24 hours im not here (im also 21 so bare with me on the weekend :P) so if anyone is loafting on a pick i give permission to B24, Billy or any Mod/Admin to make the pick for me.

That considered sir, you get a pass.

Unless I've missed something, I believe it has been 21 hours since a pick... Correct me if I am wrong plz...

Unless I've missed something, I believe it has been 21 hours since a pick... Correct me if I am wrong plz...

Like I said...at this rate we'll likely see the end of the REAL 1st round Saturday in New York before we see the end of the 1st round here.