So far!

semiotter

Well guys its early but I think we are looking O.K. The pitching is looking better than it has in a long time and the top of the lineup is well ""GREAT"". If the REDS want to win we need a better 1st baseman and catcher. But thats just old semis thinking. I driving a new shift now (days) woo hoo and I plan on going to some of the weekend games this year, so I hope they have a great summer. :rolleyes:

So far I have no problem with the catchers the Reds have, but Edwin has looked terrible again this spring. I am hoping that when Gonzalez comes back they move Keppinger over to third and platoon him with Encarnacion, when he is not resting Gonzalez and Phillips. Maybe even try EE at first, his throwing errors are killing this team.

A little disapointted in the run production, but I think that will come with time.

Starters look to be the best in years if they hold up on thier second and third times against teams.

We don't need a new first baseman. Votto starts slow every season. When he gets clicking, he's the best all around hitter on the team.

• 2 weeks later...
We don't need a new first baseman. Votto starts slow every season. When he gets clicking, he's the best all around hitter on the team.

That has proved to be true. I was really disappointed to see Hatteberg start the season at first, but I had a feeling Votto would be playing full time soon.

It's good to see EE come around at the plate too. His defense is still terrible, but at least he is hitting now.

IMHO Dusty will have the team in contention throughout the season.

Can I retract this statement? What started out in the exhibition season as promising, has turned into a replay of last year. Nothing seems to work, and I'm an idiot for making that statement wayyyyy too early in the season. <_<

they look terrible.

No doubt. What can they do to change this, because I'm at a loss of what to do.

That's a good question. When Harang and Arroyo look good, the bats shut down. When the bats come around, that Cuatto kid (or however you spell it) gives up seven in an inning and a third. The pieces are there, but can't coordinate.

It's like this road trip has totally taken the life out of them. Going from San Fran, to St Louis, to Atlanta with only one day off is a killer and it's showing. The pitching has been there the last two games in Atlanta, but they can't get anything going at the plate...it's depressing to watch, and today they get Glavine.