Cut Chris Perry too?

fattyjay

I think it would be a move that would get the attention of some of the other players. I know that Peko and other Bengals players were involved in the "Night of Fun", but Chris Perry hasn't done anything on the field and he's starting to cause trouble. Why not just axe him and get it over with? According to the latest reports he is still not recovered from his ankle and might not be able to participate in the May or June workouts. If the Bengals cut him, keep Rudi, IR Irons, and draft a RB I think they might improve the RB situation. You let Rudi play out his contract or at least let him play this year, no more wondering what Perry could offer if he was healthy, and you don't have to rush Irons back from his ACL. So, they could go with Rudi, a rookie, DeDe, and Watson. Any thoughts?

I think it would be a move that would get the attention of some of the other players. I know that Peko and other Bengals players were involved in the "Night of Fun", but Chris Perry hasn't done anything on the field and he's starting to cause trouble. Why not just axe him and get it over with? According to the latest reports he is still not recovered from his ankle and might not be able to participate in the May or June workouts. If the Bengals cut him, keep Rudi, IR Irons, and draft a RB I think they might improve the RB situation. You let Rudi play out his contract or at least let him play this year, no more wondering what Perry could offer if he was healthy, and you don't have to rush Irons back from his ACL. So, they could go with Rudi, a rookie, DeDe, and Watson. Any thoughts?

I think the Bengals position on this has to be either, (A) Cut both Peko and Perry, (B) Cut neither of them.

The point is that if they cut one and not the other, then the message is more like the Steelers and you are saying that you are willing to have one standard for 'important players' and another for 'not-so-important players'. All I ask is for consistency. If they want to become heavy-handed, then fine. Cut 'em all. If, instead, they just want to suggest they will not tolerate 'extreme cases', then what has happened is enough.

I think the Bengals position on this has to be either, (A) Cut both Peko and Perry, (B) Cut neither of them.

The point is that if they cut one and not the other, then the message is more like the Steelers and you are saying that you are willing to have one standard for 'important players' and another for 'not-so-important players'. All I ask is for consistency. If they want to become heavy-handed, then fine. Cut 'em all. If, instead, they just want to suggest they will not tolerate 'extreme cases', then what has happened is enough.

Well I think they have already established that if a player produces on the field, that player is given more chances than a marginal player. The reason I chose Chris Perry is that he should already be in fear for his job for the simple fact that he hasn't proved his worth. The way I view Perry is like an employee who is always calling in sick, then he goes out and parties so hard the cops have to be called to remove him from destroying a bar. Shouldn't he be a little more focused on making a healthy return to work? He has been paid millions to sit and watch and now he is becoming an off-field distraction as well.

I would sit Peko down and give the final warning. As nice of a player as seems to have turned out to be, I would say that he is a draft pick away from being replaced and I would remind him of that.

Well I think they have already established that if a player produces on the field, that player is given more chances than a marginal player. The reason I chose Chris Perry is that he should already be in fear for his job for the simple fact that he hasn't proved his worth. The way I view Perry is like an employee who is always calling in sick, then he goes out and parties so hard the cops have to be called to remove him from destroying a bar. Shouldn't he be a little more focused on making a healthy return to work? He has been paid millions to sit and watch and now he is becoming an off-field distraction as well.

I would sit Peko down and give the final warning. As nice of a player as seems to have turned out to be, I would say that he is a draft pick away from being replaced and I would remind him of that.

... and if that is the 'established standard', then I say go for it. It honestly doesn't bother me either way ... just so we (and especially the players) know the standard. I bring up the Steeler (Rooney) hypocrisy because they want all to believe they have the standard of not tolerating such activity ... that the organization is above all such nonsense. I don't really care what standard a given organization chooses, as long as they are consistent (and not hypocritical ... like the James Harrison thing).

I wouldn't be in any rush to cut Perry. With Henry gone, we need as many proven targets for Carson as we can get, and Mr. Glass caught what, 60 balls back in '05? If he can get on -- and stay on -- the field, Perry would be a big help.

Chris Perry would make this team so much better if he could just stay on the field. Sadly, it seems that is never going to be the case.

I say IR or cut the two Ki-Jana Jr.'s and move on. This team needs some new, tougher blood.

Irons can wear his female cheerleading outfits somewhere else, and Perry can grow hernias and break skinny ankles elsewhere also!

Oh come on, like it was Irons' fault his knee got twisted up behind his ear in the preseason. I guarantee you if somebody did your knee like that, you wouldn't be walking for a year. Give the guy a break.

As for glass, unless he has a roster bonus or something due, I see no reason to cut him.

The reason I chose Chris Perry is that he should already be in fear for his job for the simple fact that he hasn't proved his worth. The way I view Perry is like an employee who is always calling in sick, then he goes out and parties so hard the cops have to be called to remove him from destroying a bar. Shouldn't he be a little more focused on making a healthy return to work? He has been paid millions to sit and watch and now he is becoming an off-field distraction as well.

So, randomly enforcing a non-existent "don't get drunk" policy against players that you don't like makes sense how? What is partying so hard the cops have to be called? Have you ever been at a party that the cops came to and shut it down? If not, I feel sorry for you. If so, you know that can mean anything from playing music too loud to doing unspeakable things to livestock. Absent a little more information about this soiree, I would hesitate to start calling somebody an "off-field" distraction based on it. And since the only difference between Perry & Peko in this scenario is that you kinda like one more than the other because he doesn't get hurt as much -- I would be pretty concerned about what message that would send to the team. Sure, there have been some problems with the perception that players were favored in the past that - by all appearances - the Bengals are trying to address right now. That would be completely undone by cutting somebody for being at a party while not cutting somebody else who was there.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you need to back off the ledge and see what comes of this before making calls like that.

I say IR or cut the two Ki-Jana Jr.'s and move on. This team needs some new, tougher blood.

Irons can wear his female cheerleading outfits somewhere else, and Perry can grow hernias and break skinny ankles elsewhere also!

Irons can be given a chance.

Perry is down to the last match stick. If he can't get a fire going he goes away.

Oh come on, like it was Irons' fault his knee got twisted up behind his ear in the preseason. I guarantee you if somebody did your knee like that, you wouldn't be walking for a year. Give the guy a break.

As for glass, unless he has a roster bonus or something due, I see no reason to cut him.

Fancy pants Irons just tore his knee up on the Ford field turf, no one touched him from what I remember. Then I see a very homo-erotic photo of him in his girlfriend's cheerleading outfit. Not impressed.

Perry's so banged up I am not sure if he'll even walk normally again. If he can play like he used to come preseason, great, but, I'm doubting he'll ever stay healthy or become reliable.

I would also cut Chad, take the loss.

Time to move forward.

Fancy pants Irons just tore his knee up on the Ford field turf, no one touched him from what I remember. Then I see a very homo-erotic photo of him in his girlfriend's cheerleading outfit. Not impressed.

Perry's so banged up I am not sure if he'll even walk normally again. If he can play like he used to come preseason, great, but, I'm doubting he'll ever stay healthy or become reliable.

I would also cut Chad, take the loss.

Time to move forward.

I think what DC is suggesting is to let "someone" do your knee the way Irons twisted it himself... I thought the same as you until I read it a couple times.

The reason I chose Chris Perry is that he should already be in fear for his job for the simple fact that he hasn't proved his worth. The way I view Perry is like an employee who is always calling in sick, then he goes out and parties so hard the cops have to be called to remove him from destroying a bar. Shouldn't he be a little more focused on making a healthy return to work? He has been paid millions to sit and watch and now he is becoming an off-field distraction as well.

So, randomly enforcing a non-existent "don't get drunk" policy against players that you don't like makes sense how? What is partying so hard the cops have to be called? Have you ever been at a party that the cops came to and shut it down? If not, I feel sorry for you. If so, you know that can mean anything from playing music too loud to doing unspeakable things to livestock. Absent a little more information about this soiree, I would hesitate to start calling somebody an "off-field" distraction based on it. And since the only difference between Perry & Peko in this scenario is that you kinda like one more than the other because he doesn't get hurt as much -- I would be pretty concerned about what message that would send to the team. Sure, there have been some problems with the perception that players were favored in the past that - by all appearances - the Bengals are trying to address right now. That would be completely undone by cutting somebody for being at a party while not cutting somebody else who was there.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you need to back off the ledge and see what comes of this before making calls like that.

I really don't think you or agreen read the police response that they were tearing up the ceiling and the owner wanted them gone. I would say that disorderly conduct and damage to private property do constitute "off-field" distractions. I also don't think you read my posts because I explained why Peko should not be cut yet. I did say that because he has been a productive player and not had any other problems that I would issue him a warning. And yes I have been to parties where the cops were called...its called high school.

I really don't think you or agreen read the police response that they were tearing up the ceiling and the owner wanted them gone. I would say that disorderly conduct and damage to private property do constitute "off-field" distractions. I also don't think you read my posts because I explained why Peko should not be cut yet. I did say that because he has been a productive player and not had any other problems that I would issue him a warning. And yes I have been to parties where the cops were called...its called high school.

You say tomato, I say selective enforcement. Your reasons why Peko should not be cut yet don't hold water. Perry has never had "any other problems" either and, when healthy, his production has been way more than Peko. So, what you're really saying is that this is a good excuse to cut Perry because he's been injured. Maybe so, in which case your righteous indignation is key to selling the argument. But closer to the truth, I'm guessing you thought Perry should be cut because he's been injured before this little incident and this gives a colorable pretext for doing that. If you were a teammate, however, the message would be -- don't get caught doing anything if we already want to cut you -- rather than don't do anything to embarass the team.

These guys aren't that far out of high school and it's a pretty valid analogy. I did read your post. What part do you think I missed? The only reference is to damage to the ceiling. Apart from being fairly bizarre, I'm not sure what you're making out of that. It's property damage right? If it's any different than breaking a few lamps or chairs, it's only to the extent that it sounds pretty weird and/or it might cost more. These guys make huge dollars, so they can pay for it in any event. I'll bet the club owner would welcome them back next weekend with open arms as long as the damage gets paid for.

Bottom line is, it sounds like an overreaction to me. If the story morphs into something involving sadomasochistic worship of a raven-shaped diety, complete with human sacrifices I might change my mind. As it is, it's damage to a ceiling. I'm sure there's a fun explanation for how that occurred, but it doesn't sound like a legitimate reason for cutting people to me.

You say tomato, I say selective enforcement. Your reasons why Peko should not be cut yet don't hold water. Perry has never had "any other problems" either and, when healthy, his production has been way more than Peko. So, what you're really saying is that this is a good excuse to cut Perry because he's been injured. Maybe so, in which case your righteous indignation is key to selling the argument. But closer to the truth, I'm guessing you thought Perry should be cut because he's been injured before this little incident and this gives a colorable pretext for doing that. If you were a teammate, however, the message would be -- don't get caught doing anything if we already want to cut you -- rather than don't do anything to embarass the team.

These guys aren't that far out of high school and it's a pretty valid analogy. I did read your post. What part do you think I missed? The only reference is to damage to the ceiling. Apart from being fairly bizarre, I'm not sure what you're making out of that. It's property damage right? If it's any different than breaking a few lamps or chairs, it's only to the extent that it sounds pretty weird and/or it might cost more. These guys make huge dollars, so they can pay for it in any event. I'll bet the club owner would welcome them back next weekend with open arms as long as the damage gets paid for.

Bottom line is, it sounds like an overreaction to me. If the story morphs into something involving sadomasochistic worship of a raven-shaped diety, complete with human sacrifices I might change my mind. As it is, it's damage to a ceiling. I'm sure there's a fun explanation for how that occurred, but it doesn't sound like a legitimate reason for cutting people to me.

I disagree with the argument that as long they make enough money to pay for the damages the can get off scott free. I think they are all lucky that the owner decided not to press charges. What pains me is that people have this attitude about how these aren't responsible adults and we can't fault them for their behavior because they are still young or that's how they were brought up. Excuses plain and simple. And yes Perry should be cut just for being injured, didn't the Bengals already do that to the other Perry this offseason. I am argueing that this incident should simply be the last straw. What positive output has Chris Perry had in the past 2 years?

Let's cut Willie . . . he's gettin' old

Let's cut Carson . . . he sucked in the playoffs

Let's cut Odell . . . he's an alchy

Let's cut Steiny . . . oops, too late

Let's cut Rudi . . . he tries too hard

Let's cut TJ . . . his name's too long

While we're at it, let's go root for somebody else . . . .

I only suggested cutting one player but, if you insist...

No sh*t. Do you guys just LOOK for things to complain about? Yes, Perry has only played one full season in four years. But you shouldn't be so eager to get rid of his talent. If he's 100%, he's very effective. I say at least give him until pre-season to see if he comes back. You can't deny what he did for us in '05.

No sh*t. Do you guys just LOOK for things to complain about? Yes, Perry has only played one full season in four years. But you shouldn't be so eager to get rid of his talent. If he's 100%, he's very effective. I say at least give him until pre-season to see if he comes back. You can't deny what he did for us in '05.

I gotta say, yeah, IMO we are kinda approaching the point where we need to rename the site "DramaQueenZone.com."

You'd think the Bengals were the only team to have problem players...

I gotta say, yeah, IMO we are kinda approaching the point where we need to rename the site "DramaQueenZone.com."

You'd think the Bengals were the only team to have problem players...

But you see my point is that they should get rid of these drama queen players. And to reply to the "You can't deny what he did for us in '05", that was 3 years ago. Any other team in the league would have cut him by now. This is why we rarely see ex-Bengals excelling with other teams. The Bengals hold onto players about a year longer than they should.

But you see my point is that they should get rid of these drama queen players. And to reply to the "You can't deny what he did for us in '05", that was 3 years ago. Any other team in the league would have cut him by now. This is why we rarely see ex-Bengals excelling with other teams. The Bengals hold onto players about a year longer than they should.

Rarely excel? The last two "drama queens" who left were Dillon and Takeo; Dillon has a ring now and TKO was doing fine in Buffalo before injury. I don't blame the Bengals for trying to get something out of Henry, and I don't think they were any more patient than any other team would have been with a guy of his talents.

Why would you WANT to see ex-Bengals excelling on other teams? If they're not with us anymore, hopefully they suck. Who cares how long ago '05 was? It's not like he's lost his talent, he's been hurt. You should never be so quick to cut a first round pick. That's why I said, give him one more chance to get healthy. If he can't play this year, then definately get rid of him.

I disagree with the argument that as long they make enough money to pay for the damages the can get off scott free. I think they are all lucky that the owner decided not to press charges. What pains me is that people have this attitude about how these aren't responsible adults and we can't fault them for their behavior because they are still young or that's how they were brought up. Excuses plain and simple.

Rage on! It's not going to change anything, but if it makes you feel better....

Yeah, in a perfect world the athletes that you root for spend their weekends pushing little kids on swings for the United Way and remembering to call their moms just to say I love you. Here on planet earth, rich guys tear up hotel rooms and clubs and pay for the damage and get invited back because people like to say they hung out at the same club as _______ rich athlete. I'm only pointing out that athletes are just like any other rich pampered celebrity. They take advantage of it just like you or I would if we were in that position. It's the odd few of them that aren't intelligent enough to realize that they're living in a fantasy world that actually can be taken away that show up in the police blotter and your local news.