Henry & Thurman

kentjett

I know these guys have been dumb*sses in the past but I think they are more of an asset to our team than Chad. I've never heard anything about other players disliking Henry or Thurman, I hear nothing but good things about them. Chad is always mentioned as a negative influence on the team. I truly believe that Henry is over his thug days and Odell is good guy that has a drinking problem. I watched both of them play in a basketball game and their personalities are nothing but positive. They both were talking to everybody in the building and they had smiles on their faces the entire time. I saw Henry leave w/ his infant sleeping on his shoulder and his girl beside him. He hasn't been in trouble in awhile, probably since his baby was born. Both of them are going in to there final year of their contracts and I was wondering what the chances are that they will resign.

By the way, Henry is an exceptional basketball player and Odell wasn't too bad himself, they both are incredible athletes.

O'dell's contract was for 5 years, so he's signed through '09

I think the coaches like what Henry brings on the field, but with all the trouble that he's been in, and the time lost on the field, I doubt he gets a second chance here.

- He'll be another draft pick that uses the Bengals as a stopping ground. Just ask most of the '03, and '04 draft picks.

* I work with several of O'Dells' family here in Georgia. They've all said the same thing to me, since Cincy' drafted him in '05.

O'Dell is a wild assed man! Always has been, and always will be. They all talk about half the crap he's done and gotten away with, both during high school, at UGA, and during the offseason .

True Story here.....

February '06, I see O'dells cousin and he asks what's Cincinnati going to do this year. I say, hey if Palmer comes back healthy, then we'll be straight and probably another playoff run. I asked, " So what's O'Dell doing ?", He said, and I quote...

" The same thing he does every summer, sit at home and smoke weed " :blink:

So O'Dell is who he is... It takes time to change a man. And a little self initiative.

I think the coaches like what Henry brings on the field, but with all the trouble that he's been in, and the time lost on the field, I doubt he gets a second chance here.

Everything that I read about CH is telling me that the young man is doing much, much better, but the fans still want to see the absolute worst case scenario for him. It is possible that he has moved past all that but it appears that many of our fans cannot.

True Story here.....

February '06, I see O'dells cousin and he asks what's Cincinnati going to do this year. I say, hey if Palmer comes back healthy, then we'll be straight and probably another playoff run. I asked, " So what's O'Dell doing ?", He said, and I quote... " The same thing he does every summer, sit at home and smoke weed "

So O'Dell is who he is... It takes time to change a man. And a little self initiative.

With all due respect Chrish, this sounds like pure unadulterated bullsh*t. Ask Odell's cousin(?) how he passed all of the court and NFL mandated drug tests if he spent all summer smoking weed. Jesus!

Everything that I read about CH is telling me that the young man is doing much, much better, but the fans still want to see the absolute worst case scenario for him. It is possible that he has moved past all that but it appears that many of our fans cannot.

True Story here.....

February '06, I see O'dells cousin and he asks what's Cincinnati going to do this year. I say, hey if Palmer comes back healthy, then we'll be straight and probably another playoff run. I asked, " So what's O'Dell doing ?", He said, and I quote... " The same thing he does every summer, sit at home and smoke weed "

With all due respect Chrish, this sounds like pure unadulterated bullsh*t. Ask Odell's cousin(?) how he passed all of the court and NFL mandated drug tests if he spent all summer smoking weed. Jesus!

You see this is what I'm talking about. When people lack facts to make an arguement, they get personal, and intimidated that they're not part of some bigger picture usually because their egos are larger than their penises.

- The best thing about reading is that it is fun-da-mental. Whenever you read something, you should read for comprehension, so here lies the many problems of your post.

" February '06 " ... yes it's ok to look back up at the original post and see where you've made a complete arse of yourself. You see, to us Bengal fans that actually KNOW, what happened to O'Dell, was that he was already apart of the NFL Substance abuse program, and thus was subjected to drug testing on a consistent basis. - The problem was that O'Dell started skipping his scheduled drug tests which to the NFL Substance abuse Program, that constitutes a " positive " test because the player has " failed to show ".

- So let's get back to your silly post. - It was late February of '06 that the rumors started that O'Dell would be suspended because of his drug use. O'Dell tried to lie his way out of it, which delayed the eventual hammer coming down, as a matter of fact, he lied to Marvin, ( EVerybody remembers that ) He lied to Mike Brown, and the list continues to grow. It's called substance abuse. People addicted to things, will tend to LIE to support their habits, or gain simpathy for their actions.

- The NFL said, we'll suspend Thurman the first 4 games, and then He, Chris Henry, and that pip squeak quarterback that we tried to turn into a wide receiver go on a drinking binge where the policemans' cruiser camera became a very unpopular "youtube" that we had to put up with for about 5 months.

- Everyone is entitled to their OPINION, even when it's wrong. :wacko: