It's kind of funny

combatbengal

Towards the end of the season, when we were out of the playoff hunt, I voiced my opinion on how important the rest of the games would be. My claim was that the more games that we lose (and no I never want to see them lose), the better our draft pick # would be. We won some more games and ended up with the 9th pick. Which may prevent us from getting one of the better def players out there? Now I see people on here wishing that we had a higher pick or wishing that we make some type of trade to get a better pick. It’ll be interesting to see who we get!

Towards the end of the season, when we were out of the playoff hunt, I voiced my opinion on how important the rest of the games would be. My claim was that the more games that we lose (and no I never want to see them lose), the better our draft pick # would be. We won some more games and ended up with the 9th pick. Which may prevent us from getting one of the better def players out there? Now I see people on here wishing that we had a higher pick or wishing that we make some type of trade to get a better pick. It’ll be interesting to see who we get!

Sorry, but I don't want to live in a world where knocking the Browns out of the playoffs isn't important.

Yeah, I see your point....but as of now I think we have a decent spot. Personally I am hoping one of the "wanted guys" slips to our spot and we get offered a sweet deal for trade. I am not saying we do it, but I hope we at least think about it depending on what the deal is for our spot.

I personally don't want to do what it would take to move up to a "better" spot.....too much guranteed money and top draft pick money type stuff for my liking. I like the number 9 spot if we can get a difference maker type guy. If not trade that sucker away for some more pics to fill our holes.

Speaking about big money players, in my opinion, none of these guys should get a huge contract. I think these guys coming into the NFL should have to prove themselves as a pro before they get the big contracts. Yea, they played well and proved what they can do in college. but this is a different league. Look at all the bust that the Bengals have had in the past!

Speaking about big money players, in my opinion, none of these guys should get a huge contract. I think these guys coming into the NFL should have to prove themselves as a pro before they get the big contracts. Yea, they played well and proved what they can do in college. but this is a different league. Look at all the bust that the Bengals have had in the past!

Ki-jana Carter, Akili Smith? Bust? What Bust?

EXACTLY! anyone else glad we haven't had a top 5 pick in a while?

I LOVED the #1 pick in '03! It was the BPA at the position we needed most. IMHO THAT's how drafts work for your team. The next year we just took the BPA and got it broke off in our ass. <_<

I LOVED the #1 pick in '03! It was the BPA at the position we needed most. IMHO THAT's how drafts work for your team. The next year we just took the BPA and got it broke off in our ass. <_<

Man, it seems like Carson has been around longer than that. With the exception of the 03 draft I'm glad the Bengals have stayed out of the top 5 for a while.

Man, it seems like Carson has been around longer than that. With the exception of the 03 draft I'm glad the Bengals have stayed out of the top 5 for a while.

I feel you dude, but Carson is still coming into his prime. As far as finding him at #1 when Klingler, Smith and Carter were busts...all I can say is even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I feel you dude, but Carson is still coming into his prime. As far as finding him at #1 when Klingler, Smith and Carter were busts...all I can say is even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

What really sucks about Smith and Carter is everyone had them as can't miss. Guess everyone was wrong. But hey that was better than drafting Ryan Leaf I guess.

What really sucks about Smith and Carter is everyone had them as can't miss. Guess everyone was wrong.

By "everyone", I assume you meant all the mockers. You have to understand one thing about them...all they have to go on to form these predictions is how the particular player performed in college. Hardly something that equates straight across into the pros, yet something they always forget, and nobody from the human race could actually foretell. I don't care if your name is Nostradamus. You just don't know.

What really sucks about Smith and Carter is everyone had them as can't miss. Guess everyone was wrong.

By "everyone", I assume you meant all the mockers. You have to understand one thing about them...all they have to go on to form these predictions is how the particular player performed in college. Hardly something that equates straight across into the pros, yet something they always forget, and nobody from the human race could actually foretell. I don't care if your name is Nostradamus. You just don't know.

Yeah, by everyone I meant the so-called experts (not us Bengals fans of course, we are all knowing) :D

In the draft it's just a crap shoot, think Adrian Peterson would still go 7th if they could do last year's draft over?