Chances of Dorsey dropping?

walzav29

He could be this year's Adrian Peterson. I'm assuming extensive medical records will be available to teams and their medical staff to look over. They don't expect teams to just draft without some open data do they? If it's not a long term worry then go for it. If his tibia is likely to snap should a mouse fart within 20 miles then pass.

Id put the chance at close to zero. Don Banks passed this along in his Sunday column...

One NFL club executive told me: "He's fine as far as we're concerned. He passed our physical. Our doctors have a good comfort level with Dorsey. He put on a dominating performance in the national championship game, and that was his most recent game. I don't think we're worried about him."

You have to think now that Ellis has leap-frogged Dorsey as the #1 DT. Now that he admitted that he was hurt last year could that drop him to #9? You have to figure that New England has Wilfork and Seymour. Baltimore has offensive needs. It could happen. I won't hold my breath though.

Actually, I heard that Ellis is dropping because of a poor 40 time. And I hope he does, because I don't really give a sh*t about the 40 time for a DT, and if it means he falls to us, good.

I still think Dorsey is the #1 DT. Were talking about a stress fracture in his tibia - even though he's a big boy, that should heal fine with a little time off and word from John Clayton is it has. So if teams pass on him, they're idiots.

I am holding out hope that combine stupidity will drop one of them.

Can one of these 2 drop? I hope so. It would be the 1st dominant DT in the 26 years I've watched the Bengals. If the Pats and Ravens are full at DT. Then who screws us?

Dolphins

Rams

Atlanta

Raiders

Chiefs

Jets

Hmmmmmmmmm.

You have to figure McFadden, Jake Long, and Chris Long are locks for 3 of these top 5. What are the odds of the other 2 taking Ellis and Dorsey?

Can one of these 2 drop? I hope so. It would be the 1st dominant DT in the 26 years I've watched the Bengals. If the Pats and Ravens are full at DT. Then who screws us?

Dolphins

Rams

Atlanta

Raiders

Chiefs

Jets

Hmmmmmmmmm.

You have to figure McFadden, Jake Long, and Chris Long are locks for 3 of these top 5. What are the odds of the other 2 taking Ellis and Dorsey?

Any other year that we're not a factor - zero. This year, 100% :D

Can one of these 2 drop? I hope so. It would be the 1st dominant DT in the 26 years I've watched the Bengals.

What, no big Daddy?

Joking aside, I've got a helluvalot of respect for one particular interior D-lineman who played for the Bengals less than 26 years ago.

Lots of gass to pass between now and April 26. Players will rise and fall, no way to know until draft day. Agents spread rumors about players, owners do too. I think the NFL waits too long from the Super Bowl to draft day, should speed it up, I spend too much time reading sports news anyway, have the draft sooner and I can get back to more important things like learning a new fly tying pattern or scheming to spend a few extra bucks without my wife catching on.

I was hoping to go to a 3 - 4 (finally) and Dorsey doesn't fit there as well - he's an under-tackle. As I said on the draft board, If all the top DL and OL are gone, then get the "Q"

Quentin Groves (DE/OLB)

6'03"; 255 lbs

Ran a forty yesterday in 4.52

Bench press (225lbs): 31 reps

Good kid, great football player (LSU Defensive captain)

He's a freak and a monster - and a guy you can build a defense around.

He and Gholston, not Dorsey or C.Long or Ellis, will be the defensive stars of this draft.

I was hoping to go to a 3 - 4 (finally) and Dorsey doesn't fit there as well - he's an under-tackle. As I said on the draft board, If all the top DL and OL are gone, then get the "Q"

Quentin Groves (DE/OLB)

6'03"; 255 lbs

Ran a forty yesterday in 4.57

Tied Jake Long for tops in bench press (225lbs): 37 reps

Good kid, great football player (LSU Defensive captain)

He's a freak and a monster - and a guy you can build a defense around.

He and Gholston, not Dorsey or C.Long or Ellis, will be the defensive stars of this draft.

Nice positives, but some VERY serious flaws as well. Seems more like a great measurables athletic specimen than a football player

Also, why did his numbers drop off this past year?

from: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ntingroves.html

Strengths:

Excellent athleticism and agility...Very good timed speed and quickness...Explosive with a burst to close...Terrific range and does a nice job in pursuit...Good strength and decent power...Reliable tackler...Offers some versatility...Was real productive.

Weaknesses:

Extremely inconsistent and lacks a great motor...Undersized and doesn't have the ideal bulk that you look for..Isn't stout at the point...Marginal instincts, awareness and recognition...Limited pass rush repertoire...Too aggressive at times...Slow off the line...Has trouble shedding blocks...Poor technique..A questionable work ethic.

Notes:

Played some outside linebacker as a senior and that may be his home at the next level...Auburn's all-time sack leader...A better pro prospect than Reggie Torbor or Stanley McClover were...Is more of an athlete than a football player and could get overdrafted...His best fit might come in a 3-4 scheme..A classic "Workout Warrior".

Nice positives, but some VERY serious flaws as well. Seems more like a great measurables athletic specimen than a football player

Also, why did his numbers drop off this past year?

He played with 3 broken bones in his foot the entire year. The Tiger coaches moved him to OLB for a few games early in the year so he could get on the field.

Id put the chance at close to zero. Don Banks passed this along in his Sunday column...

One NFL club executive told me: "He's fine as far as we're concerned. He passed our physical. Our doctors have a good comfort level with Dorsey. He put on a dominating performance in the national championship game, and that was his most recent game. I don't think we're worried about him."

How do you know this wasn't a Bengals exec commenting?

Our doctors have a good comfort level ...

oh, um, never mind... <_<

How do you know this wasn't a Bengals exec commenting?

Our doctors have a good comfort level ...

oh, um, never mind... <_<

LOL....nice!

Dolphins

Rams

Atlanta

Raiders

Chiefs

Jets

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Considering there are 6 teams there, not 5 there is a pretty good chance.