Justin a Niner?

HoosierCat

I'm fairly confident that the guys who sign the paychecks know alot more about talent than the ShulaSteakhouses of the world.

Bottom Line: Justin Smith is about to break the bank again, and for good reason.

The same experts that are allegedly about the sign Justin drafted Alex garbage Smith number one in the draft too, but I'm sorry they are experts they know talent. They also signed a decent at best cornerback that did not make the pro bowl to a 80 million dollar contract, no but they are experts and never make mistakes. What you are saying does not have any validity if what you said made since then there would never be any busts in the draft because the guys signing checks would always know what they are talking about.

Sorry, let me clarify things for you. Unless you're willing to claim that Smith won't break the bank as a free agent your claims that he can't beat a double team or only makes tackles 7 yards past the LOS aren't worth anything. It's just a bunch of worthless yammering.

Frankly, we know how highly the Bengals have valued Justin Smith, and armed with years and years worth of film to study we're now about to find out what other NFL teams think about his worth.

I say he breaks the bank.

Yes, he'll get a big contract but that's more a reflection of the market than a comment on Justin's individual merits. Justin will be one of the top 10, maybe top 5 highest paid DEs in the league. He won't be one of the 10 best. That's simply because he's the best DE on the market this year when there is lots of unspent cap room.

Yes, he'll get a big contract but that's more a reflection of the market than a comment on Justin's individual merits. Justin will be one of the top 10, maybe top 5 highest paid DEs in the league. He won't be one of the 10 best. That's simply because he's the best DE on the market this year when there is lots of unspent cap room.

Bull. Justin Smith has been one of the highest paid DE's in the NFL since being drafted, and the big contract you admit he's about to bank will mean he'll be one of the NFL's highest paid DE's for about 10 years running.

Hardly a one-year thing, ehh?

Bull. Justin Smith has been one of the highest paid DE's in the NFL since being drafted, and the big contract you admit he's about to bank will mean he'll be one of the NFL's highest paid DE's for about 10 years running.

Hardly a one-year thing, ehh?

A top 10 contract at your position does not mean that you are automatically a top ten player at you r position, did Stacy Andrews jump to a top 10 linemen since he's getting paid like one? Justin Smith is not on anybody list as a top ten defensive end in the league the New York Giants alone have three defensive ends that's better then him. Just like the guy said he will be a product of a weak defensive end free agent market this year and a boosted salary cap, make your money Justin but believe me he's not worth top ten money I can easily name ten defensive ends that are better then him in the league.

IMHO Smith is worth keeping. People are saying just about the same things they said about Eric Steinback before he went to Cleveland and made an impact there. We need to stop supplying the competition with our quality players.

IMHO Smith is worth keeping. People are saying just about the same things they said about Eric Steinback before he went to Cleveland and made an impact there. We need to stop supplying the competition with our quality players.

I agree. The only thing we can do is replace him in the draft.... with.. a rookie. We have to be thinking Vernon Gholston, it has to be DE as our #1 pick. There's nothing out there in FA.

If Justin is part of this whole blowing up idea, In Marvin I Trust.

I'm sorry people but for a 4th pick in the draft you would expect him to have done more in his career than what he has done...Maybe if he had more DL help he could have done more ,but to be the 4th pick in the draft you are supposed to be THAT person that changes a defense not just help it to be average...

I'm sorry people but for a 4th pick in the draft you would expect him to have done more in his career than what he has done...Maybe if he had more DL help he could have done more ,but to be the 4th pick in the draft you are supposed to be THAT person that changes a defense not just help it to be average...

Well he certainly isn't Jared Allen and Kearney who don't have star DTs playing alongside them. Yes they had healthy LBs, especially in Kearney's case but Justin has never been a stud DE. It's a shame that another hole will appear on our front 7 but then again, lots of work was needed to begind with. It isn't going to recitified this year either. It'll take at least a couple of years to get it up to a good level. By which time the offense will have to be rebuilt in large chunks. What a wasted opportunity the last few years have been.