ESPN2 Reporting trade talks with Redskins

duus

As long as it's not that crap he did with the douchebag from Matchbox 20. I'm sure he'd like to forget about that little episode.

And I'm sure you're wrong. That song earned him many awards. WTF are you thinking!?! Jesus H. Christ...I'm almost 50 and I love hearing music where we get a seasoned rock veteran like Carlos Santana bring forth new young talent to the stage. I hate to break this to you DC, but you are becoming your dad. Shame on you!

And I'm sure you're wrong. That song earned him many awards. WTF are you thinking!?! Jesus H. Christ...I'm almost 50 and I love hearing music where we get a seasoned rock veteran like Carlos Santana bring forth new young talent to the stage. I hate to break this to you DC, but you are becoming your dad. Shame on you!

Oh I like old with new...when it's good. Like Johnny Cash and Soundgarden. But Matchbox 20 is pussrock pure and simple!

There is no team that would over-compensate more than the Redskins. This could be a kings ransom.

Agreed. And regardless of their cap situation, they'll restructure deals to make it work (they always have). This has me salivating, if we can rip them off. And then I'd have the double pleasure of watching Chad every week deal with a QB with a rocket arm but no aim.

I'm so pissed that the Redskins game in in Cinci this year.

Oh I like old with new...when it's good. Like Johnny Cash and Soundgarden. But Matchbox 20 is pussrock pure and simple!

heavymetalew0.jpg

I'm sorry DC...I'm not slamming you, but your response reminded me of this picture.

Now to get back on topic, I'm willing to bet anyone that next season Chad Johnson WILL be wearing stripes. His wallet may me fatter, but he'll still be a Bengal.

I'm sorry, but when has Chad been a game breaker? You know who always gets the ball in the clutch? TJ. Almost every time. The only real thing Chad is good for is drawing double coverage and opening the passing lanes for other receivers. IF we could establish a running game, we wouldn't hafta worry about the defense dropping so many guys back into coverage.

Or use the extra 3rd on a pass catching TE like Brad Cottam.

Cottam isn't a pass catching TE, he's a blocking TE. Rucker or Davis would be examples of pass catchers.

But I don't think the team would draft a pure pass catching TE. So they should get a blocker who can catch, at least the short to intermediate routes ...

Better, people.

This time, in my weekly check-in to see if the CJ reaction threads are gone, we are down to two on the first page of the forum, instead of six. That's progress.

I yearn for the day I can check in and there are no CJ threads on the first page of the forum.

Remember, he's like a two-year old having a temper tantrum. Ignore him, and he will stop.

I heard a report over the weekend on 1360 ESPN Radio that said something about Rosnehaus answering to Marvin Lewis' statemet about Chad and the Bengals absolutely NOT trading 85. According to the report, Rosenhaus apparently said that if Coach Marvin Lewis doesn't believe there are trade talks then he's living in a fantasy world.

Do you think Drew was talking specifically about Chad or just talking about back-door trades in general, which Marvin Lewis claims DO NOT happen in the NFL? Has anyone else seen/heard this report anywhere? I checked ESPN and Google and couldn't find anything, it may just be another BS report on ESPN's behalf.

I heard a report over the weekend on 1360 ESPN Radio that said something about Rosnehaus answering to Marvin Lewis' statemet about Chad and the Bengals absolutely NOT trading 85. According to the report, Rosenhaus apparently said that if Coach Marvin Lewis doesn't believe there are trade talks then he's living in a fantasy world.

If Mike Brown confirms Lewis's claim that the Bengals haven't discussed trading Chad, and have no interest in even considering the idea, then it may be high time for the Bengals to file a tampering complaint against the Redskins. Granted, they won't win anything as tampering is almost impossible to prove, but filing a complaint would send a strong message to the Redskins and all other teams, and would throw some much needed cold water into Rosenhaus's lap.

If Mike Brown confirms Lewis's claim that the Bengals haven't discussed trading Chad, and have no interest in even considering the idea, then it may be high time for the Bengals to file a tampering complaint against the Redskins. Granted, they won't win anything as tampering is almost impossible to prove, but filing a complaint would send a strong message to the Redskins and all other teams, and would throw some much needed cold water into Rosenhaus's lap.

I've still yet to see a report of this (what I heard over the weekend) anywhere? Has anyone else seen/heard Rosenhaus's comment?

I've still yet to see a report of this (what I heard over the weekend) anywhere? Has anyone else seen/heard Rosenhaus's comment?

Didn't hear the ESPN Radio segment but saw this on PFT a few days ago. Similiar wording.

POSTED 12:32 p.m. EST, February 14, 2008

BENGALS TO PLAY HARDBALL WITH JOHNSON

Publicly, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has said, in no uncertain terms, that receiver Chad Johnson won't be traded. To the extent that some might think it's a ruse aimed at driving up the price tag, think again.

David Elfin of the Washington Times, citing two unnamed sources, reports that the Bengals plan to play hardball with Johnson.

So there will be no trade. It's not surprising, and it's consistent with everything we've been hearing on the subject. Johnson's options are to play for the Bengals, or to not play at all.

Whether Johnson can remove the stick from his backside and play productive football in Cincinnati remains to be seen. As Lewis pointed out on Wednesday, Giants defensive end Michael Strahan put his differences with management aside, and was rewarded with a Super Bowl trophy. For Johnson, who is under contract for three more seasons, there's no incentive or reason for the Bengals to restructure his contract yet again.

Elfin is working this story because Johnson recently has been linked to the Redskins. Citing unnamed sources, the Washingtpon Post has reported that the 'Skins are interested. But, as Lewis has explained, there can't be a trade effort if one party to the trade doesn't want to talk.

Then again, several league insiders have expressed to us a strong suspicion that the Redskins have engaged in private talks with agent Drew Rosenhaus and/or Johnson himself about working out a trade. As one source opined, "If you don't think the Redskins are tampering with Johnson, you're living on another planet."