Draft will be crazy this year.

walshfan

Every mock draft has Dorsey going to Miami to start off the draft..

Ya think????????

Parcells is going to run a 3-4 and Dorsey is no NT..sides that no DT is going to go numero uno especially with Parcells drafting.. first pick money ( a boatload to be sure ) for a grunt in the trenches? no way Jose not in Big Bill's house it wont... Only team in many a year to do that was the Bengasl with Big Daddy ( howd that workout)..

Doubt he can trade the pick either ..3000 value points is a ball buster unless its with the number two or three team and why would they trade for Dorsey when St, Louis could have Jake Long to solidify their pourous pass protection( 48 sacks allowed ) and Atlanta needs a NAME player ( McFadden to replace the aging Dunn)...

No ole Bill is STUCK with the pick unless Dallas can pony up some players to go with the #22 and other first round pick if they want McFadden badly enough.. But do they.. dunno..

Parcells may be stuck with taking a QB or DE with the pick.. Chris Long? Is he really a numbe one though.. Matt Ryan .. same with him.....

If that happens then the Raiders ( who will take Sedric Ellis to replace Sapp) then have a shot at Dorsey and Ellis could fall to the Bengals..

If not then Dorsey and Ellis should be long gone along with Vern Gohlston ( Jets) Laurinatis ( Pats ) if he declares which is 50-50 right now and the Longs boys..

That leaves the Bengals with a choice of Keith Rivers OLB, Dan Connor MLB, or Calais Campbell DE

as their number one.... my bet would be on Rivers or Campbell at that pooint..

God I hope Im wrong .. This team NEEDS Sedric Ellis in the worst wayl.. trade down for him if they have to but GET HIM.........

He would be an end in a 3-4 but the fact reamains he's still a grunt on the line.. Not a pass rushing freak but another run stopper/ control the line type and thats not first pick money imo..

The beginning of the draft will depend a lot on tommorow who is dominate and who is not dominate. If Glenn does absolutely nothing in the game tomorrow will he drop a little in the draft; if he dominates there is no way that Parcells can pass him up. Lauranitis coming out might depend on what the Bucks do tomorrow I think if they win he will leave. What about Gholston if his name is not called will he fall or if he dominates will he move up, be sure to tune in tomorrow people will move up and down tommorow depending on the game. I'm not sold on Rivers seems a little to high to be drafting him in the draft he's not on Patrick Willis level and we are talking about drafting him higher in the draft then Willis last year I'm not feeling that at all; plus in the big game the other night he was not even the best linebacker on his team you don't select Brian Simmons part 2 that high.

He would be an end in a 3-4 but the fact reamains he's still a grunt on the line.. Not a pass rushing freak but another run stopper/ control the line type and thats not first pick money imo..

The beginning of the draft will depend a lot on tommorow who is dominate and who is not dominate. If Glenn does absolutely nothing in the game tomorrow will he drop a little in the draft; if he dominates there is no way that Parcells can pass him up. Lauranitis coming out might depend on what the Bucks do tomorrow I think if they win he will leave. What about Gholston if his name is not called will he fall or if he dominates will he move up, be sure to tune in tomorrow people will move up and down tommorow depending on the game. I'm not sold on Rivers seems a little to high to be drafting him in the draft he's not on Patrick Willis level and we are talking about drafting him higher in the draft then Willis last year I'm not feeling that at all; plus in the big game the other night he was not even the best linebacker on his team you don't select Brian Simmons part 2 that high.

Okay...I just dont get how one single/final college game can define a players draft position. To not take into account his final season in the least at this level is sheer folly on the part of the people grading the draftees.

Okay...I just dont get how one single/final college game can define a players draft position.

One single game? Shoot, how about the crazy rises and falls once the combine hits and the Great Draft Hype Machine gets going? :wacko: But that, it seems, is the way it works. I remember something Brian Billick said a couple years ago to the effect that, "every year I remind myself not to get excited about what guys do in shorts, but every year we do."

Okay...I just dont get how one single/final college game can define a players draft position.

One single game? Shoot, how about the crazy rises and falls once the combine hits and the Great Draft Hype Machine gets going? :wacko: But that, it seems, is the way it works. I remember something Brian Billick said a couple years ago to the effect that, "every year I remind myself not to get excited about what guys do in shorts, but every year we do."

Brian had a good point there. ^_^

I think that the Ravens might end up drafting Gholston right ahead of us.

Yeah, the bastids. Still, a good defensive impact player should still be available at 9. Unless they all conspire against us. <_<

Well you know how much Roger Godell hates the Bengals, so he might take all the defensive players off the board and not allow them to pick one at the #9 spot...and then he will suspend what ever player they pick for the entire year...

^_^

Okay...I just dont get how one single/final college game can define a players draft position. To not take into account his final season in the least at this level is sheer folly on the part of the people grading the draftees.

Come on buddy you see it every year how people play big (Jamarcus Russel) in the BCS game and jump up in the draft and how they don't play that good Troy Smith and Brady Quinn and how they fall. They take in account his year but that big stage they play on at the end of the year is just that the big stage.

Come on buddy you see it every year how people play big (Jamarcus Russel) in the BCS game and jump up in the draft and how they don't play that good Troy Smith and Brady Quinn and how they fall. They take in account his year but that big stage they play on at the end of the year is just that the big stage.

Russell was overrated because it was a weak QB year (a la Alex Smith). Brady Quinn went low because 1) not as many teams as expected needed QBs, and 2) he sucked in big games. Troy Smith went low because he's a game manager type like Ken Dorsey. It's not just a BCS thing.

You want to see the mad rush, wait till the combine 40 yard run numbers come out, that and the bench press. Remember the lineman last year who was 325lbs, could run a 4.8 40, bench 225lbs something like 35 times, and do a backflip? That was great except he was a total nutjob.

IMHO, with the grief & scrutiny the Texans have received with the Super Mario pick, I believe the Tuna will opt for a skill position.

- at this time, there are no WR's worthy of a top ten pick

- ditto DE, DB, and LB - Chris Long is productive, but doesn't have off-the chart measurables

- Depending on the Senior Bowl, East-West, and combine - Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm could get there - I don't think John Beck is a Parcells kind of guy

- With the success of Adrian Petersen this year, McFadden is a top 3 guy

- I'm not sure an OT has ever gone #1, but Long has pro-bowl written all over him

The further Dorsey drops, the further Ellis drops!

IMHO, with the grief & scrutiny the Texans have received with the Super Mario pick, I believe the Tuna will opt for a skill position.

- ditto DE, DB, and LB - Chris Long is productive, but doesn't have off-the chart measurables

- Depending on the Senior Bowl, East-West, and combine - Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm could get there - I don't think John Beck is a Parcells kind of guy

- I'm not sure an OT has ever gone #1, but Long has pro-bowl written all over him

Orlanso Pace is the only OT taken #1 overall I believe. Pretty surprising, IMO. Very important position.

Orlanso Pace is the only OT taken #1 overall I believe. Pretty surprising, IMO. Very important position.

That proved to be a great pick also.

Miami will either trade the pick to say a Dallas ( which covets McFadden) for extra picks and possibly a player or two or draft a player thats could be considered a franchise type in the near future...

Matt Ryan may stoked their interest....possibly Jake Long but I dont see Long as the Orlando Pace type player ...

I think Tuna wants to trade the pick... all that money for a first pick for a Dlineman?? hell no

That proved to be a great pick also.

Oddly enough the #1 pick that year belonged to the Jets, coached by Parcells. They traded it to the Rams.