Browns ready to dump Anderson?

jjakq27

The guy saves Crennel's job (as did the Bengals defense that day) and now they say they are willing to listen to trade offers for him. I guess Brady is still the man.

As I said in a previous post, I think he may have been exposed a little in the game two weeks ago vs. the Bengals.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale....xml&coll=2

The guy saves Crennel's job (as did the Bengals defense that day) and now they say they are willing to listen to trade offers for him. I guess Brady is still the man.

As I said in a previous post, I think he may have been exposed a little in the game two weeks ago vs. the Bengals.

I give more credit to the Browns recievers and O-Line and Runningback than I do to Anderson. What he did was great, but with Edwards, Jurevicious and Winslow, add that to that monster O-Line, and a lot of quarterbacks are going to do well in that system.

On that note, however, I don't think Brady can do much better, but the Browns organization must think different.

With Parcells at Miami now, I wonder how interested he'd be in taking a look at acquiring the services of one Mr. Quinn down in fin's country...

With Parcells at Miami now, I wonder how interested he'd be in taking a look at acquiring the services of one Mr. Quinn down in fin's country...

Great point! They need an adequate QB so bad that Derek Anderson would be a Godsend for Miami.

I give more credit to the Browns recievers and O-Line and Runningback than I do to Anderson. What he did was great, but with Edwards, Jurevicious and Winslow, add that to that monster O-Line, and a lot of quarterbacks are going to do well in that system.

On that note, however, I don't think Brady can do much better, but the Browns organization must think different.

Good QB's still need tools to work with,it's the bad ones who can't get it done with the tools.

I don't know about being exposed he just had a bad game every quarterback has one, if that was the case Carson would have been exposed in about seven games this year. What's bad is that they had all those turnovers and they still were in the game in the end. I don't think trading Anderson is a Crennel decison it's a Phil Savage decision. They will not trade him anyway this offseason unless it's an offer that knocks them off their feet and I don't think anybody is willing to give up something crazy to get him. I think they will let them battle it out in training camp and sees how the winner does during the season next year and then trade one of them. That's the smart thing to do and those guys are a lot smarter then I am. I wish we had somebody that was expendable that we could get something for.

I don't know about being exposed he just had a bad game every quarterback has one, if that was the case Carson would have been exposed in about seven games this year. What's bad is that they had all those turnovers and they still were in the game in the end. I don't think trading Anderson is a Crennel decison it's a Phil Savage decision. They will not trade him anyway this offseason unless it's an offer that knocks them off their feet and I don't think anybody is willing to give up something crazy to get him. I think they will let them battle it out in training camp and sees how the winner does during the season next year and then trade one of them. That's the smart thing to do and those guys are a lot smarter then I am. I wish we had somebody that was expendable that we could get something fcor.

[/quotie]

Anderson is a restricted free agent. A team will have to part with a 1st and 3rd if they make an offer that Cleveland does not match.

I think that this was his first real taste of a must win and he didn't come through. During the game he looked very average against what many here consider a poor defense. My point is that Anderson had a good year but I don't think he is all that good. To me he is a bigger version of Jon Kitna.

I think you're all making too much of it. All Romeo said is the Browns would listen to offers, which is the smart thing to do even if they have no intent on moving Anderson.

As for whether Anderson is overrated, he threw 29 TD passes, a figure bettered by only 3 other QB's, none of whom are named Carson Palmer. And there's the rub because Anderson went 10-5 as a starter despite being on a team with a worse defense than the Bengals.

I think you're all making too much of it. All Romeo said is the Browns would listen to offers, which is the smart thing to do even if they have no intent on moving Anderson.

IMHO the Browns think they cannot possibly keep both of these QB's. I feel that it will be Anderson that finds himself in another uniform come September 2008, and the Browns will profit from that in players or draft picks.

As for whether Anderson is overrated, he threw 29 TD passes, a figure bettered by only 3 other QB's, none of whom are named Carson Palmer. And there's the rub because Anderson went 10-5 as a starter despite being on a team with a worse defense than the Bengals.

Just my personal opinion but you know numbers can be deceiving. After all our running back broke the team record for rushing yards in 2004 and 2005 and our quarterback broke the team record in passing yards in 2006 and 2007 yet people want to dump our OC.

So I think Anderson may not be all that the numbers say he is that's all. Let's see how he ranks over the next three or four years. Guys like him are plentiful. You know guys like Tommy Maddux, Kelly Holcomb and Jon Kitna.

The Clowns can't realistically trade Quinn at this point, the cap hit would be too big for them to absorb. 1st round pics will do that to you.

They obviously took Quinn not knowing what they had in Anderson and who can really blame them? If they don’t want a locker room dividing QB controversy on their hands however they’re going to have to do something with Anderson eventually.

And even though Anderson may be a restricted FA that doesn’t mean the Clowns “have” to demand a 1st and 3rd for him. They can wave that and trade him for whatever deal they feel is best.

And I agree with HOF, all the skidmarks are saying is that they’ll “listen” to offers; they’re not making hard statements about having to trade him. Any team would listen to offers for any of their players, who knows when the next insane Ricky Williams type offer might slide across a GM’s desk? ;)