Only a 3rd rounder for Chad?

walzav29

This is from Fathead King's column

c. Chad Johnson, by the way, sounds like a man who wants out. Wouldn't be surprised -- nor would several of my NBC peers -- if Bill Parcells, who is not afraid of bigmouths, deals his first pick in the third round to Cincinnati for Johnson.

Only a 3rd rounder for him? What did TO and Randy get? At least a 1st rounder. Geez.

c. Chad Johnson, by the way, sounds like a man who wants out. Wouldn't be surprised -- nor would several of my NBC peers -- if Bill Parcells, who is not afraid of bigmouths, deals his first pick in the third round to Cincinnati for Johnson.

Only a 3rd rounder for him? What did TO and Randy get? At least a 1st rounder. Geez.

Randy was a 4th round and TO was cut by the iggles.

No way will anyone give up a first for Chad, IMO. The Bengals probably wouldn't trade him for anything less and even then probably not at all.

Later in the article it says this

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...0/week17/6.html

7. I think the two places to keep an eye on this week regarding coaching changes are Cincinnati and San Francisco. We know Atlanta, and probably Miami, will be open. After that, Marvin Lewis and Bengals ownership will meet early in the week, as will Mike Nolan and Niner ownership. I could see Lewis finding his way out if he can't get rid of the troublemakers. I think Nolan will work it out to stay in San Francisco. Lots of other rumors, but this is the time for them. And I'd bet a few will be right, because a year of two or three coaching changes, recently, is unheard of. I'm going to write about the best coaching candidates in the league on Tuesday morning. You'll all get a kick out of that, if you can see. New Year's Day, you know.

I think it's a big decision this week. If Mike Brown picks Chad over Marvin Lewis, it will validate that Mike Brown is a true idiot. I will guarantee we will regret it big time if Marvin leaves. Who will coach the Bengals? Bratkowski? Ken Anderson. This is a big, big, week.

I think it's a big decision this week. If Mike Brown picks Chad over Marvin Lewis, it will validate that Mike Brown is a true idiot. I will guarantee we will regret it big time if Marvin leaves. Who will coach the Bengals? Bratkowski? Ken Anderson. This is a big, big, week.

Chad sells jerseys though. Cha-ching!

No way will anyone give up a first for Chad, IMO. The Bengals probably wouldn't trade him for anything less and even then probably not at all.

I meant when the Raiders traded for Randy.

Oh right. Doh. :blush: Yeah, 7th overall pick.

This is from Willie

"We cleaned things out in '03 and started fresh," Anderson said. "Somewhere down the line we lost the (blue-collar) mentality that we had. We became a glamour team with Pro Bowl players. (The Bengals should be) a hard-nosed team, Cardiac Kids, playing down to the last second, grinding it out, winning games by being a tough, physical football team. The glamorous teams are not in this division."

"We became a glamour team with Pro Bowl players"

I think it is obvious who is talking about. Who is Blue Collar? TJ or Chad? He took the Bengals in a whole different direction.

Chad sells jerseys though. Cha-ching!

:angry: so true...I hate our ownership

Nor should they. I can all but guarantee that Chad's production would SMOKE any combination of a first AND second round pick's production. If they don't want him for that, then the hell with them. There's still plenty of 40-yard bombs in the vault aimed at them.

Nor should they. I can all but guarantee that Chad's production would SMOKE any combination of a first AND second round pick's production. If they don't want him for that, then the hell with them. There's still plenty of 40-yard bombs in the vault aimed at them.

Quite agree. Chad has 1400 yard for crying out loud. That's while he's being a bit of sulker. Let him eat a few burgers on South beach this winter and he'll be back and ready to go.

I hope and pray

Quite agree. Chad has 1400 yard for crying out loud. That's while he's being a bit of sulker. Let him eat a few burgers on South beach this winter and he'll be back and ready to go.

I hope and pray

Furthermore, his production is sustained. Meaning that he's not one of those one-hit wonders. Guy's been producing since 2002.

I hope and pray

Furthermore, his production is sustained. Meaning that he's not one of those one-hit wonders. Guy's been producing since 2002.

Yeah. Steve Smith anyone? Oooh he's quick. So frigging what? A bit unfair as he hasn't had the best QBs but still, one great season and he's suddenly "elite"? pffft.

Chad everyday and twice on Sunday over 99% of other recievers.

Will Chad EVER see 1400 yards again? Dont think so. How much of that 1400 is on Carson? Alot. Chad is not worth the distractions.

Can Chad EVER be leader enough in a positive way to LEAD this team to the Super Bowl? No Way. Remember Chad's interview with Keyshawn? Chad would not say that the team comes first.

I say push for a second rounder but in the end accept a 3rd. Dont forget how this team moved forward the year after we got rid of Corey Dillon.

:bengal:

Months ago, when the Trade Chad rumors were first floated, Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka engaged in a debate with Chris Mortenson about whether a team could afford to trade a player like Chad Johnson. Parcells and Ditka both agreed that it was more of a case of not being able to afford NOT trading a player with his attitude.

So now I read that Miami is the most likely or logical trade destination in Chad's future?

Yeah, sure thing, Peter.

Will Chad EVER see 1400 yards again? Dont think so. How much of that 1400 is on Carson? Alot. Chad is not worth the distractions.

Can Chad EVER be leader enough in a positive way to LEAD this team to the Super Bowl? No Way. Remember Chad's interview with Keyshawn? Chad would not say that the team comes first.

I say push for a second rounder but in the end accept a 3rd. Dont forget how this team moved forward the year after we got rid of Corey Dillon.

Chad averages 1400 a season and got 1355 with 10 tds with Jon kitna..

The guy can play.

The bengals would be retarded to trade him.

how many times has chad been talking about the bengals not being able to win and how much it's frustrating him.

what do you mean his interview with keyshawn. the guy straight up said, "what's there to be celebrating about? there's nothing to celebrate about." I don't know what you're talking about. If he was so "selfish" he could mention that at that point in time he was on pace to break 2,000 yards receiving on the season.

I would be surprised if they traded him. Henry is not ready nor was Tab Perry ready to step up to the next level at WR. Trading him now, while he is still at or near the top in the league, would be a mistake no matter how he drives some of us nuts. I think they need to keep that part intact and really take a long look at the running game and the play-calling next season on offense first.

I'd not get rid of chad for anything less then a 1st(even then it would be hard for me)

Moss was only a 4th because you knew the raiders were going to cut him + he had 2 off years with injurys.

Chad is Younger then Moss was,Chad is coming off a good seseason and has yet to miss a game from injury.

Chad would sit on the bench for a year before we'd trade him for a 3rd.

This talk is non-sense. They need to get rid of the negative, bad attitude players. Chad has been and will always be one of the hardest workers on the team. He loves the game and has a sincere passion to win. With all that said, he is a baby and he acts like a teenager a lot of times but everything gets amplified when a team underachieves. We need to get rid of the bad apples like Deltha, Robinson, Henry & Dexter. Chad will be on this team and Mike already said he isn't going anywhere. T.J. whines just as much as Chad but he isn't the high profile guy and he don't get the medias attention. If you go back and look at all the games, you'll see TJ constantly complaining to the refs and to Carson and the coaches. We need to keep our stars and get rid of Chuck, hire Rex Ryan, fire Brat, promote Zampese or hire Hue as our OC and get 1 impact free agent. I'm not an expert but those are a few things that seem obvious but management or the HC don't like to take care of the obvious problems.

Anyone who wants to trade Chad is nuts. He is not our problem. I swear, Bengals fans are only happy when they have something to whine about. Focus on reality for once and stop creating problems where there are none.

Dont lump me into some group of whiny Bengal fans. BTW fans are not happy after an unsuccessful season.

Chad is a huge problem:

me first attitude(Keshawn interview)

drops on third down

does not block on running plays

runs out of bounds when the team needs the clock to run(Cleveland)

sits on the ground after fumbling the ball while the ball is still live(Arizona)

does not run the right patterns(New England)

He'll probably be a Bengal again because no one else will want his tired act.

Some of you crack me up. Yes, Chad had some big drops this year, but they are amplified because we have come to expect him to make those plays. Chad would be the first to admit that he had a bad season. The final stats look good, but he was mired with inconsistency like the Bengals in general this year. If Chad is traded TJ will be nothing more than a sub-par receiver. Chad demands a double team. If teams don't double team him he eats them alive. We're not going to get good value if we trade Chad, so we don't trade him. It's really plain and simple. I'd love to see us make a run for a big time DLineman, but we all know that's not going to happen. Mikey doesn't like to spend his money.

I think Brat has to go. Our offense is so freaking predictable that I can call the play (Run left, run right or pass) 80% of the time pre-snap. I'd try to go after Cameron if he gets canned by Miami.