About Today's game...

DuffMan

Granted it was Derrick Anderson, but Ndukwe and Marvin White were making some pretty impressive plays, as were Hall and JJoe. At this point I wouldn't be too hesitant to let Madieu walk and go after another vet safety. It is only one game, but Ndukwe has progressed over the season (he can tackle now! which is more than could be said for Madieu) and White showed nice athleticism on some deflections. JJoe looked like his quicker rookie form and Hall did alright when he wasnt giving Braylon Edwards 10 yards cushion. It's just nice to see a position where young talent seems to be paying off. Also, I looked up Dexter Jackson's salary info on some website, it looks like he is signed through 2010, and if we cut him now we get hit with $700,000 in dead money, and we save $750,000...so basically I wouldn't be surprised of Dexter is still in bengal stripes next year, givin his marginal salary and veteran status, despite how much I would hate to seem him as one of our starters next year.

On the other hand...

Our pass rush was...well...nonexistant. Geathers got some good pressure and forced a holding call or two, but Justin Smith did nothing outside of tip two passes. No doubt the DLine is a position we need to address both via FA and the draft. Also, I don't think I heard Thorton's name more than 3 times today. Both of them combined is about 13 million dollars of salary this year...sad.

i thought ndukwe and white were the biggest plus factor in the game.

both made sure tackles and looked a lot more enthusiastic than williams and jackson.

ndukwe especially lokked really put out whenever someone beat him to the ball carrier!!

jon

I tell you what...I am very excited to see Hall progress as a player. He has improved at a pace that even I could see.

I agree man. That seems to be the way most of us here have felt about Hall. I really liked this pickup and I'm stoked to see how much he's progressing. Our corner play will be VERY solid for the next several years. I'm really happy about that. Hall has a niche for the ball which will force a lot of turnovers.

I will always agree that it is nice to see the youngsters get a chance to play and make the best of that opportunity !!! Outside of that, this still didn't do much for me...

Denver lost last night tying us at 6-9 and there are 6 more teams with one win more than us. Seeing as how we will probably win against the Fins, depending on how many of those 7-8 teams lose, our draft spot could really fall. There are always the tiebreakers to consider as well, but we will see how it all shakes out after next week.

WHODEY !!!

I tell you what...I am very excited to see Hall progress as a player. He has improved at a pace that even I could see.

I agree man. That seems to be the way most of us here have felt about Hall. I really liked this pickup and I'm stoked to see how much he's progressing. Our corner play will be VERY solid for the next several years. I'm really happy about that. Hall has a niche for the ball which will force a lot of turnovers.

yeah, Hall's been putting it down this season.

And I wouldn't be so quick to let Madieu walk after this season either.

It's apparent to me that he and Ndukwe have formed a bond, I'm guessing it might be the African lineage factor.

I will always agree that it is nice to see the youngsters get a chance to play and make the best of that opportunity !!! Outside of that, this still didn't do much for me...

Denver lost last night tying us at 6-9 and there are 6 more teams with one win more than us. Seeing as how we will probably win against the Fins, depending on how many of those 7-8 teams lose, our draft spot could really fall. There are always the tiebreakers to consider as well, but we will see how it all shakes out after next week.

WHODEY !!!

Man, if the Bengals REALLY want to be proactive and get after a player they want, they better trade a draft pick or two.

I wouldn't mind that at all......I'd actually be excited.

It would show me that they're not content just to stay the course and wait their turn.

Man, if the Bengals REALLY want to be proactive and get after a player they want, they better trade a draft pick or two.

It would show me that they're not content just to stay the course and wait their turn.

Wishful thinking my friend. I doubt you'll see many proactive moves, especially with Mikey and the "Three Headed Monster" still having their firm grip on the draft room.

Call me old fashioned but I'd stay put. As much as I covet players like Chris Long and Sedric Ellis....there will be outstanding prospects available whatever the Bengals final draft position turns out to be.

And just for the record, having fewer draft picks doesn't meet my definition of "wishful thinking"....as moving up only a few spots in the 1st round is pretty darn costly.

That being said, maybe not if Chucky is still the D-Coordinator !!!

Agreed, but knowing our history, Mikey boy will probably be satisfied (and therefore have an excuse not to spend more money) with the suppossed defensive improvement at the end of the year and keep him aboard...

unfortunately...

Yeah, like that great defensive effort against San Fran ?? Amazing they can't see this... Or worse, they do and don't care...

WHODEY !!!

and that, my friend, is the problem... Meanwhile, fans such as you and I have to put up with it bacuase we are loyal people... Sooo damn frustarting!