Bengals select

combatbengal

As it looks right now we will have the 9th or 10th pick. I'm not going to speculate who we will pick, although I do have some ideas of who we should go after.

Here is a thought on another subjected Parcells signs 4-year deal to lead Dolphins' football operations. He'll oversee "anything that has to do with football. If we got somebody of this caliber in that position, what would happen?

As it looks right now we will have the 9th or 10th pick. I'm not going to speculate who we will pick, although I do have some ideas of who we should go after.

Here is a thought on another subjected Parcells signs 4-year deal to lead Dolphins' football operations. He'll oversee "anything that has to do with football. If we got somebody of this caliber in that position, what would happen?

on parcells , well we might actually get some player that can play defense.

on the draft, mike and marvin will pass on the first round, saying they are fine with what they have lol.

I would be fine with Dorsey (will be gone), Long or Ellis in r1...even Clady (OT).

After speding some time recalling the college season and reviewing the draft sites, is it me or does this draft look weak at the top? On a whole, it looks ok but there are not that many r1 guys who just jump out at you.

I would be fine with Dorsey (will be gone), Long or Ellis in r1...even Clady (OT).

After speding some time recalling the college season and reviewing the draft sites, is it me or does this draft look weak at the top? On a whole, it looks ok but there are not that many r1 guys who just jump out at you.

I think so too, although I'm not sure if it's that or just the fact that the pre-draft hype machine hasn't yet polluted our minds with overrated views of the players in the draft. Last year was pretty good everywhere but QB, so this one may just look worse by comparison. On the other hand, this year is no 2005 either, which is the worst draft I can recall by far.

The interesting thing will be what happens at #1. Parcells would probably rather have multiple picks, and no DT is probably worth what the #1 spot will bring in terms of cash. Additionally, the way salaries at the top of the draft have run up lately, the question is whether anyone wants the #1 pick this year.

I'm wondering how long it is until something happens like in baseball, where a team pre-negotiates a deal with a lesser player to take less than #1 money at #1.

The interesting thing will be what happens at #1. Parcells would probably rather have multiple picks, and no DT is probably worth what the #1 spot will bring in terms of cash. Additionally, the way salaries at the top of the draft have run up lately, the question is whether anyone wants the #1 pick this year.

Mort said the same things as soon as the hiring was announced, and speculated that the hiring of Parcells all but guarantees the Dolphins will select Dorsey. That didn't bother me much as I've figured all along that Dorsey would be off the board whenever the Bengals select.

However, I'm starting to get more and more nervous that my early pimp daddy, Sedric Elllis, may also be gone. Most of his stats dwarf those produced by Dorsey, he's pocketed plenty of post season awards, and he's already jumped ahead several spots in most draft rankings. In fact, he's rated ahead of Dorsey on Frank Cooney's draft site. Plus, at the combine I'm guessing he'll impress the proverbial crap out of teams with his character. So if he's off the board the Bengals...despite their high draft position...would suddenly find the cream already removed from the DT class.

The Browns don't want someone smarter than them. So it is what it is. Hank Williams' Tear in my Beer suddenly rings in my mind..

I know I'm a homer, and will freely admit it. Watching vernon Gholston tear up the great jake Long convinced me that he's one guy I want on my team. Kind of reminds me of Will Smith.

As far a Mr dinosaur Bill Parcells :yawn:

Gholston would be perfect....

:sure:

I know I'm a homer, and will freely admit it. Watching vernon Gholston tear up the great jake Long convinced me that he's one guy I want on my team. Kind of reminds me of Will Smith.

As far a Mr dinosaur Bill Parcells :yawn:

i agree boomer7, vernon is the main player, i would love to see in bengals stripes.

and yet, somehow, I envision the Ravens grabbing him with their pick.