Bubble Trouble

HairOnFire

Bubble Burst

12/17/07 - Los Angeles Times

By Peter Yoon

The New York Giants practice bubble collapsed Sunday morning after strong winds blew down a set of revolving doors and let the air out.

No one was inside, and no one was hurt. The bubble should be back in operation no later than Thursday.

It was the third time in four years the bubble has collapsed because of severe weather.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hey a broken bubble is more than the Bengals' have.

Looks like Chad/Carson/TJ could use one right now to work on some routes and timing when it's not 11 degrees and windy as hell outside...not that they'd even consider doing that according to PFT:

POSTED 12:11 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

CHAD, T.J. "OUT OF CONTROL"

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.

Looks like Chad/Carson/TJ could use one right now to work on some routes and timing when it's not 11 degrees and windy as hell outside...not that they'd even consider doing that according to PFT:

A league source tells us that there is growing animosity in the Bengals locker room toward receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Per the source, both are yelling "all the time" at quarterback Carson Palmer, but coach Marvin Lewis doesn't say or do anything about it. Players are also upset that the two receivers are trying to "run the team."

The situation reminds us of the latter days of the Denny Green era in Minnesota, where receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss were berating quarterback Daunte Culpepper and operating under a separate set of rules.

I actually believe this ^

TJ hasn't been the same this season, I'm getting tired of him and Chad acting like this. This is Carson's team, NOT theirs... I understand it's a losing season, hopefully the Bengals as a team can overcome this and move forward.

You see? Mike Brown knew this kind of thing would happen all along, that's why we will never have one. Don't you feel silly for criticizing Mikey now?

Exactly. In fact, it dovetails nicely with the Bengals explanation about why they had little interest in the glorified "trash bag suspended on tent poles" practice facility that UC was considering. After all, what good is an indoor practice facility that keeps collapsing in bad weather?

Plus, in the last few years the only time the Bengals could have used a bubble the weather was so severe that it prevented a half dozen teams from using their bubbles due to roads being closed, a lack of electricity, and frozen water pipes.

But none of that matters, right?

Because the bubble is another metaphor, and metaphors win football games.

:lmao:

I actually believe this ^

TJ hasn't been the same this season, I'm getting tired of him and Chad acting like this. This is Carson's team, NOT theirs... I understand it's a losing season, hopefully the Bengals as a team can overcome this and move forward.

They are who we thought they were.

Bubble Burst

12/17/07 - Los Angeles Times

By Peter Yoon

The New York Giants practice bubble collapsed Sunday morning after strong winds blew down a set of revolving doors and let the air out.

No one was inside, and no one was hurt. The bubble should be back in operation no later than Thursday.

It was the third time in four years the bubble has collapsed because of severe weather.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

They are much safer when you use helium and not hydrogen to keep them up.

zep1he9.jpg

Errr...TJ's having his best season ever, dunno where you're going with that.

Still, I wasn't aware that TJ was acting like as big of a jackass as Chad is. Hope not, because Carson doesn't deserve that crap and we can't get rid of BOTH of them.

If it is happening, Marvin needs to fix it for sure. At the same time, where's a guy like Justin or Willie? They've been here longer than Chad or TJ, and should be telling them to STFU.

I thought it was funny hearing a guy on Lance's show yesterday, who called "Mike Brown's office" after becoming so fed up with the lack of competence over the years, and the Bengals' employee, whom I think was actually Hair taking breaks from posting his spins on Bengalszone.com, gave him the line that "we could've left Cincinnati but we didn't."

In other words "shut up, you should just be happy to have NFL football even if it does suck."

That was their response to his unhappiness as a season ticket holder.

Nice. And you wonder why the Bengals' are the running joke of the NFL. I bet they pay Hair $15k a year for a full-time job down at PBS, to monitor internet forums and defend Mike Brown's image.

And just to disappoint Hair:

BENGALS, UC TALKING: With the University of Cincinnati deciding to go ahead with building an indoor facility, the Bengals continue to talk to the school about some kind of partnership.

"The talks are active. We just talked today," said Bob Bedinghaus, the club's director of stadium development, after Monday's meeting. "It's something we want to explore with them."

How Bungalish that after 5 years an NFL head coach can't get something done, but a new college coach from a MAC school comes here and negotiates it into his contract?

Glad Brian Kelly stepped up to help poor old Mike Brown out.

I wonder if Brown will pledge more money towards it than some of the private donors? $25k maybe?

If I'm Brian Kelly, a competent individual who "gets it," there's no way in hell I want to share my facility with the Brown family, no way in hell, who knows what kind of cheap stunts they'll pull.

And just to disappoint Hair:

Again, it won't disappoint me. I just don't care very much.

Furthermore, I'm willing to bet that if the Bengals do get involved the final result will be a far more substantial facility than the "fall down and go boom" inflatable backyard bouncer that UC was originally considering. The same type that keeps falling down whenever the Giants need shelter from truly severe weather.

I haven't been able to find a printed version of an interview I watched where Tom Brady responded to questions about playing last weeks game in a raging blizzard. Regardless, Brady reminded the interviewer of the Patriots past success in extreme weather games, stating...."It's because we practice outside whenever possible. No matter how bad the conditions might be, if you're going to play in it you're better off getting used to it...learning what works and what doesn't."

And along those same lines, I just watched the Brownie/Billfalo tilt and some attention was paid to the way the Brownie kicker had learned to kick the football version of a knuckleball. The result is a flat trajectory kick that carries longer in extreme weather than traditional kicks and if properly hooked can negate the effect of strong winds. Predictably, the kicker only discovered how to kick the knuckleballs that did indeed win the game after years of practicing in bad weather.

It was also mentioned how the Brownies had prepared for the game by practicing outside...using their treasured indoor practice facility only for walk throughs. As a result the Brownstains discovered their receivers couldn't keep their footing on curls and comeback routes, and changed their gameplan to one that featured go routes and post patterns.

Sadly, I'm well aware that none of the logic and facts that I'm offering can ever effectively counter the fuzzy logic and conspiracy theories that make up the metaphor that is The Bubble Rant.

In fact, the very strength of The Bubble Rant rests on it's "what if/maybe" foundation.

:lol: